Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,873 members, 7,813,977 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:12 PM

Niger Delta Crisis / Militancy - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Niger Delta Crisis / Militancy (658 Views)

Gbam! China Just Openly Support Russia Over Ukraine Crisis. / How do you think the current Libyan crisis will end? / The Ivory Coast Crisis - Another Perspective (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Niger Delta Crisis / Militancy by jerry0(m): 2:18pm On Jul 22, 2009
Do you know that President Umaru Yar'Adua has given amnesty offer to the Niger delta Militant and it is open until October 4, 2009.

But still the boys are still in action kidnapping oil workers early this month the launch an attack on Lagos and EMS shipping management of Norway where they kidnap three Russians, two Filipinos and one Indian.But Thanks to almighty God that the six hostages were release today without demanding any ransom.

Are they fighting a just course? Or Is it political ? or personal gains? These are the big questions that need answers.
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/18/20090722/twl-nigerian-rebels-free-six-foreign-tan-696b303.html
Re: Niger Delta Crisis / Militancy by mccloud224(m): 2:24am On Jul 24, 2009
I really hope your state,your people and your family suffer what the Niger delta people are going through.Then i will see how loud mouthed you'd be concerning the roles of government.What does amnesty have to do with the problem?Does that solve the issue?The only reason Nigeria is still together is because of oil there (the whole of NL can contest this but we shall see how unified Nigeria would be when there is no more oil from the south.
Re: Niger Delta Crisis / Militancy by mccloud224(m): 2:35am On Jul 24, 2009
@Poster

You ask if they are fighting a just cause or for their own interest?This shows how blind sighted and shallow minded you are.Several years back, a man arose from the region.His name was KEN SARO WIWA.He wanted changes for his people and constantly urged the government to do something about it.He wanted dialogue.He wanted peace not violence.Was the govt ready to listen?No, why?Coz they know that all would be talk talk talk and no action.On top of this, they executed him to silence him.Now, other advocates have come up, some were silenced either through threats or bribes.The problem continues.These so called militants fully understand the game of this geopolitical entity called Nigeria.The govt will not listen to you unless you hit their heads with iron rods.The govt doesn't care about anything or anyone except how many billions or trillions each of them can loot (ALL THIS WEALTH COMING FROM THE NIGER DELTA) and they don't even have a bridge to show for their resources.Yes, there are some bad eggs (as there are in the NPF,Navy,Army, even in your family, so don't criticize).They are fighting a just cause.The govt has opening come out indirectly to let them know that they have no intention of developing the region and these boys are doing what they see fit.I see what they are doing as fit and wish they wreck more havoc (e.g kidnapping governors,beheading senators and assassinating the president).If you are so blind so see that this country is a failed state, then God help you.
Re: Niger Delta Crisis / Militancy by younprince: 8:32pm On Aug 01, 2009
NOT TO BE VERY INSULTING, REGARDS TO YOUR QUESTION IF THEY ARE FIGHTING FOR THEIR OWN INTEREST OR WHATEVER, I THINK THAT MOST NIGERIANS SHOULD WAKE UP TO THE CALL OF MEND AND GIVE TO THEM YOUR SUPPORT, LET ME REMIND YOU OF KEN WIWA WHO WAS PEACEFULLY ASKING FOR THE RIGHT OF HI PEOPLE BUT WAS KILLED IN SILENCE NOW THAT THES POOR PEOPLE ARE FIGHTING SHOUTING IN ALL WAYS THEY CAN YOU ARE BEING STUPID ASKING FOR WHAT ARE THEY FIGHTING?, AT THE MOMENT I AM AWAY FROM HOME CERTAINLY WHEN I RETURN I WILL GO TO THE NIGER-DELTA WITH EVERY SUPPORT THEY WILL NEED CASH, KIND, MORAL, E.T.C
ABOVE ALL DO ANYONE HAVE A POSSIBILITY TO CONTACT ANY MEMBER OF MEND SO I CAN BE OF USEFUL LINK TO THEM TO MKAKE THEIR VOICES HELD HOME AND ABROAD, YOUNG PRINCE SAYS TILL DEATH WITH OUR CLOTHES CLOTH IN RED OF BLOOD EVEN IF WE ARE GONE BUT VICTORY WILL BE HEARD OVER THE LAND WITH FLAG OF TRIUMPH,

HASTA LA MUERTE

WE ARE WITH NIGER-DELTA

(1) (Reply)

Canada Recalls Spitting Diplomat From Tanzania / Polish Leader, 95 Others Dead In Russia Jet Crash / Pakistan Officials Summon British High Commissioner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.