Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,445 members, 7,830,225 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

How Attacks On Trump Are Going To Get Him Elected.(AM Rant no 2) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / How Attacks On Trump Are Going To Get Him Elected.(AM Rant no 2) (966 Views)

Pat Robertson: "People Who Oppose Trump Are Revolting Against God" / Kate Brown, First Lesbian Governor (LGBT) Elected In The U.S.A / A Troll Army Pro-trump Are Taking Reddit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Attacks On Trump Are Going To Get Him Elected.(AM Rant no 2) by Nobody: 6:30am On Mar 17, 2016
Now, before i get into this rant....let me make myself clear.

I am not a Trump supporter, and I do not think that he should be US president.He lacks finesse, and is brash and obnoxious.

But, I am a bit dissapointed in the way and manner that people are attacking Trump. Instead of critiquing him on his polices, they are resorting to hyperbolic comments against him, to a point that it is getting ridiculous.

Recently, a Chinese newspaper likened Trump to Hitler and Mussolini. Their grouse? Trump made comments indicating that should he get elected, American companies who outsource their jobs to China and other countries would be forced to take them back to America.

Note...he did not call Chinese evil,he did not say that Chinese people would be deported, he just said that American companies should consider the US first in job creation.

Yet, such a comment gets Trump labelled a ''Fascist''. Some would call it looking out for America's interest which is ,you know,what an American President is supposed to do?

Trump also intends to deport illegal immigrants living in the US. Most of whom are Mexican (Full disclosure...I have friends and relatives who are in the US on legal immigrant visas,including one who recently got her green card). Note that the man wants to deport people who are in the country illegally. Which is what many countries around the world do....including the Mexico that is the ''target'' of the attacks.Yet, such is taken as evidence of Trump's ''racism''. The thing is...large numbers of unskilled illegal immigrants makes jobs difficult to come by for citizens and legal immigrants....it drives down salaries. (I recall during the anti-immigrant riots in South Africa last year...one South African when asked why he rioted said that ''Because an immigrant will do a job I want to do for 150 rand for 70 rand''.). In other words....by deporting illegal immigrants , Trump would be looking out for Americans. How racist is that.

(And keepin mind that illegal immigrants are not all Mexicans.Some are lilly white)

Finally, Trump called for the (temporary) ban on immigration from Muslim countries.While that does skirt close to being islamophobic, fact is that there are certain Muslims who hate America (not all of them)..and there is a group called ISIL that has threatened to send in assassins among any refugee seeking asylum in Western Countries.And the San Bernadino killings was the last straw.Trump is running for President of the US...and he has to look out for the US security.And if that means taking harsh decisions, so be it.

The point of my article is that by calling Trump names, and by attacking him, people, including we Nigerians are doing him a big favour. We don't get to vote in American elections.....Americans do.And by attacking the Donald....we make him look less like the harsh capitalist he really is, and more like someone who would put America's interest first....Because...let's be honest....the President of the US is not the President of the World. S/He is elected to look after the US and its people's interest.Just like...any world leader.

So,let us stop attacking Trump by violating Godwin's law. Trump is not Hitler nor is he Mussolini. Trump is an American. He also is not fit to be US president...but by attacking him with hyperbole and Hitlerian allusions.....he begins to look less ugly and more attractive.
Re: How Attacks On Trump Are Going To Get Him Elected.(AM Rant no 2) by Vado(m): 1:21pm On Mar 17, 2016
Preach bro. Many don't get it that they are actually doing him a huge favor & his popularity is soaring. #TeamTrump tho. grin

1 Like

Re: How Attacks On Trump Are Going To Get Him Elected.(AM Rant no 2) by holyfather(m): 2:37pm On Mar 31, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

I am not a Trump supporter, and I do not think that he should be US president.He lacks finesse, and is brash and obnoxious.

But, I am a bit dissapointed in the way and manner that people are attacking Trump. Instead of critiquing him on his polices, they are resorting to hyperbolic comments against him, to a point that it is getting ridiculous.

Recently, a Chinese newspaper likened Trump to Hitler and Mussolini. Their grouse? Trump made comments indicating that should he get elected, American companies who outsource their jobs to China and other countries would be forced to take them back to America.

Note...he did not call Chinese evil,he did not say that Chinese people would be deported, he just said that American companies should consider the US first in job creation.

Yet, such a comment gets Trump labelled a ''Fascist''. Some would call it looking out for America's interest which is ,you know,what an American President is supposed to do?

Trump also intends to deport illegal immigrants living in the US. Most of whom are Mexican (Full disclosure...I have friends and relatives who are in the US on legal immigrant visas,including one who recently got her green card). Note that the man wants to deport people who are in the country illegally. Which is what many countries around the world do....including the Mexico that is the ''target'' of the attacks.Yet, such is taken as evidence of Trump's ''racism''. The thing is...large numbers of unskilled illegal immigrants makes jobs difficult to come by for citizens and legal immigrants....it drives down salaries. (I recall during the anti-immigrant riots in South Africa last year...one South African when asked why he rioted said that ''Because an immigrant will do a job I want to do for 150 rand for 70 rand''.). In other words....by deporting illegal immigrants , Trump would be looking out for Americans. How racist is that.

(And keepin mind that illegal immigrants are not all Mexicans.Some are lilly white)

Finally, Trump called for the (temporary) ban on immigration from Muslim countries.While that does skirt close to being islamophobic, fact is that there are certain Muslims who hate America (not all of them)..and there is a group called ISIL that has threatened to send in assassins among any refugee seeking asylum in Western Countries.And the San Bernadino killings was the last straw.Trump is running for President of the US...and he has to look out for the US security.And if that means taking harsh decisions, so be it.

The point of my article is that by calling Trump names, and by attacking him, people, including we Nigerians are doing him a big favour. We don't get to vote in American elections.....Americans do.And by attacking the Donald....we make him look less like the harsh capitalist he really is, and more like someone who would put America's interest first....Because...let's be honest....the President of the US is not the President of the World. S/He is elected to look after the US and its people's interest.Just like...any world leader.

So,let us stop attacking Trump by violating Godwin's law. Trump is not Hitler nor is he Mussolini. Trump is an American. He also is not fit to be US president...but by attacking him with hyperbole and Hitlerian allusions.....he begins to look less ugly and more attractive.
So tell me what makes him unfit to be American President.
Re: How Attacks On Trump Are Going To Get Him Elected.(AM Rant no 2) by Nobody: 6:50pm On Mar 31, 2016
holyfather:

So tell me what makes him unfit to be American President.

I am not opposed to Trump being president....I favour Sanders myself....but the way and manner his opponents are going about their opposition makes me irritated.

If you want to critique a man....don't insult him....the way some of Trump's opponents are going about it.

1 Like

Re: How Attacks On Trump Are Going To Get Him Elected.(AM Rant no 2) by holyfather(m): 10:47pm On Mar 31, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

I am not opposed to Trump being president....I favour Sanders myself....but the way and manner his opponents are going about their opposition makes me irritated.

If you want to critique a man....don't insult him....the way some of Trump's opponents are going about it.

You are very sound, my friend. smiley
Re: How Attacks On Trump Are Going To Get Him Elected.(AM Rant no 2) by Missy89(f): 12:26am On Apr 01, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

Your rant makes absolute no sense.

If China is calling him mussoulni , How does that concern the American electorate? The idea that he will bring back jobs is just ridiculous anybody who believes that need to learn simple economics. Besides, Chinese media see him as a propaganda tool and paint him as what is wrong with democracy and why china is better off being communist has nothing to do with American companies in China

How can he "force" a company back to the US?

How does "unskilled" illegal immigrant drive down salaries? If they are unskilled, how would they get the skilled job in the first place? Most jobs that employ illegal immigrants are not what most skilled Americans do or are in the underground economy anyway ( cleaning, farms , meat packing, landscaping etc). The reason he wants them deported is because he thinks most of them are criminals and rapists not because of jobs.

All you need to do is check the statistics, Most Mexicans are returning home to work since many American companies are building factories on the Mexican border.

If his plan of banning a certain religion doesn't raise alarm, That will set a precedent and what make you think few years into his presidency, he wont have a policy that segregates or profile American Muslims? America is a liberal democracy get it?

4 Likes

Re: How Attacks On Trump Are Going To Get Him Elected.(AM Rant no 2) by ycat: 7:15am On Apr 01, 2016
It's very bad, front runner treatment taken too far. And Trump is not helping matter, he just can't keep answering questions without thinking them through. I get it, he's tired and all but, this is politics and he a not a typical politician, plus most Americans don't say it when they don't know something. This election is his to lose. He ought to set up advisers and be consulting with them. The foreign countries know it's game over for them, and the republican party can't stand him because they can't control him, their gravy train will be derailed and special interests wings clipped He's the most unscripted presidential candidate in modern politics, so democrats are scared to death cos they don't know how to get him, he has no playbook, neither have they seem anything like him before now.
Re: How Attacks On Trump Are Going To Get Him Elected.(AM Rant no 2) by Nobody: 7:19am On Apr 01, 2016
Missy89:

If China is calling him mussoulni , How does that concern the American electorate? The idea that he will bring back jobs is just ridiculous anybody who believes that need to learn simple economics. Besides, Chinese media see him as a propaganda tool and paint him as what is wrong with democracy and why china is better off being communist has nothing to do with American companies in China

How does "unskilled" illegal immigrant drive down salaries? If the are unskilled, how would they get the skilled job in the first place? Most jobs that employ illegal immigrants are not what most skilled Americans do or are in the underground economy anyway ( cleaning, farms , meat packing, landscaping etc). The reason he wants them deported is because he thinks most of them are criminals and rapists not because of jobs.

All you need to do is check the statistics, Most Mexicans are returning home to work since most American companies are building factories on the Mexican border.

If his plan of banning a certain religion doesn't raise alarm, That will set a precedent and what makes you think few years into his presidency, he wont have a policy that segregates or profile American Muslims? America is a liberal democracy get it?

As I said earlier...I am not for Trump....but his opponents overreaction to his campaign is making him look too attractive to more people.

If Trump must be beaten....it must be in the realm of facts...and not by Godwin's law.

1 Like

Re: How Attacks On Trump Are Going To Get Him Elected.(AM Rant no 2) by Missy89(f): 8:04am On Apr 01, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

As I said earlier...I am not for Trump....but his opponents overreaction to his campaign is making him look too attractive to more people.

If Trump must be beaten....it must be in the realm of facts...and not by Godwin's law.

There is no attack ad or speech about Donald Trump that is not based on FACTS. He is a simpleton. Simple!

He is in over his head

1 Like

Re: How Attacks On Trump Are Going To Get Him Elected.(AM Rant no 2) by ycat: 8:06am On Apr 01, 2016
China and others are being fed by the same #neverTrump, antiTrump in both parties.

What makes you think he can't bring jobs back? It's simple like he said. He will bring jobs back by increasing taxes on goods made overseas and give tax break to the ones in the country. It will then be up to the manufacturers to set up their businesses where they can make it. Remember, the China, India, Vietnam and the rest need American huge market.

Mexicans are not moving back home, they are still entering the US in droves, ask the state troopers, ICE and thousands of Americans along the border living in terror. It's only in the border towns that people don't lock their doors because it will be broken down by people crossing the border illegally. People come home from work to find Mexicans taking shower in their houses with backpacks full of drugs and guns in the living rooms.

He's not banning any religion, he's saying what political correctness won't allow Washington cowards to say. He's talking common sense, he's saying, it takes hate to want to blow people up, he said "let's stop giving some people visas, and borders thoroughly vetted and walled till we are able to figure out what is going on with the Islamic terrorists and individuals posing threat". When did it become a crime to protect your people? Chinese don't allow people in their country illegally, neither do Arabs, so why should Americans do it?

Missy89:

How does "unskilled" illegal immigrant drive down salaries? If the are unskilled, how would they get the skilled job in the first place? Most jobs that employ illegal immigrants are not what most skilled Americans do or are in the underground economy anyway ( cleaning, farms , meat packing, landscaping etc). The reason he wants them deported is because he thinks most of them are criminals and rapists not because of jobs.

All you need to do is check the statistics, Most Mexicans are returning home to work since most American companies are building factories on the Mexican border.

If his plan of banning a certain religion doesn't raise alarm, That will set a precedent and what makes you think few years into his presidency, he wont have a policy that segregates or profile American Muslims? America is a liberal democracy get it?

2 Likes

Re: How Attacks On Trump Are Going To Get Him Elected.(AM Rant no 2) by ycat: 8:24am On Apr 01, 2016
Where are the facts?

You can't place career politicians and 'facts' in the same sentence.
Missy89:

There is no attack ad or speech about Donald Trump that is not based on FACTS. He is a simpleton. Simple!

He is in over his head

2 Likes

Re: How Attacks On Trump Are Going To Get Him Elected.(AM Rant no 2) by Missy89(f): 8:29am On Apr 01, 2016
ycat:
China and others are being fed by the same #neverTrump, antiTrump in both parties.

What makes you think he can't bring jobs back? It's simple like he said. He will bring jobs back by increasing taxes on goods made overseas and give tax break to the ones in the country. It will then be up to the manufacturers to set up their businesses where they can make it. Remember, the China, India, Vietnam and the rest need American huge market.

Mexicans are not moving back home, they are still entering the US in droves, ask the state troopers, ICE and thousands of Americans along the border living in terror. It's only in the border towns that people don't lock their doors because it will be broken down by people cross the border illegally. People come home from work and find Mexicans taking shower in their houses with backpacks full of drugs and guns in the living rooms.

He's not banning any religion, he's saying what political correctness won't allow Washington cowards to say. He's talking common sense, he's saying, it takes hate to want to blow people up, he said "let's stop giving some people visas, and borders thoroughly vetted and walled till we are able to figure out what is going on with the Islamic terrorists and individuals posing threat". When did it become a crime to protect your people? Chinese don't allow people in their country illegally, neither do Arabs, so why should Americans do it?

Simple economics. If he increases taxes on goods manufactured abroad (The simpleton said he wont even do it and it is just a bluff). The manufacturer will increase the retail price. And the price will still be cheaper than American made ones because of the cost of manufacturing. Companies that moves back will not have any market share because of their price. Besides, He manufacture stuffs in China too

Most American companies are even leaving china and going to India and Vietnam. This is 2016, manufacturing jobs can only be profitable if you move it to a low income economy and advanced economy like the US are more competitive in the service/financial industry. Doesn't mean the economy is declining it is just evolving. Most of the mass produced goods in low wage economies still get their design, patent, R & D from the US anyway so it doesn't stop or reduce innovation

The problem is that there should be more funds made available for blue collar manufacturing workers and cities to develop there service industry. Politicians just dont like talking about it. American companies already get tax breaks. if you give them more, it means you have to borrow more to balance the budget.

Statistics show that you are wrong. Few Mexicans are coming to the US.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/02/11/mexico-and-immigration-to-us/

You seem to be confused about what you are saying here. He wants to ban someone from coming to the US because of their religion. Even autocratic countries that is very conservative do not have that position. China and the Arabs are not as open as the US yet they do not have politicians trying to ban someone mainly because of their religion. The last time i checked, the US is not issuing visas for terrorist to come in to the US. How do you "figure out what is going on with the Islamic terrorists and individuals posing threat" Sounds really idiotic
Re: How Attacks On Trump Are Going To Get Him Elected.(AM Rant no 2) by ycat: 9:55am On Apr 01, 2016
Greed made the manufacturers outsource their companies in the first place and they will have to come back especially when they are hardly breaking even under heavy tariffs slammed on them.

Your link isn't really backing your claims, it's convoluted and alleging that, other Hispanics are the people crossing the border and not Mexicans when it is well documented that these other Hispanics are jailed and deported as soon as they are found in Mexico, so how did they cross when they are not even allowed in Mexico? The left already lost this argument. Who is saying they are not Mexicans crossing when the border patrols know more than everybody? Mexico is trying to shift the blame to others again, when it has failed in the past.

You sound indoctrinated and can't separate issues from the blind position you are in. Again, he's not banning religion but terrorists, and he didn't call for Muslims practicing their religion in peace to be stopped from coming in.

The world/America today is different and our thought process must reflect that. Every country must put anything to prevent terrorists from entering their border. The terrorists have been going in and out of the US, sometimes to attend terrorists training camp and then come and be a next door neighbor. A bill is cooking I heard, to ban people like that from coming back and even have their citizenship revoked.

You are obviously troubled, but whatever it is, is yours alone to carry, cos normal human being would love to have anything in place to secure human lives and prevent terrorists killing innocent people.

Missy89:

Simple economics. If he increases taxes on goods manufactured abroad (The simpleton said he wont even do it and it is just a bluff). The manufacturer will increase the retail price. And the price will still be cheaper than American made ones because of the cost of manufacturing. Companies that moves back will not have any market share because of their price. Besides, He manufacture stuffs in China too

Most American companies are even leaving china and going to India and Vietnam. This is 2016, manufacturing jobs can only be profitable if you move it to a low income economy and advanced economy like the US are more competitive in the service/financial industry. Doesn't mean the economy is declining it is just evolving. Most of the mass produced goods in low wage economies still get their design, patent, R & D from the US anyway so it doesn't stop or reduce innovation

The problem is that there should be more funds made available for blue collar manufacturing workers and cities to develop there service industry. Politicians just dont like talking about it. American companies already get tax breaks. if you give them more, it means you have to borrow more to balance the budget.

Statistics show that you are wrong. Few Mexicans are coming to the US.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/02/11/mexico-and-immigration-to-us/

You seem to be confused about what you are saying here. He wants to ban someone from coming to the US because of their religion. Even autocratic countries that is very conservative do not have that position. China and the Arabs are not as open as the US yet they do not have politicians trying to ban someone mainly because of their religion. The last time i checked, the US is not issuing visas for terrorist to come in to the US. How do you "figure out what is going on with the Islamic terrorists and individuals posing threat" Sounds really idiotic
Re: How Attacks On Trump Are Going To Get Him Elected.(AM Rant no 2) by Missy89(f): 10:20am On Apr 01, 2016
ycat:
Greed made the manufacturers outsource their companies in the first place and they will have to come back especially when they are hardly breaking even under heavy tariffs slammed on them.

Your link isn't really backing your claims, it's convoluted and alleging that, other Hispanics are the people crossing the border and not Mexicans when it is well documented that these other Hispanics are jailed and deported as soon as they are found in Mexico, so how did they cross when they are not even allowed in Mexico? The left already lost this argument. Who is saying they are not Mexicans crossing when the border patrols know more than everybody? Mexico is trying to shift the blame to others again, when it has failed in the past.

You sound indoctrinated and can't separate issues from the blind position you are in. Again, he's not banning religion but terrorists, and he didn't call for Muslims practicing their religion in peace to be stopped from coming in.

The world/America today is different and our thought process must reflect that. Every country must put anything to prevent terrorists from entering their border. The terrorists have been going in and out of the US, sometimes to attend terrorists training camp and then come and be a next door neighbor. A bill is cooking I heard, to ban people like that from coming back and even have their citizenship revoked.

You are obviously troubled, but whatever it is, is yours alone to carry, cos normal human being would love to have anything in place to secure human lives and prevent terrorists killing innocent people.

when you dont have the facts, You resulted to cheap insults like a 5 year old. Learn simple economics before you talk about jobs and outsourcing please.

Show me where you got your Mexican statistics from.

"He is not banning religion but terrorists" You must be really dumbb just like Trump. Who is knowingly allowing terrorists into the US in the first place?
How would he differentiate who is a terrorist and who isnt from the thousands of Muslims coming to the US every year and what makes you think that there is no vetting in place from Muslims migrating now?

Besides, Donald trump wants a (Verbatim) “total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on.” All you have to do is check his website

Most of you Trumpites are as dumbb as your candidate but then again, His core supporters do not have a high school diploma.

Wont reply your quote again just so you know

Dont have time for simpletons

x

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Harriet Tubman, Will Be On New US $20 Bill - BBC / Donald's Trump's Rnc Acceptance Speech Last Night / Kabul Attack: Watch The Moments Taliban Carrying Out Deadly Attack (graphical)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.