Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,354 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

TERRORISM: Gunmen Kills 12 At Ivory Coast Beach Resort - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / TERRORISM: Gunmen Kills 12 At Ivory Coast Beach Resort (426 Views)

Ivory Coast Pays France Rent For Using The Ivorian Presidential Palace. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

TERRORISM: Gunmen Kills 12 At Ivory Coast Beach Resort by duketunde: 8:36pm On Mar 13, 2016
At least 12 people have been declared dead, after gunmen stormed a popular Ivory Coast beach resort earlier today. Four of the victims were Europeans, according to Reuters, which cited police source.

The gunfire reportedly occurred near a hotel in Grand-Bassam and several people were wounded, diplomatic sources told Reuters.

The attackers, who were "heavily armed and wearing balaclavas, fired at guests at the L'Etoile du Sud, a large hotel which was full of expats in the current heatwave," a witness told AFP.

"I saw seven dead that I filmed. There were four attackers. I was swimming when it started and I ran away," said Dramane Kima, who showed video of the carnage to Reuters. He also took pictures of grenades and ammunition clips he believed were left behind by the gunmen.

A receptionist at the L'Etoile du Sud hotel said the attacks happened on the beach.

"We don't know where they came from, and we don't know where they've gone," he said of the gunmen.

Security forces claimed to have neutralize six armed men after the attacks on three hotels.

"We don't know yet if there are others," an officer told security forces during a briefing also attended by a Reuters reporter. "We are doing clean-up operations right now." - See more at: http://www.duketundesblog.com/2016/03/terrorism-gunmen-kills-12-at-ivory.html#sthash.HiIYAJD7.dpuf

(1) (Reply)

Trump's Remote Approach Counselors Are Elusive / Photos Of Three Suspects In The Belgian Terrorist Bombing / British Isis Fighters Celebrate Brussels Attacks | Threaten Heathrow And Downing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.