Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,188 members, 7,818,614 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

What Should She Do? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Should She Do? (2290 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Should She Do? by Mpyaw: 5:15am On Mar 13, 2016
My home is about to be shattered. Is it my fault that I couldn't give birth to a male child or am I God? My husband and I have been married for twelve years and we have four daughters. He doesn't really care about the sex of the children. He loves them and can spend his last kobo on them.

He is the first child and the only son of his family, in their clan their wives do give birth to a son as the firstborn, I'm the odd one out who has a daughter as the firstborn. My husband is not really bothered about that but his mother is on his neck to give her a son or marry another woman if I can't. My once loving mother-in-law now despise me like a flithy rag. The pressure is just too much and my husband has been forced to dance to their tune. He was on my side when all these started but now I'm alone in the battle.

I would have given child bearing another trial but my doctor warned me not to risk my life by getting pregnant again because I had my last two daughters through Caesarean Section and the last one was a little bit complicated, it was just God that saved me. I don't want to lose my man, my home to a strange woman out there. What do I do?
Re: What Should She Do? by Miami11: 5:32am On Mar 13, 2016
There is nothing you can do. Don't risk your life for anymore kids, just raise your girls ignore mother in law. And let your husband decide what he wants to do.

If he is the marrying type he will remarry and there is no guarantee the other woman will give him a boy.

6 Likes

Re: What Should She Do? by utenwuson: 5:47am On Mar 13, 2016
it's a strong one! sorry 4 ur predicament, only God decide d sex of a child, u cnt risk ur life tryn 2 conceive can't be sure it's gonna be a male, concentrate on training ur girls, if Obama dnt av a boy child n he ain't worried then who else! though it's quite difficult to cope here in Africa wtout d male child!
Re: What Should She Do? by greatgod2012(f): 5:56am On Mar 13, 2016
If your husband has been dancing to their tunes, then, expect the unexpected.

But let's start here, are you independent, are you gainfully employed, if yes,then, when the unexpected happens, you can decide to either stay or leave, because, honestly, there is nothing or little you can do if he has decided to marry another woman because of male child/children.

However, if God will vindicate you and shame them all, he would marry another wife/wives, and they will all have female children only for him.

I have a friend whose father left their mum because she had only 4 girls to marry another wife who also had only female children, he also married the 3rd wife, same. To cut the long story short, the man had a total of 13 children and they are all female children.

8 Likes

Re: What Should She Do? by Nobody: 6:31am On Mar 13, 2016
not this story again.
lemme tell you what people would tell you,pray toGod.

2 Likes

Re: What Should She Do? by EfemenaXY: 6:32am On Mar 13, 2016
Mpyaw:
My home is about to be shattered. Is it my fault that I couldn't give birth to a male child or am I God? My husband and I have been married for twelve years and we have four daughters. He doesn't really care about the sex of the children. He loves them and can spend his last kobo on them.
He is the first child and the only son of his family, in their clan their wives do give birth to a son as the firstborn, I'm the odd one out who has a daughter as the firstborn. My husband is not really bothered about that but his mother is on his neck to give her a son or marry another woman if I can't. My once loving mother-in-law now despise me like a flithy rag. The pressure is just too much and my husband has been forced to dance to their tune. He was on my side when all these started but now I'm alone in the battle.
I would have given child bearing another trial but my doctor warned me not to risk my life by getting pregnant again because I had my last two daughters through Caesarean Section and the last one was a little bit complicated, it was just God that saved me. I don't want to lose my man, my home to a strange woman out there. What do I do?

Mtcheeew.

Nigerians and their cooked up stories. Shebi as at 10th March you were a single guy looking to enter a relationship with a girl? https://www.nairaland.com/2982752/finding-cinderella

And barely a week later you're a woman with 4 daughters, married for 12 years.

What utter nonesense. Better post the link to this copy 'n paste story of yours.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Should She Do? by Nobody: 6:38am On Mar 13, 2016
grin grin Give him a fighting chance nah! You don't kick a man who is down
EfemenaXY:

Mtcheeew.

Nigerians and their cooked up stories. Shebi as at 10th March you were a single guy looking to enter a relationship with a girl? https://www.nairaland.com/2982752/finding-cinderella

What utter nonesense. Better post the link to this copy 'n paste story of yours.

1 Like

Re: What Should She Do? by Laitesmart(m): 6:47am On Mar 13, 2016
EfemenaXY:

Mtcheeew.

Not all those who ppst stories are the victims in the story... Some people are writing from friends experience... Go check some of the so called best OPs tooo. Cut the guy some slack jawe...

As for the lady.. She better forget about it and start thinking of what she intend to do as regards raising her children..

1 Like

Re: What Should She Do? by Mpyaw: 8:03am On Mar 13, 2016
EfemenaXY:

Mtcheeew.

Re: What Should She Do? by BluStreak(m): 9:47am On Mar 13, 2016
This issue is a very sensitive one and begs for all understanding. The women of the days before supported their husbands when faced with this type of predicament, but today's women see it as a man being inconsiderate. This is Africa & we as Africans have some things that are peculiar to us. Unlike the West, having a male child who will take over the mantle from him forms among others the top desires of every man.

So support ur hubby on his desire to have a male child. Surrogacy is gaining ground now in Naija, or let him do the baby mama thinz. I won't support a new wife to avoid rivalry in a home you built over the years.

This is entirely my opinion which is my right whether it makes sense or not.
Re: What Should She Do? by EfemenaXY: 9:57am On Mar 13, 2016
BluStreak:
This issue is a very sensitive one and begs for all understanding. The women of the days before supported their husbands when faced with this type of predicament, but today's women see it as a man being inconsiderate. This is Africa & we as Africans have some things that are peculiar to us. Unlike the West, having a male child who will take over the mantle from him forms among others the top desires of every man.

So support ur hubby on his desire to have a male child. Surrogacy is gaining ground now in Naija, or let him do the baby mama thinz. I won't support a new wife to avoid rivalry in a home you built over the years.

This is entirely my opinion which is my right whether it makes sense or not.

Support him how, exactly?

You do understand that the sex of the child is determined by the male's mismatched XY chromosomes and not the female's matched XX chromosomes?? i.e. The man's Y chromosome yields forth the male child?

Biology 101.

6 Likes

Re: What Should She Do? by BluStreak(m): 10:11am On Mar 13, 2016
EfemenaXY:

Support him how, exactly?

You do understand that the sex of the child is determined by the male's mismatched XY chromosomes and not the female's matched XX chromosomes?? i.e. The man's Y chromosome yields forth the male child?

Biology 101.

No doubt on the issue of men being the determinant as they carry the Y chromosomes that yields baby boys. You also might have the need to further your knowledge on the part played by a woman's PH level at the time of copulation and conception.

That there is the baabaa of them all.
Re: What Should She Do? by EfemenaXY: 10:15am On Mar 13, 2016
BluStreak:

No doubt on the issue of men being the determinant as they carry the Y chromosomes that yields baby boys. You also might have the need to further your knowledge on the part played by a woman's PH level at the time of copulation and conception.

That there is the baabaa of them all.

Even so.

You still haven't answered my question. How do you propose she she "supports" him?

1 Like

Re: What Should She Do? by Ginaz(f): 10:23am On Mar 13, 2016
all i can tell you is that

***don't worry, by the day cos everything living thing gonna be alright**** smiley
Re: What Should She Do? by Blade21: 10:27am On Mar 13, 2016
Mpyaw:
My home is about to be shattered. Is it my fault that I couldn't give birth to a male child or am I God? My husband and I have been married for twelve years and we have four daughters. He doesn't really careabout the sex of the children. He loves them and can spend his last kobo on them.

He is the first child and the only son of his family, in their clan their wives do give birth to a son as the firstborn, I'm the odd one out who has a daughter as the firstborn. My husband is not really bothered about that but his mother is on his neck to give her a son or marry another woman if I can't. My once loving mother-in-law now despise me like a flithy rag.The pressure is just too much and my husband has been forced to dance to their tune. He was on my side when all these started but now I'm alone in the battle.

tell your hubby to man up and give Y chromosome it's totally his fault you don't have a boy so u you bothered rubbish nija mentality
Re: What Should She Do? by BluStreak(m): 10:28am On Mar 13, 2016
EfemenaXY:

Even so.

You still haven't answered my question. How do you propose she she "supports" him?

By allowing him realize his desire which is having a male child. With the support of the wife, they can go about it such that she will not have to share her home with another woman or worst case, loose it to another woman.

It can be achieved @EfemenaXY

Additional:
They should put heads together and get a surrogate mother. They can opt for gender selection procedure, use her own eggs etc. Or a cheaper method, paid baby mama.
Re: What Should She Do? by EfemenaXY: 10:44am On Mar 13, 2016
BluStreak:

By allowing him realize his desire which is having a male child. With the support of the wife, they can go about it such that she will not have to share her home with another woman or worst case, loose it to another woman.

It can be achieved @EfemenaXY

Additional:
They should put heads together and get a surrogate mother. They can opt for gender selection procedure, use her own eggs etc. Or a cheaper method, paid baby mama.

I still don't get you. Break it down.

You're proposing he plays the field, yes?

And she should sit there and just take it?

1 Like

Re: What Should She Do? by BluStreak(m): 11:50am On Mar 13, 2016
EfemenaXY:

I still don't get you. Break it down.

You're proposing he plays the field, yes?

And she should sit there and just take it?

Nooooo. I don't mean him playing the field. That will be too traumatising as she already has enough to grapple with. But with agreement, without the family's consent, they can opt for artificial insemination on a willing surrogate either using her own egg or the surrogates egg. It's as simple as that. Or agree with the man to get a willing lady to bear the child for them. Just one so they can have a son in their mix.

If the woman consents to it, it minimises the pain just like the men who urge their women to get pregnant from outside their marriage because they are incapable.
Re: What Should She Do? by EfemenaXY: 11:58am On Mar 13, 2016
BluStreak:

Nooooo. I don't mean him playing the field. That will be too traumatising as she already has enough to grapple with. But with agreement, without the family's consent, they can opt for artificial insemination on a willing surrogate either using her own egg or the surrogates egg. It's as simple as that. Or agree with the man to get a willing lady to bear the child for them. Just one so they can have a son in their mix.

If the woman consents to it, it minimises the pain just like the men who urge their women to get pregnant from outside their marriage because they are incapable.

And would you advocate such a man encourage his wife to do the same in search of a female child if he has issues fathering a girl child?

1 Like

Re: What Should She Do? by 5minsmadness: 12:10pm On Mar 13, 2016
EfemenaXY:

And would you advocate such a man encourage his wife to do the same in search of a female child if he has issues fathering a girl child?

Na wa.
You like quarrel sha.
Read his last paragraph to you. It shows his view, although warped, is balanced.

@blustreak
It won't matter if they get a surrogate since the determinant of the sex of the child is from the male. As long as the man is the one involved he will most likely have another female child. The best bet is for both of them to agree for another man to impregnate his wife either through local surrogacy or IVF. The other man's sperm has a better chance of producing a male child than the husband's own.

3 Likes

Re: What Should She Do? by EfemenaXY: 12:17pm On Mar 13, 2016
5minsmadness:

Na wa.
You like quarrel sha.
Read his last paragraph to you. It shows his view, although warped, is balanced.

angry

@blustreak
It won't matter if they get a surrogate since the determinant of the sex of the child is from the male. As long as the man is the one involved he will most likely have another female child. The best bet is for both of them to agree for another man to impregnate his wife either through local surrogacy or IVF. The other man's sperm has a better chance of producing a male child than the husband's own.

Epic!

I have nothing more to add. cheesy
Re: What Should She Do? by thorpido(m): 1:38pm On Mar 13, 2016
Mpyaw:
Over time, I have known you to be some bitter man, don't take it out on me. I never said, I am a woman. its happening to my own sister. So, if you have a solution please drop it than attacking me.
You could simply have stated that it was your sister.It makes the thread more authentic and helps to separate trolls from people who need genuine advice.

@Op,I hope the woman in this case has a job or stable source of income.There is nothing you can do if your husband decides he wants another woman to have a child for him.He in his foolishness does not know it is the man that determines the sex of the baby.
I don't understand your statement about the people in his family having boys as first born and he didn't have.Is it something automatic?You people just need basic biology lessons.

3 Likes

Re: What Should She Do? by Olasco93: 2:26pm On Mar 13, 2016
Inasmuch as some so called mother-in-law are seemingly wicked and selfcentered, not knowing how others feel but themselves, I imploy you to be strong, don't let this make you think inferior of yourself, husband or your beautiful daughters overpower those thoughts. Even if it looks as if there is no one by your side NOW, be strong in your God His plans for you and your daughters is always Greater than that of men.
The truth is, your husband may just be to dancing to his mother's tone now just to please her; that's the situation of 'some' men who are so attuned to those Negative Custom and Tradition and cannot make them lead their family correctly.
Though, this definitely may be affecting you psychologically but don't let it control you because as small as this may seem, it can MAKE or BREAK your loving relationship you've built over the years with This Man. Build your self-esteem and be that brave and confident woman. Trust God and pray for your yourself, husband, his mum and your children and above all, DON'T GIVE UP.

1 Like

Re: What Should She Do? by BluStreak(m): 3:30pm On Mar 13, 2016
EfemenaXY:

Men are known to have allowed their wife go out to get pregnant albeit secretly so they can have a child to call their own. Don't pretend like you haven't heard real life stories even if you haven't witness one. If men can stomach it, why cant a woman?
Re: What Should She Do? by EfemenaXY: 5:04pm On Mar 13, 2016
BluStreak:

Men are known to have allowed their wife go out to get pregnant albeit secretly so they can have a child to call their own. Don't pretend like you haven't heard real life stories even if you haven't witness one. If men can stomach it, why cant a woman?

What's there to pretend about?

As long as we're absolutely clear that what's good for the goose is equally good for the gander, then all's good and dandy.

Fair's fair.

2 Likes

Re: What Should She Do? by Mpyaw: 11:44am On Apr 07, 2016
hmmmmm
5minsmadness:

Na wa.
You like quarrel sha.

@blustreak
Re: What Should She Do? by SUV(f): 5:58pm On Apr 07, 2016
Real epic!
Women r always at fault for everything that happens in a family, even bearing male children wwhich biologically is d role of d man and above all d choice of God.

Oohhh chimooo

Have they not heard of adoption? That's for me d only sensible solution.

They shld both discuss and agree tobadopt a male child...my uncle did d same after 4daughters.

3 Likes

Re: What Should She Do? by Pojomojo: 9:18am On Mar 05, 2023
wink
greatgod2012:
If your husband has been dancing to their tunes, then, expect the unexpected.

But let's start here, are you independent, are you gainfully employed, if yes,then, when the unexpected happens, you can decide to either stay or leave, because, honestly, there is nothing or little you can do if he has decided to marry another woman because of male child/children.

However, if God will vindicate you and shame them all, he would marry another wife/wives, and they will all have female children only for him.

I have a friend whose father left their mum because she had only 4 girls to marry another wife who also had only female children, he also married the 3rd wife, same. To cut the long story short, the man had a total of 13 children and they are all female children.
Re: What Should She Do? by Nice2023(m): 11:50am On Mar 05, 2023
Mpyaw:

Let me advice u.

If ur husband is ok financially,meet a good gynaecologist and let him help u guys to do IVF with gender selection procedure.

It is about 3.5million naira in Lagos and close to that amount in Abuja too.

If he is financially capable why the stress about that.

Think about it.
Re: What Should She Do? by AngelSlay: 6:47pm On Apr 30
sad

(1) (Reply)

A Widow Needs A Widower To Love And Take Care Of Her / Marriage Palava part 4 / From Mummy To Mum To Mothers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.