Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,333 members, 7,811,974 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:28 AM

How Can I Verify The Legitimacy Of Travel Agents - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Can I Verify The Legitimacy Of Travel Agents (1029 Views)

Cost Of Travel. Nigeria Vs. Other Countries. / General View Of Travel / US Supreme Court Allows Parts Of Travel Ban To Take Effect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Verify The Legitimacy Of Travel Agents by GP2015(m): 12:48pm On Mar 19, 2016
I would , if possible want to travel for my studies. I've had agencies who have scholarship opportunities for some countries that sponsor students. I know most of these scholarships and i know they are legitimate but im concerned about the agents, who would be given money for the processes.

If you are already studying abroad, have studied or would want to. please come in and help me verify this.
Re: How Can I Verify The Legitimacy Of Travel Agents by justwise(m): 12:51pm On Mar 19, 2016
GP2015:
I would , if possible want to travel for my studies. I've had agencies who have scholarship opportunities for some countries that sponsor students. I know most of these scholarships and i know they are legitimate but im concerned about the agents, who would be given money for the processes.

If you are already studying abroad, have studied or would want to. please come in and help me verify this.

Which country?
Re: How Can I Verify The Legitimacy Of Travel Agents by GP2015(m): 12:53pm On Mar 19, 2016
justwise:

Which country?
I was told of china and italy course- medicine
Re: How Can I Verify The Legitimacy Of Travel Agents by justwise(m): 1:05pm On Mar 19, 2016
GP2015:

I was told of china and italy
course- medicine

So why do you need an agent for that? This is something you can do for yourself as s prospective student. Visit the school website and see if they offer any scholarship and see if you meet the requirements.
Re: How Can I Verify The Legitimacy Of Travel Agents by GP2015(m): 1:13pm On Mar 19, 2016
justwise:

So why do you need an agent for that? This is something you can do for yourself as s prospective student. Visit the school website and see if they offer any scholarship and see if you meet the requirements.

sir, I dont know the schools offering medicine with scholarship thats where the agent came in. Now, they wouldn't mention the school to you until you're committed. If i had anyone who knew any of these schools , I'd apply before now.
Re: How Can I Verify The Legitimacy Of Travel Agents by justwise(m): 1:21pm On Mar 19, 2016
GP2015:

sir, I dont know the schools offering medicine with scholarship thats where the agent came in. Now, they wouldn't mention the school to you until you're committed. If i had anyone who knew any of these schools , I'd apply before now.

You don't know because you haven't taken time out to search online, agents got the information from school website and now want to sell it.

Start by searching for schools that offers your course then search for scholarship on their website. This is not difficult and there is no secret here
Re: How Can I Verify The Legitimacy Of Travel Agents by DisGuy: 1:27pm On Mar 19, 2016
What you can do is basically spend some time researching online, visit as many school website as possible and try to contact the schools directly if you see anything remotely similar, if not, chances are these agents are just trying to draw you in( might probably offers a different country and different course after paying them)- medicine is quite a niche course to offer scholarship for international students.

A quick look online, shows many are for those already admitted or those studying further in health/medical fields

http://www.topuniversities.com/student-info/scholarship-advice/medical-scholarships-around-world
Re: How Can I Verify The Legitimacy Of Travel Agents by Joygalore(f): 2:14pm On Mar 19, 2016
No school abroad offers scholarship for medicine

(1) (Reply)

How Safe Are The Passengers? (photos) / Terrible Accident In Lagos,5 LASU Students In Coma,Others Injured(photos) / Hi, Nairaland. What Can I Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.