Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,636 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:43 AM

Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) (34466 Views)

Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri / Olu Of Warri, Ikenwole, Ayiri Emami Cross Over To Ancestral Palace Across River / Olori Wuraola Pulls A Beyoncé On Ooni Of Ife (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) by onuwaje(m): 3:39pm On Mar 15, 2016
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) by JuanDeDios: 4:35pm On Mar 15, 2016
macof:

just ans my question. ..will you?
I did. But how can you comprehend? Your positions that killing people for rituals is fine if tradition demands it and that it's OK to stay on one's knees around the king say a lot about your intelligence quotient.
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) by JuanDeDios: 4:37pm On Mar 15, 2016
tpiar:
Technically, the kneeling might be a throwback to ancient times when knights had to kneel to be knighted.

In that case, it might be based on British or European culture.
grin
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) by onuwaje(m): 4:44pm On Mar 15, 2016
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) by macof(m): 12:39pm On Mar 16, 2016
JuanDeDios:

I did. But how can you comprehend? Your positions that killing people for rituals is fine if tradition demands it and that it's OK to stay on one's knees around the king say a lot about your intelligence quotient.

oh shut up you dumb slowpoke. a simple question you failed to answer

what has this got to do with killing humans for rituals? you are really foolish to bring that up, as Yoruba tradition has nothing to do with that

answer my question or accept ur status as a dimwitted maggot. ... how does a man kneeling down before his King affect your life?
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) by JuanDeDios: 5:17pm On Mar 16, 2016
macof:

oh shut up you dumb slowpoke. a simple question you failed to answer

what has this got to do with killing humans for rituals? you are really foolish to bring that up, as Yoruba tradition has nothing to do with that

answer my question or accept ur status as a dimwitted maggot. ... how does a man kneeling down before his King affect your life?

What you call others mean nothing as long as they aren't it. What you are is what is important. There are threads in Nairaland where you have defended oro ritual murder - that is what you are. And that is what is important. As for your question, I already answered it - it worries me there are still people like you who see nothing wrong with the picture above and with ritual murder. It makes me feel bad that some of my people are still so backward. That is how it affects me.

So the next time you sneak out at night with your fellow cultists to kill people to sacrifice to your oro deity, stop and think - you owe it to yourself and your future generations to leave the world a better place than you met it instead of perpetuating anachronism. You can do it, macof. It may seem hard, but nothing is impossible. Traditionalists stopped killing twins in Calabar - they realised the gods commanded no such thing. The Catholics stopped fighting science - God didn't send them. All that's left to fix the world of religion is for Salafists to stop bombing people in the name of jihad and for macof and co to stop killing people for oro in the mistaken belief that our gods commanded it. Go on, macof!
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) by macof(m): 11:52pm On Mar 16, 2016
JuanDeDios:

What you call others mean nothing as long as they aren't it. What you are is what is important. There are threads in Nairaland where you have defended oro ritual murder - that is what you are. And that is what is important. As for your question, I already answered it - it worries me there are still people like you who see nothing wrong with the picture above and with ritual murder. It makes me feel bad that some of my people are still so backward. That is how it affects me.

So the next time you sneak out at night with your fellow cultists to kill people to sacrifice to your oro deity, stop and think - you owe it to yourself and your future generations to leave the world a better place than you met it instead of perpetuating anachronism. You can do it, macof. It may seem hard, but nothing is impossible. Traditionalists stopped killing twins in Calabar - they realised the gods commanded no such thing. The Catholics stopped fighting science - God didn't send them. All that's left to fix the world of religion is for Salafists to stop bombing people in the name of jihad and for macof and co to stop killing people for oro in the mistaken belief that our gods commanded it. Go on, macof!

oh! another slowpoke who jumps to conclusions over what he knows nothing about
get away you dumb Bleep slowpoke
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) by JuanDeDios: 1:08pm On Mar 18, 2016
macof:

oh! another slowpoke who jumps to conclusions over what he knows nothing about
get away you dumb Bleep slowpoke

You like the words slowpoke and slowpoke. I challenge you to a mental contest, let's see who will crash out in round 1. How can someone who believes the gods wants us to kill our kind claim they are intelligent, to the extent of calling someone else a slowpoke?

You can claim I know nothing all you want but you yourself admitted these murders and voiced your support for them. My message to you remains the same - you can bring about change. So the next time your oluwo instructs you to go ring a bell to tell the people that if their goat is missing they should look for it but if their person is missing they should not, preach to the oluwo. Tell him it's time to stop desecrating our great traditional institutions and embarrassing our gods, our ancestors and our people. When you sneak out at night to join the head hunters, instead of looking for strangers and people returning late from work to kill, preach to your colleagues. Ask them to go home and make love to their wives. It's not hard. Our people in Calabar did it. We in the southwest can.
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) by macof(m): 5:12pm On Mar 18, 2016
JuanDeDios:

You like the words slowpoke and slowpoke. I challenge you to a mental contest, let's see who will crash out in round 1. How can someone who believes the gods wants us to kill our kind claim they are intelligent, to the extent of calling someone else a slowpoke?

You can claim I know nothing all you want but you yourself admitted these murders and voiced your support for them. My message to you remains the same - you can bring about change. So the next time your oluwo instructs you to go ring a bell to tell the people that if their goat is missing they should look for it but if their person is missing they should not, preach to the oluwo. Tell him it's time to stop desecrating our great traditional institutions and embarrassing our gods, our ancestors and our people. When you sneak out at night to join the head hunters, instead of looking for strangers and people returning late from work to kill, preach to your colleagues. Ask them to go home and make love to their wives. It's not hard. Our people in Calabar did it. We in the southwest can.

grin grin a man kneeling to his king is what brought up all this ludicrous ritual killing accusations

Mr. man go and rest.
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) by JuanDeDios: 6:06pm On Mar 18, 2016
macof:

grin grin a man kneeling to his king is what brought up all this ludicrous ritual killing accusations

Mr. man go and rest.
grin
Well, it was good taking digs at you. I respect tradition but what is bad is bad. cool
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) by JuanDeDios: 8:00am On Jun 07, 2016
macof:

just ans my question. ..will you?
Your people have started in Ota. As we speak, non-natives are being murdered in the town for the late oba. Please caution your people.
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) by macof(m): 3:10pm On Jun 07, 2016
JuanDeDios:

Your people have started in Ota. As we speak, non-natives are being murdered in the town for the late oba. Please caution your people.

shut up ode. shoe me proof and stop slandering people
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) by JuanDeDios: 3:49pm On Jun 07, 2016
macof:

shut up ode. shoe me proof and stop slandering people
I should go there with a camera so that they will go for my head, abi? Anyway, you're a known supporter of this thing, that's why I mentioned you. May Olodumare touch your heart and teach you love.
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) by Richiest(m): 10:39pm On Jun 13, 2017
Pprovost:
Well, Yorubas and itshekiris are Siamese twins. They are even closer to Yorubas than the Benins. When you start hearing the name like Sola, Timilehin, Femi, Eyimofe, etc. Don't be too quick to say the bearer of these names are Yoruba, he/she might just be itshekiri.

Really cool headed people.

moreover, itshekiris are cool headed people cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Zaynab-Otiti Obanor Wuraola Wins Humanitarian Award At The UN (Photos) / Oba Of Benin, Others Participate At Berlin Humboldt Forum Arts Exhibition In Ger / Ifa - The True Religion Of The Yorubas?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.