Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,630 members, 7,958,883 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 06:31 AM

How To Point My Sub-domain To Another Server(aws) - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How To Point My Sub-domain To Another Server(aws) (1676 Views)

AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate / Why AWS Serves As The Best Choice For Magento Cloud Hosting / I Buy AMAZON AWS Accounts. You Can Create And Sell To Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Point My Sub-domain To Another Server(aws) by imohchard(m): 12:35am On Mar 18, 2016
I have a website "example.com" hosted on qservers.
I have app on AWS
I want to run the app on the sub-domain "app.example.com", while it is still hosted on AWS
How do i do these please guys?
Re: How To Point My Sub-domain To Another Server(aws) by jonnyboy4u: 7:37am On Mar 18, 2016
I believe you should contact their support for assistance on this. But off head this is as simple as changing your subdomain dns www record to the IP of the server or you can do a simple redirection.
Re: How To Point My Sub-domain To Another Server(aws) by jidez007: 8:45am On Mar 18, 2016
imohchard is it on an ec2 instance?
Re: How To Point My Sub-domain To Another Server(aws) by imohchard(m): 9:14am On Mar 18, 2016
jidez007:
imohchard is it on an ec2 instance?
yes.. Have you worked with aws before?
Re: How To Point My Sub-domain To Another Server(aws) by imohchard(m): 9:23am On Mar 18, 2016
jonnyboy4u:
I believe you should contact their support for assistance on this. But off head this is as simple as changing your subdomain dns www record to the IP of the server or you can do a simple redirection.

I want to change the name of the day on aws to the subdomain
Re: How To Point My Sub-domain To Another Server(aws) by jidez007: 10:27am On Mar 18, 2016
imohchard:
yes.. Have you worked with aws before?

Yh. Create a cname from your domain dns settings and point it to the public ip address of your ec2 instance.

Then the way you map the domain to your app's folder is the way you would on any vps.

Edit /etc/hosts and add this line
127.0.1.1 subdomain.example.com

And setup your apache or nginx server.

If you are not familiar with any of the above steps, you can do a Google search or let me know.
Re: How To Point My Sub-domain To Another Server(aws) by imohchard(m): 1:07pm On Mar 18, 2016
jidez007:

Yh. Create a cname from your domain dns settings and point it to the public ip address of your ec2 instance.

Then the way you map the domain to your app's folder is the way you would on any vps.

Edit /etc/hosts and add this line
127.0.1.1 subdomain.example.com

And setup your apache or nginx server.

If you are not familiar with any of the above steps, you can do a Google search or let me know.

thanks bro, will let you know if i have any dificulty

(1) (Reply)

Where To Learn Software Development And Engineering In Abuja On Part Time / NL API ? / Php

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.