Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,819 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

PHOTO: 10-year-old Boy Seen Hawking Dangerous Insecticide In Sabon Gari, Kano - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / PHOTO: 10-year-old Boy Seen Hawking Dangerous Insecticide In Sabon Gari, Kano (733 Views)

10-Year-Old Zimbabwean Eats Sex Sweets, Suffers ‘Everlasting’ Erection / FAKE RAMBO INSECTICIDE!!! Please Be Careful. / Photo: 10-year-old Boy Spotted Hawking Dangerous Insecticide In Sabon Gari, Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PHOTO: 10-year-old Boy Seen Hawking Dangerous Insecticide In Sabon Gari, Kano by 247frolic(m): 9:28am On Mar 15, 2016
This 10-year-old boy is being exposed to health hazards selling poisonous insecticide in Sabon Gari Market, Kano. Below is what Mohammed Shehu who shared the photo wrote:

"I just met this boy this afternoon selling a very dangerous insecticide. He is barely 10 or 12 years of age. My concern: is this boy capable of handling these kind of poisonous materials?
On cross-examining him, I found out that the boy is 'Almajiri', and was asked to hawk these items by some guys in Sabon Gari Market. He lives with his Mallam at my neighbourhood. He is neither aware of the harmful effect of the chemicals nor trained to handle such items. I gave him some money and asked him to return it to the owner and never hawk such materials. This 'Almajiranci' must stop for us to progress as people. Allah ya kiyaye, Amee"

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/03/photo-10-year-old-boy-seen-hawking.html

cc lalasticlala

Re: PHOTO: 10-year-old Boy Seen Hawking Dangerous Insecticide In Sabon Gari, Kano by OZAOEKPE(f): 9:29am On Mar 15, 2016
grin THIS SAME BOY AND HIS KINDS VOTED AGAINST JONATHAN, NOW THEY ARE SUFFERING FOR IT grin

2 Likes

Re: PHOTO: 10-year-old Boy Seen Hawking Dangerous Insecticide In Sabon Gari, Kano by Nobody: 9:30am On Mar 15, 2016
That's naija for you

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: 10-year-old Boy Seen Hawking Dangerous Insecticide In Sabon Gari, Kano by carinmom(f): 9:33am On Mar 15, 2016
This is sad and unfortunate. Almajiranci is one of the worst things affecting the north.
Re: PHOTO: 10-year-old Boy Seen Hawking Dangerous Insecticide In Sabon Gari, Kano by Akkord4gov: 9:41am On Mar 15, 2016
carinmom:
This is sad and unfortunate. Almajiranci is one of the worst things affecting the north.

The word "Almajiri" is being misuse. You yourself is Almajiri grin grin grin. What I learnt is that Almajiri means "student"

Back to the topic,this happens everywhere even in my own State too. The poverty is too much that everyone is finding any way for survival. God help us all
Re: PHOTO: 10-year-old Boy Seen Hawking Dangerous Insecticide In Sabon Gari, Kano by carinmom(f): 9:51am On Mar 15, 2016
Akkord4gov:

The word "Almajiri" is being misuse. You yourself is Almajiri grin grin grin. What I learnt is that Almajiri means "student"

Back to the topic,this happens everywhere even in my own State too. The poverty is too much that everyone is finding any way for survival. God help us all
No, almajiri is a corrupt version of almuhajir or immigrant. Student is Dalibun in Arabic, and in Hausa dalibi.
Re: PHOTO: 10-year-old Boy Seen Hawking Dangerous Insecticide In Sabon Gari, Kano by boboLIL(m): 10:37am On Mar 15, 2016
Since you are worried,,, why not take him along and do the needful....? Mtcheeeww
Re: PHOTO: 10-year-old Boy Seen Hawking Dangerous Insecticide In Sabon Gari, Kano by nepapole(m): 11:11am On Mar 15, 2016
Where is ty bello
Re: PHOTO: 10-year-old Boy Seen Hawking Dangerous Insecticide In Sabon Gari, Kano by Akkord4gov: 11:38am On Mar 15, 2016
carinmom:

No, almajiri is a corrupt version of almuhajir or immigrant. Student is Dalibun in Arabic, and in Hausa dalibi.

Not an Hausa but that was what a Northerner friend told me while serving.

(1) (Reply)

Burn 20kg Of Weight Within 30 Days With The Foods You Eat, Is So Real!! / Which Cream Can I Use? / Manual Grinder+juicer. All In One. For Egusi, Ogbono, All Types Of Fruits Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.