Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,315 members, 7,811,937 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:08 AM

7 Reasons Why Nigerians Are Happy People - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 7 Reasons Why Nigerians Are Happy People (23252 Views)

5 Reasons Why Nigerians Get Excited About Fridays / 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes / 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Reasons Why Nigerians Are Happy People by sugarboii(m): 7:50pm On Mar 17, 2016

The United Nations has released its 2016 ranking of happiest nations and Denmark is on top of the list while Burundi is the least happy nation.

Our dearly beloved Nigeria is placed 103rd country making it the happiest country in West Africa. Of course, we know it’s not as high as Algeria which is on the 38th rank or Mauritius or Libya on 66th and 67th respectively, but we try to be happy, really. And we’ll be highlighting some of the reasons why Nigerians are happy people.

1. Football
Football is one reason Nigerians are happy. All over the country, there are groups of people – old and young alike who take football as a way of life. There are even social tournaments now such as the Socialiga and the TPL

2. Food
Food makes us so happy – so happy that we could forget our sorrows whenever we eat. From the woman who screams okpa di oku in Enugu, to the people at White House and their bomb ass rice and stew, to the Hausa mishai who’s making noodles in Lagos. Not to forget the dope ass party jollof rice.

3. Music
Don’t mess with Nigerians. Whether we hear “It’s Young John the Wicked Producer” or “Legendury Beatz” or some old Nigerian musician from way back, we love music and we enjoy listening all the time. It may be on our headset or in the barbing salon when you’re cutting your hair, you feel slightly better with the right music.

4. Party
Nigerians love to party. We love to wear our favorite clothes and expensive jewelry and come out and dance. We love the thrill that comes with parties – be it weddings, birthdays and even nightlife. You know we throw the best parties and sometimes for the flimsiest of excuses

5. The Hustle
It may come off as tiring but the hustle for the good life keeps us happy. Better put, the quest for the good good life makes us grind so hard we don’t feel it. That is the spirit of the average Nigerian.

6. Dance
From Shakitibobo to Yahoozee and back to Shoki, we love to wiggle and go down low and just shake body! In the line of a P-Square song “Even if you get money, dey jolly dey shake body.”

7. Social Media
Like it or hate it, social media keeps a lot of Nigerians happy. In a city where ther are people who have no off hours except on the weekend, social media is their one tool to meet new people and build new relationships and we cherish it a lot. From Facebook updates to tweets and subliminal messages and Instagram, or Snapchat videos, we love them all.

http://omgvoice.com/lifestyle/nigerians-happy-united-nations/?geoip&country=NG

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerians Are Happy People by Nobody: 7:55pm On Mar 17, 2016
kiss
The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
Op, ur head dey dir.
Especially musics and social media.

Those peeps below me thou undecided undecided

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerians Are Happy People by datola: 8:15pm On Mar 17, 2016
Party

Football

Music

Dance

Hustle

Social Media

Food

4 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerians Are Happy People by IndianBwoy(m): 9:58pm On Mar 17, 2016
What about traditional dances and masquerades

What about Burkutu?

I believe this post doesnt reflect the happiness of the majority of Nigerians residing in the villages.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerians Are Happy People by html14java(f): 9:59pm On Mar 17, 2016
Not for me o. Am not happy

11 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerians Are Happy People by twaintoy(f): 9:59pm On Mar 17, 2016
Add sex join. I no talk am oo.

5 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerians Are Happy People by eleojo23: 9:59pm On Mar 17, 2016
We have good sense of humor too.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerians Are Happy People by lielbree: 10:00pm On Mar 17, 2016
How can we be happy when pure water is now 20naira angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerians Are Happy People by Bitterleafsoup: 10:00pm On Mar 17, 2016
Nothing about the upliftment of community.
Love of family and humanity.
Just superficial rubbish..
Except the food part tongue

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerians Are Happy People by Sunnycliff(m): 10:01pm On Mar 17, 2016
We just choose to be happy because the government has not given us a reason to be happy!

5 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerians Are Happy People by XaintJoel20: 10:01pm On Mar 17, 2016
Gibberish...
Of all the above listed items, tell me the one you have performed better than South Africa, US, UK, Algeria, Egypt...
You talked about food when Nigeria is no way near self-Sufficiency in agriculture and millions of Nigeria go to bed on empty stomach while million others are malnourished. You are talking of "social media" when telecom service providers are dishing out epileptic services. What do you mean by hustle? When a university graduate is hawking bottle water in traffic and those who are "happy" to be employed are earning pittance.
OP, point of correction, Ghana is ahead of Nigeria in the ranking, and that makes Nigeria not to be number one in West Africa...

36 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerians Are Happy People by leo2flames(m): 10:01pm On Mar 17, 2016
True talk........... Proud to be a Nigerian and God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerians Are Happy People by hollistarMOB(m): 10:02pm On Mar 17, 2016
Bar man,1 bottle of Chapman 4 this cool headed op
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerians Are Happy People by yakflowz(m): 10:03pm On Mar 17, 2016
What about "Nigerian punany the tightest" No be me talk am oo
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerians Are Happy People by lonelydora: 10:03pm On Mar 17, 2016
We are indeed happy people. Turning serious matters into joke.

Imagine this picture I saw on Facebook.

10 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerians Are Happy People by orijintv(m): 10:03pm On Mar 17, 2016
Oga Ade . . The Days Of We Nigerians Being Called Appi People Is Far Gone . . The Points Yu Mentioned Up Dia Onlo Makes Us Appo For A While . .

Now Tell Me Whos Gonn Be Appi Wen Ordinary Pure Water Don Turn 200naira Per Bag , Oyibo People Kips Enslavin We Nigerians On Our Soil Oo Just Cos Dey Re Our Employees , No Power Supply . . If Nepa Do Mistake Bring Light E Go Be Low Current . . Bro If I Say Mke I Continue , I Fit Cry Ontop Mai Fone . .

#NigeriaIsFuckedUp. . Onli The Rich Ones Smile On A Daily Broo . . May God Bless Our Hussle Sha. #AMIN

3 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerians Are Happy People by aremed(m): 10:04pm On Mar 17, 2016
confirmento... :Pconfirmento...
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerians Are Happy People by fbtowner(m): 10:05pm On Mar 17, 2016
we are happy because. when a situation exceeds crying or being sad. one just have to be happy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerians Are Happy People by DifferentBoy1(m): 10:05pm On Mar 17, 2016
Happy for where
You no hear say world rankings say we no be happy people again

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerians Are Happy People by Adeniyimi: 10:05pm On Mar 17, 2016
HateU2:
kiss
The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
Op, ur head dey dir.
Especially musics and social media.

Those peeps below me thou undecided undecided

Yes you are right..... Interms of music and social media USA and Nigeria na number one
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerians Are Happy People by drakespearz(m): 10:06pm On Mar 17, 2016
True Talk
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerians Are Happy People by DifferentBoy1(m): 10:06pm On Mar 17, 2016
Happy for where
You no hear say world rankings say we no be happy people again

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerians Are Happy People by fart: 10:07pm On Mar 17, 2016
OP you are full of sh.it and lies. I am not happy. Idiot angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerians Are Happy People by naturae: 10:08pm On Mar 17, 2016
TRUE.... It's sad the world has really change, Before social media and technologies, Humans were far happier than today, I still believe we humans actually created most of the sadness and difficulties we are facing today, It doesn't take a lot to make one happy. Believe it or not, The poor still remains the happiest people on earth! my opinion.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerians Are Happy People by Bawsse(m): 10:08pm On Mar 17, 2016
Nw wey we de suffer, we de happy...

If tins com better which 1 we go de na

Dt 1 na death by euphoria b dt o grin
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerians Are Happy People by faray: 10:09pm On Mar 17, 2016
8. Lai Mohammed
9. Buhari
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerians Are Happy People by yinkslinks(m): 10:09pm On Mar 17, 2016
Sex is sweet and happy
twaintoy:
Add sex join. I no talk am oo.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerians Are Happy People by 0nyegame(m): 10:10pm On Mar 17, 2016
Who is talking about happiness in this dead country
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerians Are Happy People by Onila2: 10:11pm On Mar 17, 2016
cheesy Fela don talk am,suffering and smiling.

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerians Are Happy People by sunkieisland(m): 10:13pm On Mar 17, 2016
IndianBwoy:
What about traditional dances and masquerades

What about Burkutu?

I believe this post doesnt reflect the happiness of the majority of Nigerians residing in the villages.

you're not incorrect. I met a man recently shirking on beer and local gin, 2 days after losing his son.

Burukutu do make some Nigerians happy

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerians Are Happy People by Rapidx: 10:20pm On Mar 17, 2016
Really?

Apart from no.5, if the other ones listed were what it took Nigerians to become happy, then they're actually the iddiots Pat Utomi once reasoned.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerians Are Happy People by greatiyk4u(m): 10:22pm On Mar 17, 2016
U forgot ALCOHOL

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Happy New Month Of August! Drop Your Wishes Here / Top 10 Rivalries On Nairaland 2005-2012 / Two Things You Can Never Engage In?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.