Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,698 members, 7,816,855 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

Trinity 101: Hundreds Bible Verses That Proves Trinity As A Dogma It Is. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Trinity 101: Hundreds Bible Verses That Proves Trinity As A Dogma It Is. (2525 Views)

5 Bible Verses That Will Teach You To Love Your Enemies In Spite Of Everything / 5 Bible Verses That Prove That God Hears Our Prayers / Are You Married Or Preparing To? Biblical Verses That Will Strengthen You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trinity 101: Hundreds Bible Verses That Proves Trinity As A Dogma It Is. by HIbreed(m): 12:20pm On Mar 18, 2016
[size=30pt]F[/size][size=15pt]irst things first, Trinity was not mentioned in the bible, a check of any concordance will prove this fact. Not only is it not mentioned, but the doctrine is neither found in the New Testament, nor the Old Testament.But Most Christians in the world today believe in the Trinity which is the union of the three divine persons -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit -- into one Godhead Sincere Christians, however, are more interested in obtaining accurate knowledge from Biblical research than in twisting and manipulating the scriptures to fit some preconceived man-made doctrine or dogma. To these people, truth is more important than tradition.
Is the dogma of the Trinity fact or not? Let us examine the evidence.[/size]

[size=15pt]"...for they received the word with all eagerness, examining the scriptures daily to see if these things were so." (Acts 17:11)
"...test everything; hold fast what is good, abstain from every form of evil." (1 Thessalonians 5:21-22)
[/size]

[size=15pt]However,some thought provoking questions went thus:
*Where is the Trinity mentioned in the Bible?
*How can three persons of the Trinity be one at the same time?
*Who or what is the Holy Spirit and what is it for?
*Is the Holy Ghost the same as the Holy Spirit?
*Is Jesus God?
*Was Jesus human?
*If Jesus is God, why did He pray to God?
*If Jesus is God, why did He call God His Father?
*How can Jesus be God and also be God's Son?
*Do Jesus share equal rights and sovereignty with God?
*If truely Jesus is God why did he said that only God knows the end of the world[/size]

[size=15]Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord' (Deut. 6:4)pt][/size]

cry [size=20pt]Three different God?[/size]
[size=15pt]Some people think Christians worship three different gods, but that is a misinterpretation of the Trinity. Christians worship the same one true God who revealed Himself to Abraham (Genesis 17:1-cool - the same God worshiped by Jews and Muslims.Most Christian denominations accept the doctrine of the Trinity, but not Christian Scientists, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormons), Jehovah's Witnesses, and some other denominations. Jews and Muslims also reject the doctrine of the Trinity. However, Jesus taught that God reveals Himself to us in three ways (John 14:6-10, 14:25-26):[/size]
[size=15pt]And Jesus came and said to them, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything that I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age." (Matthew 28:18-20, NRSV)[/size]

1 Like

Re: Trinity 101: Hundreds Bible Verses That Proves Trinity As A Dogma It Is. by HIbreed(m): 12:21pm On Mar 18, 2016
[size=20pt]God The Father[/size]

Psalms 83:18 That they may know that thou alone, whose name is Jehovah, Art the Most High over all the earth.

[size=15pt]God the Father is the creator and sustainer of the universe. As mere humans, we cannot see or touch God and we cannot fully understand how or why He came into being and created the universe:
For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
nor are your ways my ways, says the Lord.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.
(Isaiah 55:8-9, NRSV)

However, the Bible reveals some of God's characteristics in ways that we can understand:
*God is the creator of everything (Genesis 1:1, Acts 17:24-25, Revelation 4:11).
*God is our Father and we are His children (Deuteronomy 14:1, Isaiah 63:16, Matthew 5:43-45, 6:7-9, Mark 11:25).
*God is purely spiritual and invisible to us (John 4:24, 1 John 4:12, 1 Timothy 1:17).
*God is incomprehensible to us (Job 11:7-9, Psalms 18:11, Isaiah 55:8-9, Matthew 11:27, 1 Corinthians 2:16).
*God is all-powerful (Genesis 18:13-14, Job 42:1-2, Matthew 19:26).
*God is loving (Deuteronomy 4:37, Psalms 146:8, John 3:16, Romans 5:8, 1 John 4:8-16).
*God is eternal (Genesis 21:33, Psalms 90:2, Revelation 4:8-10).
*God is perfect (Matthew 5:48).
*God is faithful and keeps His promises (Numbers 23:19, John 8:26, 1 Corinthians 10:13, Titus 1:1-3, 1 Peter 4:19).
*God is merciful (Psalms 86:5, Matthew 18:11-14, Ephesians 2:4-7, 1 Peter 1:3).[/size]

1 Like

Re: Trinity 101: Hundreds Bible Verses That Proves Trinity As A Dogma It Is. by HIbreed(m): 12:21pm On Mar 18, 2016
[size=25pt]Jesus the Son[/size]

Then I was by him, as a master workman; And I was daily his delight, Rejoicing always before him,
Rejoicing in his habitable earth; And my delight was with the sons of men.
Now therefore, my sons, hearken unto me; For blessed are they that keep my ways.
Hear instruction, and be wise, And refuse it not.
Blessed is the man that heareth me, Watching daily at my gates, Waiting at the posts of my doors.
For whoso findeth me findeth life, And shall obtain favor of Jehovah.
But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: All they that hate me love death. - Proverbs 8:30-36 .

[size=22pt]Here are 60 Bible texts which prove conclusively that Jesus was NOT GOD, but RATHER the SON of God. [If in fact He WAS God, (as trinitarians would want us to believe), He could not have really died; and the act of paying the Ransom would merely have been a hoax!]
Matthew 3:16-17; 8:29; 11:27; 12:18; 14:33; 16:16; 17:5; 27:54
Mark 5:7; 15:39
Luke 1:32; 8:28; 9:35; 10:22
John 1:18; 1:34; 1:49; 3:16; 5:19-23; 6:40; 6:69; 8:42; 10:15; 11:4; 12:49-50; 14:13; 14:23; 14:28; 16:17; 17:1-26
Acts 2:22-24; 3:13; 3:26; 9:20
Romans 1:4; 5:10; 8:13; 8:29-32
1 Corinthians 11:3; 15:28
2 Corinthians 1:19
Galatians 4:4
Colossians 1:13
1 Thessalonians 1:10
Hebrews 1:2; 4:14; 5:8; 7:3; 11:17
2 Peter 1:17
1 John 1:3; 1:22; 3:23; 4:10; 4:14-15; 5:6; 5:11-12
2 John 1:9
Revelation 2:8
Since these texts exist in God's Word, the Gospel story has been told over and over again. However, it could NOT be told if Jesus had really been God and the ransom had not actually been paid![/size]

1 Like

Re: Trinity 101: Hundreds Bible Verses That Proves Trinity As A Dogma It Is. by HIbreed(m): 12:22pm On Mar 18, 2016
[size=25pt]***** Conclusion:[/size] [size=15pt] Its not a case of what the religious leaders instilled in your hearts,Biblical research, therefore, proves that even the concept of the Trinity, as taught by Christian religions, did not exist, and could not have existed, during all of Biblical history.
The deduction, by factual research and logical reasoning, is that there is absolutely no evidence or proof that there is a Trinity. The evidence, in fact, proves the opposite -- there is definitely not a Trinity.
The Father is Jehovah, the Creator of the Universe. The Son is Jesus Christ, begotten by the Father. And the Holy Spirit is God's power -his active force -not a person or being.
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Trinity 101: Hundreds Bible Verses That Proves Trinity As A Dogma It Is. by boluwatiwant(m): 12:27pm On Mar 18, 2016
yea.
Re: Trinity 101: Hundreds Bible Verses That Proves Trinity As A Dogma It Is. by cckris: 12:36pm On Mar 18, 2016
Genesis 1:1-3
1. God
2. Spirit
3. Word

Matthew 28:19
1. Father
2. Son
3. Holy Spirit

Your HATRED against Jesus can't change anything.

1 Like

Re: Trinity 101: Hundreds Bible Verses That Proves Trinity As A Dogma It Is. by HIbreed(m): 12:46pm On Mar 18, 2016
cckris:
Genesis 1:1-3
1. God
2. Spirit
3. Word

Matthew 28:19
1. Father
2. Son
3. Holy Spirit

Your HATRED against Jesus can't change anything.
i believe in Jesus,the only begotten son of the true God,who died so that we shall be saved. He is not God,stop twisting the glaring bible truth.
Proclaimers of the Trinity theory use John 1:1 as their strongest proof that Jehovah and Jesus are one and the same: "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."
And, on the surface, this statement seems to be a rather straight forward explanation of the relationship of God and Jesus. However, truth does not arise from single Bible verses taken out of context or blindly accepted without research and study.However,there are hundreds of bible verse that shed light on Jesus rightful place among The heavenly realm and men.

1 Like

Re: Trinity 101: Hundreds Bible Verses That Proves Trinity As A Dogma It Is. by HIbreed(m): 1:22pm On Mar 18, 2016
If Jesus is God why did he prayed to God and why did God rejected his wish for the cup to be removed from him?
Lets discuss trinity.Lets not dwell on the unbiblical dogma instilled to us by our religious leader.

1 Like

Re: Trinity 101: Hundreds Bible Verses That Proves Trinity As A Dogma It Is. by BlackHummer(m): 2:42pm On Mar 18, 2016
HIbreed:
[size=25pt]Jesus the Son[/size]

[i][b][color=#550000]
Since these texts exist in God's Word, the Gospel story has been told over and over again. However, it could NOT be told if Jesus had really been God and the ransom had not actually been paid!

You are absolutely correct. It takes great courage to break out of wrong doctrines that were fundamental in our orthodox up bringing. Infact, people shy away from iconoclastic truths for fear of being termed false prophets or apostates. Scripture is too palpable to mislead any educated Christian as regards the person of Jesus Christ. Jesus is the Son of God, the apostles called him the 'servant of God.' This neither means Jesus did not have the nature of God (Phil 2:6) nor reduce the efficacy of His name. He is the express image of God as evident in the scriptural references you provided. In those days, we used to shade out the image of a coin on a sheet of paper. That image is the reflection of the real coin. Jesus is the reflection of God and scripture supports this. "I only do what I see my father do". Jesus is the projection of God the Father on the plane of humanity and that is why Jesus told Philip that if he had seen him, he had seen the Father (John 14:9). I have not found a christian that has properly explained the taught doctrine of Trinity and the simple reason is because it is wrong.

By the way, here's my 2 cents to further buttress that Jesus is the Son of God, not necessarily the same (singular) being as God.
1 Cor 15:23-24 (Jesus will hand over the kingdom entrusted to him to the Father after perfecting the work of redemption)
Re: Trinity 101: Hundreds Bible Verses That Proves Trinity As A Dogma It Is. by Nobody: 2:44pm On Mar 18, 2016
Genesis chapter 1
in the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
now the earth was formless and empty,darkness was over the surface of the deep,and the spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

emphasis on "the spirit of God"
Re: Trinity 101: Hundreds Bible Verses That Proves Trinity As A Dogma It Is. by HIbreed(m): 2:55pm On Mar 18, 2016
BlackHummer:

You are absolutely correct. It takes great courage to break out of wrong doctrines that were fundamental in our orthodox up bringing. Infact, people shy away from iconoclastic truths for fear of being termed false prophets or apostates. Scripture is too palpable to mislead any educated Christian as regards the person of Jesus Christ. Jesus is the Son of God, the apostles called him the 'servant of God.' This neither means Jesus did not have the nature of God (Phil 2:6) nor reduce the efficacy of His name. He is the express image of God as evident in the scriptural references you provided. In those days, we used to shade out the image of a coin on a sheet of paper. That image is the reflection of the real coin. Jesus is the reflection of God and scripture supports this. "I only do what I see my father do". Jesus is the projection of God the Father on the plane of humanity and that is why Jesus told Philip that if he had seen him, he had seen the Father (John 14:9). I have not found a christian that has properly explained the taught doctrine of Trinity and the simple reason is because it is wrong.

By the way, here's my 2 cents to further buttress that Jesus is the Son of God, not necessarily the same (singular) being as God.
1 Cor 15:23-24 (Jesus will hand over the kingdom entrusted to him to the Father after perfecting the work of redemption)
thank you for your qualitative insight,your scriptural awareness is precise. Everything you said about Jesus' position is true, Jesus is in us,he bought us with a very big price,thats why demons and soldiers of darkness flee at the mention of that name.
Re: Trinity 101: Hundreds Bible Verses That Proves Trinity As A Dogma It Is. by Nobody: 2:57pm On Mar 18, 2016
though a Catholic I doubted the Trinity dogma until I read the gospel of John. pls op explain the first chapter of John because to me, it's proof of the Trinity.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
He was with God in the beginning.
Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.
There was a man sent from God whose name was John. He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all might believe. He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light.
The true light that gives light to everyone was coming into the world. He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.
The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
(John testified concerning him. He cried out, saying, “This is the one I spoke about when I said, ‘He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’”)
Out of his fullness we have all received grace in place of grace already given. For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.
Re: Trinity 101: Hundreds Bible Verses That Proves Trinity As A Dogma It Is. by HIbreed(m): 2:58pm On Mar 18, 2016
eduj:
Genesis chapter 1
now the earth was formless and empty,darkness was over the surface of the deep,and the spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

Holy Spirit is God's active force,or work force.It our cherished gift from God.
Re: Trinity 101: Hundreds Bible Verses That Proves Trinity As A Dogma It Is. by cckris: 3:08pm On Mar 18, 2016
eduj:
Genesis chapter 1

Spirit, of God.
Re: Trinity 101: Hundreds Bible Verses That Proves Trinity As A Dogma It Is. by Nobody: 3:09pm On Mar 18, 2016
Hebrews chapter 1vs 8
but about the son he says"your throne oh God would last forever and ever,and righteousness would be the scepter of your kingdom"

note it's God the father speaking

1 Like

Re: Trinity 101: Hundreds Bible Verses That Proves Trinity As A Dogma It Is. by Nobody: 3:11pm On Mar 18, 2016
am trying to proof that Jesus is one with God. am open to change if you can prove me wrong. but till then explain this

The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son
Re: Trinity 101: Hundreds Bible Verses That Proves Trinity As A Dogma It Is. by cckris: 3:13pm On Mar 18, 2016
HIbreed:
Is the Spirit OF God, outside of God, & different from God?
Re: Trinity 101: Hundreds Bible Verses That Proves Trinity As A Dogma It Is. by cowgirl9090: 3:17pm On Mar 18, 2016
The Bible is contradicting, you can go on and bring a 100 verses from the Bible proving that trinity doesn't exist, another person will also bring 100 verses to prove to you that trinity exist.

I don't know why people want to kill them self because of this trinity.

only if people can learn to live up to this simple basic of life ; LIVE AND LET'S LIVE, the world will be a better place.
Re: Trinity 101: Hundreds Bible Verses That Proves Trinity As A Dogma It Is. by Nobody: 3:17pm On Mar 18, 2016
John 8:24; 58; 13:19 and 18:5-6
in the above verses, Jesus said that "I am whom I am"
this is the same answer God gave Moses when he asked :whom shall I tell the Egyptians sent me?
Re: Trinity 101: Hundreds Bible Verses That Proves Trinity As A Dogma It Is. by Nobody: 3:25pm On Mar 18, 2016
cowgirl9090:
The Bible is contradicting, you can go on and bring a 100 verses from the Bible proving that trinity doesn't exist, another person will also bring 100 verses to prove to you that trinity exist.

I don't know why people want to kill them self because of this trinity.
sister your right. apart from this Trinity issue I wanted to quit the Catholic Church over the Holy mother (virgin Mary) issue .it was during that period that I also discovered that, those other churches aren't perfect .I came to realise that its not about the church but about whom I am. Nebuchadnezzar wasn't a Jew, but he found God's favour .ballam the prophet brought to curse the isrealites wasn't among the tribe of Jacob but, he was A man of God in the midst of pagans.

1 Like

Re: Trinity 101: Hundreds Bible Verses That Proves Trinity As A Dogma It Is. by HIbreed(m): 3:34pm On Mar 18, 2016
eduj:
though a Catholic I doubted the Trinity dogma until I read the gospel of John. pls op explain the first chapter of John because to me, it's proof of the Trinity.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
He was with God in the beginning.
Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.
There was a man sent from God whose name was John. He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all might believe. He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light.
The true light that gives light to everyone was coming into the world. He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.
The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
(John testified concerning him. He cried out, saying, “This is the one I spoke about when I said, ‘He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’”)
Out of his fullness we have all received grace in place of grace already given. For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.
in the "beginning "was the word Jesus was called the firstborn of all creation many times in the bible.He is God's first ever creation,he has a "beginning",but that cannot be said of God who has no "beginning", He was in existence even before the world was created: "He is the image of the invisible God, the first-born of all creation; for in him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible .... all things were created through him and for him." (Colossians 1:15-16)yes,the word was with God highlighting the bond between God and The Son Jesus,because Jesus is coming to relay the message of salvation to mankind,he is of complete oneness or accord with God.
And the word was God.
The Bible mentions that, in many cases, some mortal men are considered gods. Moses was called a god: "And the Lord said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brohter shall be thy prophet." (Exodus 7:1, ) And in the first book of the Bible, Abraham is called a god: "The Hittites answered Abraham, 'Hear us, my lord; you are a mighty prince among us.'" (Genesis 23:4-5)
Angels are called gods: "For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then you eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil" (Genesis 3:5,)
A specific reference to a messenger of the Lord is made at Judges 13:21-22 which states: "But the angel of the Lord appeared no more to Mano'ah and to his wife."
References to angels as gods are found in dozens of other places in the Bible.
Other groups, too, are called gods. In the second Old Testament book, the judges appointed by Moses are called gods: "Then his master shall bring him unto the judges [elohim]..." (Exodus 21:6,; also see Exodus 22:8-9, 28)
Even the princes of Egypt are referred to as gods: "For I will pass through the land of Egypt that night, and I will smite all the first-born in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and on all the gods of Egypt [princes] I will execute judgments: I am the Lord." (Exodus 12:12)

Even Jesus made mention of mortal men being called gods: '"In your own Law it says that men are gods!" he replied.' (John 10:34,)
Satan is called a god in the New testament: "In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers...." (2 Corinthians 4:4) The ruler Herod is also called a god: "On an appointed day Herod put on his royal robes, took his seat upon the throne, and made an oration to them. And the people shouted, 'The voice of a god , and not of man!'" (Acts 12:21-22)
Since so many beings are referred to as gods, how do we know when the Bible speaks of the only true God -the Creator of the heavens and the earth?

1 Corinthians 15:27 For, He put all things in subjection under his feet. But when he saith, All things are put in subjection, it is evident that he is excepted who did subject all things unto him.
1 Corinthians 15:28 And when all things have been subjected unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subjected to him that did subject all things unto him, that God may be all in all
Re: Trinity 101: Hundreds Bible Verses That Proves Trinity As A Dogma It Is. by cowgirl9090: 3:38pm On Mar 18, 2016
eduj:

sister your right. apart from this Trinity issue I wanted to quit the Catholic Church over the Holy mother (virgin Mary) issue .it was during that period that I also discovered that, those other churches aren't perfect .I came to realise that its not about the church but about whom I am. Nebuchadnezzar wasn't a Jew, but he found God's favour .ballam the prophet brought to curse the isrealites wasn't among the tribe of Jacob but, he was A man of God in the midst of pagans.
That's the test any Catholics go through before becoming a devoted catholic. The allegations were too many from worshipping idols to worshipping holy Mary, ,my brother I went to all those test, till I made up my my to find answers, I went online, I visited a rev father for teachings, I went for catechism. I found all the answers I needed and my mind was finally at peace in roman catholic church.
Re: Trinity 101: Hundreds Bible Verses That Proves Trinity As A Dogma It Is. by HIbreed(m): 3:49pm On Mar 18, 2016
eduj:
this is the same answer God gave Moses when he asked :whom shall I tell the Egyptians sent me?
the context of the bolded does not march the bible verses you quoted,please can you paste the full bible verses.We are here to learn. The other bible verses also was misleading from the actual definition of your intent. What i understood from those other scriptures was that Jesus who was risen from the dead was trying to convince Thomas and his disciples that "i am he". Please elaborate if you can.Thank you.
Re: Trinity 101: Hundreds Bible Verses That Proves Trinity As A Dogma It Is. by Rankine(m): 4:58pm On Mar 18, 2016
what mks Jesus GOD is his ability to forgive sin and receive worship... a jew can neva worship u if u aint GOD bt JESUS was worshiped by a jew..john20.28... JESUS is d visible image of GOD bkos anyone dt sees GOD in his original form is a dead man...GOD created an image and emptied imself in d image called JESUS

1 Like

Re: Trinity 101: Hundreds Bible Verses That Proves Trinity As A Dogma It Is. by malvisguy212: 5:48pm On Mar 18, 2016
HIbreed:
i believe in Jesus,the only begotten son of the true God,who died so that we shall be saved. He is not God,stop twisting the glaring bible truth.
Proclaimers of the Trinity theory use John 1:1 as their strongest proof that Jehovah and Jesus are one and the same: "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."
And, on the surface, this statement seems to be a rather straight forward explanation of the relationship of God and Jesus. However, truth does not arise from single Bible verses taken out of context or blindly accepted without research and study.However,there are hundreds of bible verse that shed light on Jesus rightful place among The heavenly realm and men.
https://www.nairaland.com/2960660/tri-unity-god-work-salvation
Re: Trinity 101: Hundreds Bible Verses That Proves Trinity As A Dogma It Is. by malvisguy212: 6:00pm On Mar 18, 2016
HIbreed:
did you just say the Holy spirit is God active force ? Then as long as it is a force, everyone is entitle to it ? May God forgive you my friend.

The holy spirit is a person, He teaches:
John 14:26
26 “But the helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the
Father will send in My name, HE WIlL TEACH YOU
all things, and bring to your remembrance all
that I said to you.

He testifies (John 15:26)He guides into all truth, He hears, speaks, shows ( John 16:13). "What constitutes the essentials of personality? Usually three things - a person must possess intelligence, emotions, and will. A thing lacks these, but the Holy Spirit is not a thing because He has intelligence, emotions and will".

Intelligence -The Spirit knows the things of God (1. Corinthians 2:10-11)
Emotions - The Holy Spirit can be grieved (Ephesians 4:30, and He loves Christians (Romans 15:30). Both emotions are experienced by a person not a thing or power.
Will -The Spirit gives gifts to men as He wills (1
Corinthians 12:11)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trinity 101: Hundreds Bible Verses That Proves Trinity As A Dogma It Is. by dolphinheart(m): 7:06pm On Mar 18, 2016
eduj:
Hebrews chapter 1vs 8
but about the son he says"your throne oh God would last forever and ever,and righteousness would be the scepter of your kingdom"

note it's God the father speaking

Can you quote verse 9 of heb chp 1 and tell who is talking. There?
Re: Trinity 101: Hundreds Bible Verses That Proves Trinity As A Dogma It Is. by dolphinheart(m): 7:12pm On Mar 18, 2016
eduj:
I think people will understand you better if you can quote the verses you just mentioned in full.
Re: Trinity 101: Hundreds Bible Verses That Proves Trinity As A Dogma It Is. by HIbreed(m): 11:06pm On Mar 18, 2016
malvisguy212:
did you just say the Holy spirit is God active force ? Then as long as it is a force, everyone is entitle to it ? May God forgive you my friend.

The holy spirit is a person, He teaches:
John 14:26
26 “But the helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the
Father will send in My name, HE WIlL TEACH YOU
all things, and bring to your remembrance all
that I said to you.

He testifies (John 15:26)He guides into all truth, He hears, speaks, shows ( John 16:13). "What constitutes the essentials of personality? Usually three things - a person must possess intelligence, emotions, and will. A thing lacks these, but the Holy Spirit is not a thing because He has intelligence, emotions and will".

Intelligence -The Spirit knows the things of God (1. Corinthians 2:10-11)
Emotions - The Holy Spirit can be grieved (Ephesians 4:30, and He loves Christians (Romans 15:30). Both emotions are experienced by a person not a thing or power.
Will -The Spirit gives gifts to men as He wills (1
Corinthians 12:11)
thank You my Friend, i enjoyed reading the link you created about the trinity.Meanwhile,you'll notice i didn't shed adequate light about the holy spirit as a workforce of Almighty God. I think this link would clear the air. http://jehovah.to/exe/general/holyspirit.htm
meditating on the word of God is essential however, believes nor christian denomination does not matter to God,muslim or christian,anyone who keeps his commandments is who he remembers just like in the case of Job.
Re: Trinity 101: Hundreds Bible Verses That Proves Trinity As A Dogma It Is. by HIbreed(m): 7:36am On Mar 19, 2016
if Jesus is of the same equality with God, why did he directed all the glory.To God.Are you reading and understanding the scripture or are you dwelling on what was sucessfully passed on to you by your religious heads.

Mark 10:18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good save one, even God.

John 7:16 Jesus therefore answered them and said, My teaching is not mine, but his that sent me.

Philippians 2:5 - 11 Have this mind in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
who, existing in the form of God, counted not the being on an equality with God a thing to be grasped,
but emptied himself, taking the form of a servant, being made in the likeness of men;
and being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, becoming obedient even unto death, yea, the death of the cross.
Wherefore also God highly exalted him, and gave unto him the name which is above every name;
that in the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven and things on earth and things under the earth,
and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Re: Trinity 101: Hundreds Bible Verses That Proves Trinity As A Dogma It Is. by Scholar8200(m): 11:34am On Mar 19, 2016
HIbreed:
if Jesus is of the same equality with God, why did he directed all the glory.To God.

Answer:
Philippians 2:5 - 11 Have this mind in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
who, existing in the form of God, counted not the being on an equality with God a thing to be grasped,
but emptied himself, [size=14pt]taking the form of a servant, being made in the likeness of men[/size];

and being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, becoming obedient even unto death, yea, the death of the cross.
Wherefore also God highly exalted him, and gave unto him the name which is above every name;
that in the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven and things on earth and things under the earth,
and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.[/b]
You asked a question and quoted a passage that answers you.

These passages you quoted:

Mark 10:18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good save one, even God.

John 7:16 Jesus therefore answered them and said, My teaching is not mine, but his that sent me.
Were spoken after the Word became flesh.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trinity 101: Hundreds Bible Verses That Proves Trinity As A Dogma It Is. by HIbreed(m): 9:03pm On Mar 19, 2016
Scholar8200:

You asked a question and quoted a passage that answers you.

These passages you quoted:
Were spoken after the Word became flesh.
Even the angels are existing in the form of God, spirit. undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

The real picture of Jesus Christ / Testimony Of George El Khoury / What Is The Difference Between Jesus And God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.