Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) (34246 Views)

Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri / Olu Of Warri, Ikenwole, Ayiri Emami Cross Over To Ancestral Palace Across River / Olori Wuraola Pulls A Beyoncé On Ooni Of Ife (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) by IndianBwoy(m): 9:38pm On Mar 13, 2016
koolkamzzy:
And who is that guy kneeling down?

He has been punished. grin
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) by tripoli007(m): 9:46pm On Mar 13, 2016
koolkamzzy:

That's the abobaku hope he doesn't go missing when the oonie dies grin grin
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) by warriiboguy: 9:49pm On Mar 13, 2016
koolkamzzy:
Abobaku
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) by pwettiejay(f): 9:49pm On Mar 13, 2016
Guy kneeling down with phone in hand may be updating on fb or who knows, may be a nairalander #PhoneAddict

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) by mascot87(m): 9:57pm On Mar 13, 2016
YoruBadGoon:
In as much as the Ooni is a clown - I like this.

Éléribu ni è

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) by lucianohase(m): 10:13pm On Mar 13, 2016
carbony4red:
grin grin grin grin

Thats the one n only Abobaku of Ile Ife....
Hope he doesn't escape like the former after enjoying....
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) by Trust77: 10:14pm On Mar 13, 2016
Why this dude, come kneel down dey chart.
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) by FridaySsunday33(m): 10:16pm On Mar 13, 2016
Olorogun of waffy you tomuch ooooo
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) by people3: 10:20pm On Mar 13, 2016
If you are in Lagos where people are busy with their jobs, who cares about these yeye monarch who don't contribute anything to the society ? .... they are find in villages and old places
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) by merits(m): 10:22pm On Mar 13, 2016
koolkamzzy:
na en work en dey do
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) by JuanDeDios: 10:22pm On Mar 13, 2016
hardisha81:
...u are a Nigeria, who has one or other traditional and cultural trait backed with an historical background , why feigning nd abuse d custom?
Yes, I'm African and Nigerian. But I don't subscribe to a tradition where someone kneels down because the king is on the throne. Kneeling down to greet, I accept as tradition, but this is something else. If I ask you for pictures of someone kneeling and texting before Queen Elizabeth, I'm sure you will remind me I'm African, as if that's a license for backwardness. What is bad is bad and has no culture or colour. If this king offers me a title I would point him to this picture and explain that one who believes in the fair and dignified treatment of all I cannot be seen to be backing that institution.

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) by shogz89: 10:40pm On Mar 13, 2016
JuanDeDios:

Yes, I'm African and Nigerian. But I don't subscribe to a tradition where someone kneels down because the king is on the throne. Kneeling down to greet, I accept as tradition, but this is something else. If I ask you for pictures of someone kneeling and texting before Queen Elizabeth, I'm sure you will remind me I'm African, as if that's a license for backwardness. What is bad is bad and has no culture or colour. If this king offers me a title I would point him to this picture and explain that one who believes in the fair and dignified treatment of all I cannot be seen to be backing that institution.
Oga that's our culture this ain't England this Ile-ife, guess you are not able to see the fault in wearing gloves to shake people, that's an insult here but it's practised there, we can never have a queen in ile-ife ruling like a king as queen Elizabeth.. So we have individual differences if you feel your culture is inferior because of their practices you can change your identity buh thinking your view will change anything about that is what you should erase

6 Likes

Re: Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) by elopee3000(m): 3:57am On Mar 14, 2016
shogz89:
Oga that's our culture this ain't England this Ile-ife, guess you are not able to see the fault in wearing gloves to shake people, that's an insult here but it's practised there, we can never have a queen in ile-ife ruling like a king as queen Elizabeth.. So we have individual differences if you feel your culture is inferior because of their practices you can change your identity buh thinking your view will change anything about that is what you should erase
then if ur culture is superior why do they stop eating hart of dead ooni or they don't like thier tradition again? Pls we don't benefit any thing from kings in Africa apart from them marrying multiple wives like king of Lesotho
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) by AreaFada2: 5:27am On Mar 14, 2016
elopee3000:
then if ur culture is superior why do they stop eating hart of dead ooni or they don't like thier tradition again? Pls we don't benefit any thing from kings in Africa apart from them marrying multiple wives like king of Lesotho

That's not actually true. We could benefit even more.

Sure some monarchs don't quite know how to help their people and many suck up to politicians too much. So they can't tell politicians the truth about poor performance in office.

The constitutional roles of kings are quite clear: custodian of culture & tradition, etc.

Decades from now, when petroleum has become almost irrelevant or even exhausted, our culture will be a major source of income via tourism.

So, preserving them through ourselves & monarchs is basically bequeathing a gold mine to our descendants. grin

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) by JuanDeDios: 6:14am On Mar 14, 2016
shogz89:
Yes, a man texting on his knees is an inferior, backward culture. I said it. But you can't understand the reasoning, though, so no need to continue.

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) by shogz89: 6:57am On Mar 14, 2016
elopee3000:
you can as well tell me what you benefit from foreign mornachs, just 1..

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) by ladygudhead(f): 7:04am On Mar 14, 2016
potbelly:
he's updating his bbm status... kneeling things... grin

buahahahahahaahcheesy ....u really made me lmao!

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) by bedford101(m): 7:20am On Mar 14, 2016
First class meets first class. Ogiame suoooo.
Long live the Ooni of Ife
Long live the Olu of warri
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) by callJesu: 7:35am On Mar 14, 2016
They all have their source from Ife and so they must return their to pay courtesy visit to the father of the region..
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) by humbleself242(m): 8:14am On Mar 14, 2016
koolkamzzy:
na the King new bride
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) by Kakamorufu(m): 8:52am On Mar 14, 2016
Nice one. Oritsefemi for example
Pprovost:
Well, Yorubas and itshekiris are Siamese twins. They are even closer to Yorubas than the Benins. When you start hearing the name like Sola, Timilehin, Femi, Eyimofe, etc. Don't be too quick to say the bearer of these names are Yoruba, he/she might just be itshekiri.

moreover, itshekiris are cool headed people cool
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) by Nobody: 8:59am On Mar 14, 2016
Barbarthundey:
Olu of warrior visits "iku baba yeye" alase ikeji Orisa

Kabiyesi ooo

Oonirisa is not iku baba yeye.
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) by tpiar: 9:03am On Mar 14, 2016
callJesu:
They all have their source from Ife and so they must return their to pay courtesy visit to the father of the region..

So you believe all these "visits" are courtesy and not speculating?

As per source, is Ife their only source? Why are they not openly admitting to their connections with other areas?
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) by Barbarthundey(m): 10:37am On Mar 14, 2016
janellemonae:

Oonirisa is not iku baba yeye.

But he is alase ikeji orisa
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) by debson(m): 11:54am On Mar 14, 2016
Traditional tourism. - Nice one.
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) by Nobody: 12:23pm On Mar 14, 2016
Barbarthundey:

But he is alase ikeji orisa

Yeah dts a general oriki for all kings.
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) by Barbarthundey(m): 12:52pm On Mar 14, 2016
janellemonae:

Yeah dts a general oriki for all kings.
sad i can't argue this afternoon jare!
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) by litetias(m): 3:01pm On Mar 14, 2016
hardisha81:
...u are a Nigeria, who has one or other traditional and cultural trait backed with an historical background , why feigning nd abuse d custom?
If it was your father who was kneeling down in the name of custom would you be saying all these?
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) by macof(m): 6:16pm On Mar 14, 2016
JuanDeDios:

how is a man kneeling before his king your business?
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) by JuanDeDios: 10:05pm On Mar 14, 2016
macof:

how is a man kneeling before his king your business?
Maybe you missed the place I said nobody has a problem with kneeling in greeting but having someone stay on his knees is backward. Well, I'm sure you didn't. Are you not the caveman who said it is OK to murder people for rituals? Putting on clothes and using a phone and pretending to be civilised doesn't make you civilised. How can a guy like you understand what I'm trying to say about slavery and dehumanisation being wrong?
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) by macof(m): 2:13pm On Mar 15, 2016
JuanDeDios:

Maybe you missed the place I said nobody has a problem with kneeling in greeting but having someone stay on his knees is backward. Well, I'm sure you didn't. Are you not the caveman who said it is OK to murder people for rituals? Putting on clothes and using a phone and pretending to be civilised doesn't make you civilised. How can a guy like you understand what I'm trying to say about slavery and dehumanisation being wrong?

just ans my question. ..will you?
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) by tpiar: 2:49pm On Mar 15, 2016
Technically, the kneeling might be a throwback to ancient times when knights had to kneel to be knighted.

In that case, it might be based on British or European culture.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Traditionalists Lay Curses On People Insulting Oba Of Benin On Social Media(pics / Funny Things Only Nigerians Do / Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.