Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

why are house owners so mean? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / why are house owners so mean? (534 Views)

Any Information on Livelihood Homes Properties (Owners of Blue Sea Estate) / Invest In Pertinence Limited Owners Of Abc/vip Gardens / See How Lekki Estate Home Owners Are Treated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

why are house owners so mean? by ubiR(f): 3:57pm On Mar 17, 2016
Pls nairalanders, I need genuine and sincere solution. My hubby and I moved into a new apartment last year September. The place was under going reconstruction when we paid and the agent told us within three weeks it will be completed. NB: we searched for a place for months before we found this one and due to we didn't want to renew our rent in the old place, we had to move out. After 3weeks the place had not been finished and the agent started telling us stories even the flat had outstanding bill of which he told us he was on his way to pay. (Our fault was that we believed him as a very close friend of ours directed us to the place) we forceful moved into the place to avoid stories that touches the heart although by then we had started requesting they gave us back our money, of which was futile.
Up until now, this people haven't paid the outstanding bill of 261k. Prepaid meter has been brought to us and immediately the unit given finishes we are in darkness. Am due to deliver soon and I need the light seriously. We are hearing that the landlady abandoned the building and so tenants don't pay rent and she will ask them to leave without paying up, although before we moved in we asked around and they said the lady doesn't have any problem but now we hear stories about her. The light issue isn't peculiar to us alone, as two more people have paid but one hasn't moved in since Nov cos of the light issue and they don't want to pay them back their money. Pls what do experts here advice we do? tnks
Re: why are house owners so mean? by rydeorsail(m): 5:32am On Mar 18, 2016
Am sure they play on your desperation...The house rent you pay was definitely not enough to finish the house. Agents give landlord such advice just because of there our commission.
Am saying this because I presently have a building under construction, Just remains tiles and fittings, and prospective tenants have been disturbing me for them to do pay, even after telling them that the house rents they will pay is not enough to finish the house
On light...Your NOW HAVE A PREPAID just go and recharge

Am really sorry about your situation, I Guess you Just have to pray that your landlord finishes the house soonest
Re: why are house owners so mean? by whirlwind7(m): 5:48am On Mar 18, 2016
What house owner is mean in this instance?

That you had dealings with an agent who wasn't forthcoming is not enough to make a general comment about house owners. Moreover, you have not even met with the landlord. You should know that many agents take certain decisions without consulting the landlord. All the info you've made available so far shows that even the landlord may not be in the know about the situation.

Have you got a receipt for the transaction?
Do you have a signed tenancy agreement detailing your status?

Let's begin from somewhere. At least you need some evidence if you are to embark on a civil/legal resolution. You may be far from getting a reprieve if you are yet to have a meeting with the landlord (or his legal representative) and agent at same moment.
Re: why are house owners so mean? by ubiR(f): 8:32pm On Mar 25, 2016
whirlwind7:
What house owner is mean in this instance?

That you had dealings with an agent who wasn't forthcoming is not enough to make a general comment about house owners. Moreover, you have not even met with the landlord. You should know that many agents take certain decisions without consulting the landlord. All the info you've made available so far shows that even the landlord may not be in the know about the situation.

Have you got a receipt for the transaction?
Do you have a signed tenancy agreement detailing your status?

Let's begin from somewhere. At least you need some evidence if you are to embark on a civil/legal resolution. You may be far from getting a reprieve if you are yet to have a meeting with the landlord (or his legal representative) and agent at same moment.
We only have the house rent receipt and the agent have been turning us up and down in getting the tenancy agreement

(1) (Reply)

Plenty Plenty Easter Awuf / Executive 2bedroom Flat + BQ To Let Or For Sale @ Lekki Phase 1 / ;//

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.