Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,383 members, 7,815,809 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

Re- DOLLAR Scarcity:manufacturers Turn To 'local Raw Materials.' Really? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Re- DOLLAR Scarcity:manufacturers Turn To 'local Raw Materials.' Really? (438 Views)

Nigeria Breweries To Intensify Local Raw Materials Sourcing For Improved Earning / Enugu Residents Shift Patronage To Local Rice - The Punch / DOLLAR SCARCITY:manufacturers turn to local raw materials. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Re- DOLLAR Scarcity:manufacturers Turn To 'local Raw Materials.' Really? by aloeman15(m): 12:31pm On Mar 14, 2016
I read the original thread with the above title. As I read the posts a few thoughts came to mind so those in the know should please clarify for me and others who may be also concerned.
What's the current situation with rice imports? Are they banned or not?

What's the situation of our border controls? Are smugglers being checked, or is there still free movement and egunje?
After PAN, Kaduna is bought over and revived, is it French cars they'll still be assembling, with dollars spent on importing the parts? Or is Peugeot selling it's company to Nigeria?
Dangote's refinery is in the free trade zone, making it effectively outside Nigeria. When he starts production, is it true that we will be 'importing' his petrol and paying him in dollars?!
I've observed So many issues like these, so that we shouldn't be shouting made in Nigeria when things are happening right under buhari's nose that will further impoverish us all.
Or maybe I'm just worrying for nothing...
Experts in the house, over to you.
Re: Re- DOLLAR Scarcity:manufacturers Turn To 'local Raw Materials.' Really? by acenazt: 12:41pm On Mar 14, 2016
Oga u are forgetting Unemployment. If el-rufai brings back the industries wouldn't there be jobs.
Re: Re- DOLLAR Scarcity:manufacturers Turn To 'local Raw Materials.' Really? by aloeman15(m): 2:09pm On Mar 14, 2016
acenazt:
Oga u are forgetting Unemployment. If el-rufai brings back the industries wouldn't there be jobs.
True.
But we're talking of importation and it's effects. All those importers, MAN, NBS all complained about dollar restrictions. Everyone in support says it's to preserve our foreign reserve, DESPITE THE JOB LOSSES IN THE THOUSANDS. But why would job creation now even be part of the arguement to pay Peugeot, Dangote and rice importers in dollars? Or will the workers collect dollar paychecks?

(1) (Reply)

Help!! Yankura Market Is Still On Fire / Mtn’s Top Boss Set To Resign / What Other Shipping Company Have You Use Recently?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.