Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,359 members, 7,815,762 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

Redeemed Church Cleaned My Entire Street!! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Redeemed Church Cleaned My Entire Street!! (40612 Views)

Redeemed Church Zonal Headquarters Sealed By Lagos State Government / Redeemed Church Pastor In A N9mn Fraud Mess (Photos) / Redeemed Church Opens Inside Beer Parlour In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Redeemed Church Cleaned My Entire Street!! by Nickymezor(f): 2:40pm On Mar 20, 2016
Hw nice of dem....
Re: Redeemed Church Cleaned My Entire Street!! by Raydos: 2:41pm On Mar 20, 2016
asalimpo:
op, you live in a slum . No wonder you hang out ,too much, in the religious section ....
undecided undecided undecided

sombory there looks like Ali baba, are sure this isnt a joke?

Can You Tell Me Anywhere In Nigeria That's Developed To New-York Standard??

Nigeria As A Whole Is A Big Slum Even Lagos & Abuja - Even V.I, Lekki, Banana-Island, In Lagos Are All Slums!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Redeemed Church Cleaned My Entire Street!! by chyka33(m): 2:43pm On Mar 20, 2016
Nice one.Luv this.....
Re: Redeemed Church Cleaned My Entire Street!! by nephemmy(m): 2:44pm On Mar 20, 2016
let somebody shout hallelujah...
Re: Redeemed Church Cleaned My Entire Street!! by ba7man(m): 2:44pm On Mar 20, 2016
asalimpo:
op, you live in a slum . No wonder you hang out ,too much, in the religious section ....

If it bothers you that much, buy him a house in V. I naa. undecided

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Redeemed Church Cleaned My Entire Street!! by Rotab4life: 2:44pm On Mar 20, 2016
Best way of getting JESUS to the world. BY your works
Re: Redeemed Church Cleaned My Entire Street!! by Adeevah(m): 2:45pm On Mar 20, 2016
RCCG church in my street also graded the street(feyisetan)...commendable
Re: Redeemed Church Cleaned My Entire Street!! by Nobody: 2:48pm On Mar 20, 2016
Aww that's nice. smiley

Proud to be a Christian!
Re: Redeemed Church Cleaned My Entire Street!! by Nobody: 2:48pm On Mar 20, 2016
Must you always display your stupidity?

juman:
Good.

Muslims in nigeria has no credible leadership.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Redeemed Church Cleaned My Entire Street!! by Nobody: 2:49pm On Mar 20, 2016
asalimpo:
cry sad shocked get out of the slum, dude Best advice from a brother who has your best interest in mind
Dumb

3 Likes

Re: Redeemed Church Cleaned My Entire Street!! by anonimi: 2:54pm On Mar 20, 2016
Ordinarily this is a good and laudable initiative.

However, is this not the work of the LGA authority to keep side roads motorable, clear gutters and bushes
Perhaps the LGA chairman and councillors, instead of using the allocation they receive on BEHALF of the people and the IGR raised from them to do the work, have shared the yams they STOLE from the people with mosques, shrines and churches like this one.

Is that not a possibility?

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/avatars/pcvhprupz53v0i2s3lqkiiftaebf16ps1287728[/img]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3084794_DumbPeople_jpg287f2b4d3ead2f536f99f92cbca9c590
Re: Redeemed Church Cleaned My Entire Street!! by Abukc(m): 2:54pm On Mar 20, 2016
The church want to collect PSP contract from Ambode,that's why they come out in large for the cleaning process

1 Like

Re: Redeemed Church Cleaned My Entire Street!! by Henovy: 2:55pm On Mar 20, 2016
asalimpo:
cry sad shocked get out of the slum, dude Best advice from a brother who has your best interest in mind
Unsolicited advice aka taking panadol for another person's headache

4 Likes

Re: Redeemed Church Cleaned My Entire Street!! by Vbabs(m): 2:55pm On Mar 20, 2016
asalimpo:

#TryingToBePolite
Must u comment on a post if u don't hv something worthwhile to say?

Homework for u.

Type Gazzuzz in the search above and see the result before saying wotever.

Thumbs up to one of the men who hv been saving Nairalander car owners...Oga Gazzuzz.

7 Likes

Re: Redeemed Church Cleaned My Entire Street!! by anonimi: 2:57pm On Mar 20, 2016
Raydos:
Can You Tell Me Anywhere In Nigeria That's Developed To New-York Standard??

Nigeria As A Whole Is A Big Slum Even Lagos & Abuja - Even V.I, Lekki, Banana-Island, In Lagos Are All Slums!

To the extent that something as basic as TAP water supplied regularly at a good pressure is not available in most "posh areas" of our country coupled with intermittent electricity, we ALL live in slums!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3500568_dccrap20160315155712_jpegcd8e6cb9418d815c070bb71dae45fd6a

3 Likes

Re: Redeemed Church Cleaned My Entire Street!! by Walelavender(m): 2:59pm On Mar 20, 2016
OP, there is an arm of the church saddled with the responsibility of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR). It's
n't limited to street cleaning alone.
There are many laudable CSR going on at many Paishes/Area/Zones. The church isn't in the habit of publicizing these impactful projects.

3 Likes

Re: Redeemed Church Cleaned My Entire Street!! by cicc2010(f): 3:00pm On Mar 20, 2016
Blaze55:
Someone can no longer make an innocent post with good incentives anymore without being trolled on...

Bros pay no attention to ill talk. They did a good job and God will bless them.
Leave the posh ppl let them be talking. Only God knows how dirty their own houses are, not to even mention their neighborhood

He/she might actually be living in a slum. Pls ignore
Re: Redeemed Church Cleaned My Entire Street!! by Igodometusalah: 3:04pm On Mar 20, 2016
Copy cats. The church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints members have been doing this for years now without publicizing it this way.
Re: Redeemed Church Cleaned My Entire Street!! by anonimi: 3:06pm On Mar 20, 2016
Abukc:
The church want to collect PSP contract from Ambode,that's why they come out in large for the cleaning process

Why will the church need a PSP contract from Ambode when they can simply wait to collect:

- tithes
- vows
- offerings
- seeds
- special projects for the pastor and his wife.
- import waivers even

collins011:
ADEBOYE, REDEEM CHURCH LEADER IN N20 BILLION IMPORT WAIVER SCANDAL

The General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, RCCG, Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye has been linked to a scandalous import duty waiver said to have cost Nigeria a whooping N20 Billion in revenue loss between 2006 and 2007.

A Fiscal Commission source in Abuja preferring anonymity told Pointblanknews.com during the week that pastor Adeboye, tapping into his well-known ties with former President Olusegun Obasanjo benefited from the shady import duty waiver in which Alhaji Aliko Dangote, Chief Mike Adenuga, Alhaji Saminu Turaki, Mr. Donald Duke and others were prime beneficiaries.

According to the impeccable source, the duty waiver granted Adeboye was said to have been used “dishonestly” by the church to import luxury Sport Utility Van, SUV (usually called Jeep in Nigeria), building materials and Digital Recording equipment some of which were said to belong to top members of the church both within Nigeria and abroad. In other words, the source surmised that Adeboye used his high level connections to “aid and abate” his church members to defraud the nation by not paying the requisite importation fees.

The source said that many of the RCCG’s faithful in Nigeria and abroad had celebrated the “unlawful act” as a “testimony to the goodness of the lord.” It was said that a Pastor Ghandi of the Jesus House, RCCG in Washington DC where the late first lady Mrs. Stella Obasanjo used to worship whenever she was in the United State, was a facilitator of the deal.

Many of the luxury cars that were said to have been imported through the deal were not meant for private use. They were said to have been sold at several car dealerships across the country. The source explained to pointblanknews.com that even if the items were not traded, it was unheard of that “people would import duty-free luxury items into any country.”

The official did not rule out the possibility of a thorough investigation of the deal which he said could make Adeboye to pay and possibly face charges.

A document made available to pointblanknews.com indicated that in 2006, RCCG got an import waiver of N9,831,109,309.00 through certificate no.,BO/REV/12235/S.2/T.133 to import construction materials; generators and vehicles. The value of the imports was N49,155,546,846.00.

advertisement

In 2007, another import waiver was granted. This time through a certificate number BO/R10260/V111/161, RCCG was granted rights to import building/construction materials with value put at N48,988,454,876.00 with a total waiver of N9,757,690.975.20. The two waivers total N19,588,800,284,20, while the bulk transactions amount to N98,144,347,130.20.

Also 300 luxury cars with value put at $6,923,000, 100 Jeeps (SUV) valued at $8,000,000, Video Equipment valued at $12,000,000.00, were all part of the shady import deals.

It would be recalled that the comptroller General of Nigerian Customs Services, Mr. Jacob Gyang Buba had been investigated by the independent Corrupt Practices Commission, ICPC in connection with an annual loss of N50 Billion in respect of the importation tariff waiver introduced by the Government of President Olusegun Obasanjo.

The spiritual depth of some practices of the RCCG has been subject of concern amongst growing conservative Christian worshippers. Adeboye is often criticized for being interested in quantity and not quality. He is said to have broken his church to model parishes were prosperity theology is often preached. The other class of followership is usually called Redeemed Classical. They are more mortified and often completely scriptural. Apart from Adeboye’s too cozy with the high and mighty elite, he was said to have given tacit blessing to ex-president Obasanjo’s third-term Presidential dream that was truncated with sudden humiliation.

fatdon2:
Picture: The brand new Gulfstream G550 jet purchased by Pastor Adeboye
Photo Credit: Bob Holland

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2860389_adeboyejetn730ea_png3fitokarvjgiaq_png84dea537af386d0b8c5c4db908dbf87e

Source: http://saharareporters.com/2015/09/15/pastor-adeboye-buys-brand-new-65-million-gulfstream-jet-starts-luxury-airline
Re: Redeemed Church Cleaned My Entire Street!! by anonimi: 3:17pm On Mar 20, 2016
Walelavender:
OP, there is an arm of the church saddled with the responsibility of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR). It's n't limited to street cleaning alone.
There are many laudable CSR going on at many Paishes/Area/Zones. The church isn't in the habit of publicizing these impactful projects.

Don't you think greater impact will be achieved by the church setting up and subsidising:

- primary
- vocational
- secondary and
- technical schools

while lobbying the state and local governments to ensure ALL children enroll and stay in schools to be educated so we have less people throwing trash in OPEN drains aka gutters

[img]http://www2.ed.gov/nclb/overview/intro/presentation/Slide1.jpg[/img]
Re: Redeemed Church Cleaned My Entire Street!! by akankemi1(f): 3:18pm On Mar 20, 2016
why do u guys like fight. it must be the testosterone hormone. geez
Re: Redeemed Church Cleaned My Entire Street!! by PrinceAfo911(m): 3:22pm On Mar 20, 2016
LoJ:
Would you mind building a house for him in Lekki?

like seriously some guys act as if they live in Maitama Abuja. if he lives in slump then build him a house in a better place.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Redeemed Church Cleaned My Entire Street!! by PrinceAfo911(m): 3:26pm On Mar 20, 2016
Henovy:
Unsolicited advice aka taking panadol for another person's headache

see me see trouble oo A lot of poor guys claiming what they are not.
Re: Redeemed Church Cleaned My Entire Street!! by Babyphinas(f): 3:35pm On Mar 20, 2016
Nice one
Re: Redeemed Church Cleaned My Entire Street!! by 2special(m): 3:37pm On Mar 20, 2016
Oke-Ira,Ogba is not a slump....@ tunjijones...U guess right,this is sumonu str another dirty str is Osayemi.....
Re: Redeemed Church Cleaned My Entire Street!! by idrissunny: 3:39pm On Mar 20, 2016
Clealiness is next to godliness
GAZZUZZ:
I have always never been comfortable with the number of churches around my house, the blaring speakers and unavailable street parking most days gets to me, but today one of them. Surprised me.

It started as a knock on my door as early as 8am sat morning, I was asked politely to come and move one of my vehicles that is usually parked on the street, when I got out of the house I was really shocked, I saw men and women, armed with brooms,shovels,wheel barrows, rakes, cutlasses and all sort of cleaning/clearing equipment. As I reparked the vehicle, I could not help but notice that the church close to my house had almost all its members CHEERFULLY cleaning the entire street! Now this is not your GRA interlocked kind of street, but un-tarred and really dirty. They cleared every gutter, filled craters with stones and rubble cleard dirt, swept the front of people's houses and organized a pickup truck to take away all the dirt. I am really impressed. It's not always about carrying bible and preaching salvation, but sometimes ministering to the individual and collective needs of people in your locality. I am already tempted to visit there tomorrow grin. I am sure they have won not just my heart, but that of every one on the street. Thumbs up to Springs of living water parish RCCG.[/color]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3510304_img20160319090703_jpeg2d4180a8792025ce8b843de67372f4c8

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3510305_img20160319090516_jpeg0e0e46b6ce75e1a6f3b22096fe194f9c

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3510306_img20160319090708_jpeg92382cea41bd497e5eaf035979d326a5

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3510307_img20160319090302_jpeg6e74061dce13f13dd7ca2edb24b39578

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3510313_img20160319090714_jpegfdd58a2a7018a875966182967105ebaf

Re: Redeemed Church Cleaned My Entire Street!! by Nobody: 3:41pm On Mar 20, 2016
juman:
Good.

I kw one idiot will always bring politics and religion into this.
Re: Redeemed Church Cleaned My Entire Street!! by Nobody: 3:42pm On Mar 20, 2016
juman:
Good.

I kw one idiot will always bring politics and religion into this.
And luckily it was u

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Redeemed Church Cleaned My Entire Street!! by IYANGBALI: 3:43pm On Mar 20, 2016
We are waiting for them in our street too
Re: Redeemed Church Cleaned My Entire Street!! by Allosaurus: 3:47pm On Mar 20, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

I think the church swept his sense too.
What has your powerless god, Lucifer, ever done for you?
Re: Redeemed Church Cleaned My Entire Street!! by pattybf(f): 4:05pm On Mar 20, 2016
This is very impressive!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Christians Pray For Joe Biden's Votes To Be Upturned (Video) / TB Joshua's Prophesy About Zimbabwe Military Coup & Robert Mugabe's Removal / Photos From The Burial Of Eunice Elisha Olawale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.