Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,117 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

Bauchi Corps Member Organises Empowerment Seminar For Girls - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Bauchi Corps Member Organises Empowerment Seminar For Girls (1072 Views)

Yobe Corper Organises Spelling Bee Competition For Schools (Photos) / Corper Who Got A Gift From Govenor Abubakar In Bauchi During POP .PICS / Dilapidated Pictures Of NYSC Accommodation In Bauchi Camp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bauchi Corps Member Organises Empowerment Seminar For Girls by mortee: 10:02am On Mar 17, 2016
Today, March 17 2016, a corps member presently serving in Bauchi State will be hosting female students from selected schools in Bauchi to a programme she tagged "Educate, Empower and Enlighten the Girl-child". She has three female facilitators who will be speaking on this topic and sharing their experiences to encourage the young girls to aspire to be more in life.

According to the host of the event, Aanu Bankole, there was a great challenge in putting the programme together as majority of the people she approached for sponsorship gave one excuse or the other as to why they could not help while some didn't even bother to reply her several mails.

"The initial plan was even to do a personal community development project where books, soaps and sanitary towels will be given to senior secondary school students in Bauchi local government but the responses I got were not encouraging and I wanted to cancel the whole thing altogether. But my passion for the girl-child education and enlightenment pushed me to organise this seminar. I'm glad that in my own little way I can positively impact the girls' lives during my NYSC year in Bauchi."

Aanu Bankole is a graduate of Sociology from the University of Lagos and aside her passion for the girl-child empowerment, she has a flair for dressmaking too.

If you are in Bauchi, please support this young lady and attend the seminar at Bauchi State Library.

©krosdot Consult 2016

Re: Bauchi Corps Member Organises Empowerment Seminar For Girls by tsephanyah(f): 10:17am On Mar 17, 2016
Awesome

1 Like

Re: Bauchi Corps Member Organises Empowerment Seminar For Girls by missingrib(f): 10:20am On Mar 17, 2016
mortee:
Today, March 17 2016, a corps member presently serving in Bauchi State will be hosting female students from selected schools in Bauchi to a programme she tagged "Educate, Empower and Enlighten the Girl-child". She has three female facilitators who will be speaking on this topic and sharing their experiences to encourage the young girls to aspire to be more in life.

According to the host of the event, Aanu Bankole, there was a great challenge in putting the programme together as majority of the people she approached for sponsorship gave one excuse or the other as to why they could not help while some didn't even bother to reply her several mails.

"The initial plan was even to do a personal community development project where books, soaps and sanitary towels will be given to senior secondary school students in Bauchi local government but the responses I got were not encouraging and I wanted to cancel the whole thing altogether. But my passion for the girl-child education and enlightenment pushed me to organise this seminar. I'm glad that in my own little way I can positively impact the girls' lives during my NYSC year in Bauchi."

Aanu Bankole is a graduate of Sociology from the University of Lagos and aside her passion for the girl-child empowerment, she has a flair for dressmaking too.

If you are in Bauchi, please support this young lady and attend the seminar at Bauchi State Library.

©krosdot Consult 2016
keep on the good works... u rock!!!

1 Like

Re: Bauchi Corps Member Organises Empowerment Seminar For Girls by mortee: 12:41pm On Mar 17, 2016
The ongoing seminar

Re: Bauchi Corps Member Organises Empowerment Seminar For Girls by mortee: 3:06pm On Mar 17, 2016
More photos

(1) (Reply)

Youth Service In Awka, Anambra. / NYSC 2017 Batch A Stream 2 Pcm's Posted To Jigawa State. Let's Meet Here / NYSC To Place Corps Members On National Public Salary Scale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.