Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,029 members, 7,838,581 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

Cameroon Sentences 89 Boko Haram Fighters To Death - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Cameroon Sentences 89 Boko Haram Fighters To Death (424 Views)

'Cameroon Soldiers' Executing Women And Children (Graphic Video) / 5 Most Celebrated Freedom Fighters And Revolutionaries In Africa (Pics) / Russia Sends Its Most Advanced Fighters To U.S. Coast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cameroon Sentences 89 Boko Haram Fighters To Death by Marlboro1: 4:29am On Mar 19, 2016
Cameroon has sentenced 89 members of Nigerian Islamist militant group Boko Haram to death, local media report.

They were convicted on terror charges by a military court for their roles in several attacks in Cameroon’s northern region which borders Nigeria.

Cameroon passed an anti-terror law in 2014 which introduced the death sentence.

This is the first time the death sentenced has been used since that law was passed.

The 89 are among 850 people arrested in Cameroon on charges of links to Boko Haram.

Following the death sentences, a local human rights group has called for reforms to Cameroon’s justice system.

Hundreds of people have been killed in a spate of attacks in Cameroon since it joined a regional force set up to tackle the militants last year.

Read more: http://africaonline.cc/index.php/2016/03/19/cameroon-sentences-89-boko-haram-fighters-to-death/
Re: Cameroon Sentences 89 Boko Haram Fighters To Death by HungerBAD: 4:35am On Mar 19, 2016
89 to death?

I am beginning to like this Cameroun.

But, i prefer the Nigerian version of military Justice, and that is take no Boko Haram member alive. Why waste money, time and scarce human resources on the trial of people that have agreed to die for their causes? line them up and shoot them up.

That to me is the best trial.

1 Like

Re: Cameroon Sentences 89 Boko Haram Fighters To Death by AustineE1: 4:38am On Mar 19, 2016
Take no prisoners,kill them all!
.......'suffer not the witch to live'-Bible.
Re: Cameroon Sentences 89 Boko Haram Fighters To Death by Tunami(m): 4:39am On Mar 19, 2016
can this happen in nigeria?
Re: Cameroon Sentences 89 Boko Haram Fighters To Death by acenazt: 5:21am On Mar 19, 2016
See Wetin out gov't suppose dey do. But noooo Dem want rehabilitate monkey from eating banana.
Re: Cameroon Sentences 89 Boko Haram Fighters To Death by Bawsse(m): 5:55am On Mar 19, 2016
Good example
Re: Cameroon Sentences 89 Boko Haram Fighters To Death by viccipedia: 6:06am On Mar 19, 2016
HungerBAD:
89 to death?

I am beginning to like this Cameroun.

But, i prefer the Nigerian version of military Justice, and that is take no Boko Haram member alive. Why waste money, time and scarce human resources on the trial of people that have agreed to die for their causes? line them up and shoot them up.

That to me is the best trial.
Nigeria has countless insurgents in custody, some since 2009 and we are yet to sentence anyone of them, that's why the military does not take them alive anymore...
Re: Cameroon Sentences 89 Boko Haram Fighters To Death by romme2u: 4:36am On Mar 20, 2016
incase of fp grin grin

(1) (Reply)

The Daesh Chronicles: The Antithesis / What If Nelson Mandela Actually Betrayed South Africa? / ISIS ‘launches’ Mobile App To Indoctrinate Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.