Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,214 members, 7,836,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

W - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / W (455 Views)

Is It Possible For The Vagina Not To Have Any Odour? / Genotype: Is It Possible For Doctors To Make Mistakes? / Is It Possible To Be Depressed And Not Know It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

W by 6gozi(m): 10:58am On Mar 16, 2016
I
Re: W by Jckleiin(m): 12:51pm On Mar 16, 2016
6gozi:
I'm myopic, with lens power of -4.00(sphere) with no cyl value (for correction of astigmatism).
I know its common to have atleast, a mild degree of astigmatism accompanying myopia, But my prescription doesn't indicate that i have astigmatism. I'm worried cause I don't know if I should trust my optician (who suspect could be amateur) I don't have another budget for eye checkup.

So my question is, is it possible to have -4.00 sph without cyl value?

PS:Opticians in the house, I'd so value your input
It's Optometrist not optician and its not in all cases of myopia you find a "mild degree" of astigmatism. Lenses are prescribed based on your response during Visual acuity test. It is very possible to have a -4.00DS without a cylinder. if you have any doubt abt you prescription, try to "squeeze out" money and consult another optometrist
Re: W by 6gozi(m): 7:49pm On Mar 16, 2016
Yepee! There will be no need to queeze out money afterall -you cleared the doubts.
Perhaps I should proceed with the prescription and make glasses of it.
Thank you sir. I prize your response (and the lecture too. Ill call them that starting today -optometrist) ;-(

(1) (Reply)

Pain!!! / Self Improvement : 24 Steps To Fight Stress / Why Use Alkaline Filter Jugs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.