Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,804 members, 7,827,959 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:10 PM

As Ibinabo Fiberesima Goes To Jail,Charles Novia Puts Out A Very Strong Write Up - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / As Ibinabo Fiberesima Goes To Jail,Charles Novia Puts Out A Very Strong Write Up (1578 Views)

2face Is A Two-faced Person - Charles Novia (pic) / Charles Novia Writes On Tiwa Savage And Teebillz Saga / Eye Witness Account Of Ibinabo Fiberisima’s Accident - Charles Novia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

As Ibinabo Fiberesima Goes To Jail,Charles Novia Puts Out A Very Strong Write Up by Lenny5k: 8:33pm On Mar 12, 2016
After so many years of this case going back and forth, it finally came to an end with the Judge rejecting Ibinabo Fiberesima’s appeal and sending her to Jail. For those that did not follow the original story, About 11 years ago, Mrs Ibinabo Fiberesima had a car accident and the occupant of the other Car a Medical Doctor ,died from the accident. The family took Ibinabo to Court and she spent a little time in Jail and was released! The family obviously angered by this sought redress in court as they felt it was a Slap on their face since the Medical Doctor who was the Bread winner of his family was killed in the Accident. The Case which has been playing back and forth like a bad movie finally came to an end with the Judge rejecting Ibinabo’s appeal and ruling in favor of the family by sending her straight to jail. This sends shock-waves throughout the Nigerian movie Industry and among friends and colleagues of Ibinabo Fiberesima, and as people discuss and debate this news, Nollywood Producer and Social Critic Mr Charles Novia put’s out a very strong and well balanced write up via his Facebook page which he captioned ‘A Thought For Ibinabo” See below

Ibinabo lost her appeal yesterday at the courts and was immediately sent to jail.

It was the culmination of an ordeal both she and the family of the late Doctor have gone through for ten years.

I am not going to say anyone was wrong nor would I say anyone was right. We must all realise that there are powerful emotional interests in this case on both sides and each would have merit when analysed.

A family breadwinner gone. Another family breadwinner sent to do the time as recompense.

We all must learn from this; the Law is sacrosanct. The Law is real.

On a personal level, Ibinabo is my friend. She's been a wonderful friend to me for over fifteen years and I suppose she has touched the lives too of some who know her personally. I can only express angst that she's in jail and stand with her during her ordeal as a show of motivation and encouragement. She needs that outstretched hand to survive the ordeal. And that's what a friend should do. A friend shares in your pains and stands by you. And there are many in the entertainment industry who are doing same for Ibinabo.

Not because we are angry with the judgement. Oh no. We respect the law. We all live in a society bound by the laws. We bow to the law and believe in the processes which are legally open to her to seek some form of clemency.

But we are a family in Nollywood; despite open spats. The bond artistes share is more than bloodlines. And for that, we must stand and share with our friend.

Once again, I commiserate with the family of the late Doctor and add to the prayers that God give them great fortitude to bear the loss of their loving breadwinner.

I believe forgiveness has to come in here to heal the wounds. Forgiveness from all parties. There were basic mistakes made; human flaws, human nature and perhaps inappropriate show of understanding.

But a hurt starts healing when forgiveness is applied. The family of the late Doctor have had their justice and the law has spoken. But we urge for personal forgiveness. Let the healing start.

Ibinabo....you will pull through this. You are a strong woman. A rare breed. You will be ok. And your friends will not abandon you. We will help you find your silver lining in all of this.

And most importantly; we all must learn from this.

Entertainers are humans. They are not demi-gods. They make mistakes like everyone else and suffer for the consequences of such mistakes.

But they have an advantage which many not of their ilk do not have; the ability to bounce back. The uncanny propensity to take the second chance and make something positive out of it.

And I believe Ibinabo would do just that.

More Pics: http://.com/2016/03/12/as-ibinabo-fiberesima-goes-to-jail-charles-novia-puts-out-a-strong-and-well-balanced-write-up/

1 Like

Re: As Ibinabo Fiberesima Goes To Jail,Charles Novia Puts Out A Very Strong Write Up by YorubaWoman: 8:36pm On Mar 12, 2016
oK
Re: As Ibinabo Fiberesima Goes To Jail,Charles Novia Puts Out A Very Strong Write Up by tellwisdom: 8:41pm On Mar 12, 2016
Who is ibiragbo??

1 Like

Re: As Ibinabo Fiberesima Goes To Jail,Charles Novia Puts Out A Very Strong Write Up by VickyRotex(f): 8:44pm On Mar 12, 2016
May the healing balm in Gilead, heal both families of their wounds.

The Lord strengthen you Ibinabo.
Re: As Ibinabo Fiberesima Goes To Jail,Charles Novia Puts Out A Very Strong Write Up by Lenny5k: 8:50pm On Mar 12, 2016
VickyRotex:
May the healing balm in Gilead, heal both families of their wounds.

The Lord strengthen you Ibinabo.

Amen!

1 Like

Re: As Ibinabo Fiberesima Goes To Jail,Charles Novia Puts Out A Very Strong Write Up by opeyemiieblog(m): 8:51pm On Mar 12, 2016
hmmm oga
Re: As Ibinabo Fiberesima Goes To Jail,Charles Novia Puts Out A Very Strong Write Up by datola: 9:07pm On Mar 12, 2016
Hmm.. it's a criminal case involving the state and Ibinabor.

She will definitely go on appeal to the Supreme court.

She should keep a low profile, be sober and reach out to the family of the diseased for a possible soft landing.

Very unfortunate accident!
Re: As Ibinabo Fiberesima Goes To Jail,Charles Novia Puts Out A Very Strong Write Up by iykedare(m): 11:48pm On Mar 12, 2016
This should serve as a lesson to those guys that drive as if they own the road.

(1) (Reply)

Nollywood Actress Juilet Ibrahim Look Beautiful On Low Cut Hair / Actress, Joy Tambou Reveals It All In New Hot Pictures / Overloaded Car Spotted, Along Okada Junction,benin-lagos Expressway, Edo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.