Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,664 members, 7,813,228 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:00 AM

Shocking! Efcc Has No Tracking Device - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Shocking! Efcc Has No Tracking Device (1407 Views)

Funmilade Adeyemi Declared Wanted By EFCC Has Been Arrested / Lady Celebrates After Tracking Down Man Who Scammed Her Friend. Photo / Two Poachers Caught While Tracking A Hyena To Their Den In Bauchi State. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Shocking! Efcc Has No Tracking Device by prixm: 9:37am On Mar 18, 2016
I was at the EFCC office yesterday to follow up a fraud case. For more than 6 months now we have been trying to arrest the suspect who has vacated his residence as at the time he committed the crime for another house in Lagos which we do not know. Yesterday again they told me the story they have been telling me for months, if I can give them information about where he is, they would immediately follow me to effect his arrest. I complained bitterly about passing their responsibility as investigators to me, a simple civilian, who was just unfortunate enough to allow himself to be defrauded. They apologised that while they sympathise with me, they simply do not have the personnel to be able to go after every suspect as I expected. When I suggested using tracking device to track his phone or car, to my uttermost shock, EFCC, the major anti-fraud agency in Nigeria, doing cases that sometimes runs into billions of Naira, DO NOT HAVE TRACKING DEVICE. What exactly is wrong with us. Are we so poor that a Federal institution like EFCC will lack the right tools to work. How can you do manually what the whole world is using technology to drive and you will hope to be effective. Even if we don't have money, can't we use a percentage of the money recovered by the same organization to fund it. A butcher cannot be effective using blunt knives. If we cannot track a suspect who is living in Lagos down in 6 months, it must be pretty safe to be a duper in Nigeria than in countries where law enforcement agents can track you in 24 hours. If this government will not fund the agency that is the arrowhead of its anti-corruption campaign, it should give everyone serious concern. I think well to do Nigerians who would want to discourage fraud should come to the aid of EFCC. Lagos State government can also use part of the security fund to support EFCC in acquiring required equipment to also reduce fraud in Lagos in addition to armed robbery or give EFCC free access to the tracking device used by police in Lagos State.

(1) (Reply)

Cultists Hack 11 To Death To Mark Anniversary In Ogun / Delta State Cult Boys Caught With Female Things For Ritual / Man Gets 5 Strokes Of Cane For Stealing 6 Pieces Of Fish

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.