Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,739 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

25 Weirdest Things About Your Body You'll Ever Learn - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 25 Weirdest Things About Your Body You'll Ever Learn (2770 Views)

25 Weirdest Animals You Won't Believe Exist / This Is One Of The Most Interesting Skyscrapers You'll Ever See / Facts About Nigeria: You'll Be Shocked To Find Out You Don't Know 99% Of This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

25 Weirdest Things About Your Body You'll Ever Learn by Dongreat(m): 4:09pm On Mar 19, 2016
[b]1. Due to cartilage compression in your spine, you will be a whole 1 centimeter shorter when you go to sleep at night than when you woke up.

2. Your red blood cells do an entire circuit of your body every 60 seconds.

3. Your bladder can actually visibly grow when you feel like you have to pee.

4. Most babies are actually blue-eyed at birth, and their lifelong eye color happens as a result of exposure to UV rays.

5. Most residents of the Western Hemisphere will consume somewhere around 50 tons of food and 50,000 liters of liquid in their lifetime.

6. It can take up to six months to grow a new nail or toenail back completely.

7. On average, your eye muscles contract about 100,000 times a day.

8. You will shed somewhere around 40 lbs. of skin over the course of your life.

9. About 20% of your oxygen as well as your calorie intake go directly toward fueling your brain!

10. There are 1 million filters in every kidney, and they clean about 1.3 liters of blood each minute and push out around 1.5 liters of urine every day.

11. Of the 500,000 eggs that ovaries contain, about 400 get any real life creating opportunities.

12. All people have their own unique smell-- except for twins!

13. Your stomach creates cells faster than it destroys them-- that is why your stomach doesn't end up destroying itself

14. You produce about a pint of sweat daily, and it all comes from your half-a-million sweat glands

15. When we gather information and garner insight about our current surroundings, we get 90% of this information from our eyesight. Pretty visual creatures, we humans!

16. Tickling yourself is close to impossible; you just cant.

17. Skin grafts for burn victims very often come from baby foreskin.

18. Pound for pound your bones are a whole four times stronger than concrete

19. If you stretched out the skin of an adult male it would span about 20 feet.

20. On average a person produces enough saliva in their lifetime to fill two swimming pools.

21. We need our saliva to dissolve something before we can taste it.

22. Men produce enough sperm on a daily basis to repopulate the earth in six months.

23. The heat your body is capable of producing in half an hour could boil a gallon of water

24. If you stretched out all of the capillaries in your lungs tip to tip they would reach just about the distance from Atlanta to Los Angeles.

25. A correlation has been found between people who dream often and people with a high IQ. [/b]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 25 Weirdest Things About Your Body You'll Ever Learn by Nobody: 4:30pm On Mar 19, 2016
Hmm.. Cool to knw smthng new.
Re: 25 Weirdest Things About Your Body You'll Ever Learn by truthalways(m): 5:13pm On Mar 19, 2016
Number 22 is my favourite tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 25 Weirdest Things About Your Body You'll Ever Learn by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 5:52pm On Mar 19, 2016
20 funny oo grin
Re: 25 Weirdest Things About Your Body You'll Ever Learn by Faber(m): 5:52pm On Mar 19, 2016
I disagree with no 6 cos it depends on body type.

I lost the nails of my ring and middle fingers respectively;on13th Nov. last year in an auto crash, and they have grown back under 3 months.

1 Like

Re: 25 Weirdest Things About Your Body You'll Ever Learn by daveP(m): 7:14pm On Mar 19, 2016
(serves lalasticlala) anything else? oh some palmi okay....
Re: 25 Weirdest Things About Your Body You'll Ever Learn by osesology(m): 7:44pm On Mar 19, 2016
Some of these research looks like an exaggerated research to me. Are all these 100% scientifically proven to be true?
I do not believe in no 6.

1 Like

Re: 25 Weirdest Things About Your Body You'll Ever Learn by franklingud(m): 8:19pm On Mar 19, 2016
Lalasticlala..
This is worth FP.
Nice info.
Re: 25 Weirdest Things About Your Body You'll Ever Learn by Dongreat(m): 8:22pm On Mar 19, 2016
franklingud:
Lalasticlala..
This is worth FP.
Nice info.

Bro it is but i was told it wont cause i forgot to add the password which is Snake and Tonto Dike
Re: 25 Weirdest Things About Your Body You'll Ever Learn by Dongreat(m): 8:22pm On Mar 19, 2016
franklingud:
Lalasticlala..
This is worth FP.
Nice info.

Bro it is but i was told it wont cause i forgot to add the password which is Snake and Tonto Dike cheesy

2 Likes

Re: 25 Weirdest Things About Your Body You'll Ever Learn by franklingud(m): 8:30pm On Mar 19, 2016
Dongreat:

Bro it is but i was told it wont cause i forgot to add the password which is Snake and Tonto Dike cheesy
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 25 Weirdest Things About Your Body You'll Ever Learn by Okpueze1(m): 11:24pm On Mar 19, 2016
I dream both during boring lectures little sleep back in the days. Sometimes it gets difficult for me to separate my dreams from reality as I can dream in a 5mins sleep and feel like I didn't sleep. It even causes me headache sometimes as my brain would not feel the rest after sleeping and dreaming all through the sleep. I know am a very sensitive person and have a high sense of smell, sound, touch, taste and sight. Able to analyse situations and understand people's motives and perspective in a flash of light. Does it have anything to do with my IQ level @op or anyone knowledgeable on this matter?

1 Like

Re: 25 Weirdest Things About Your Body You'll Ever Learn by oyatmicah(m): 12:32am On Mar 20, 2016
gboin!
most of ur so called facts are fabricated jare,
@24 who stretched nd measured all d capillaries in your lungs tip to tip nd discovered dat they would reach just about the distance from Atlanta to Los Angeles.. Atlanta to los Angeles ko Lagos - Ibadan xpress road ni

1 Like

Re: 25 Weirdest Things About Your Body You'll Ever Learn by oyatmicah(m): 12:36am On Mar 20, 2016
nd come to tink of it, stretching out d skin of an adult male, like WTF! him b snake abi cow?
bros abeg i wan belief diz ur facts bt my conscience wnt allow me

1 Like

Re: 25 Weirdest Things About Your Body You'll Ever Learn by Nobody: 1:42am On Mar 20, 2016
this is insightful.... but number 18 though, op I think (one) is to (one) misture made brick in not included...
Re: 25 Weirdest Things About Your Body You'll Ever Learn by mlanreh: 4:29am On Mar 20, 2016
Thank u Op
Re: 25 Weirdest Things About Your Body You'll Ever Learn by SolexxBarry(m): 6:41am On Mar 20, 2016
Thanks for sharing smiley
Re: 25 Weirdest Things About Your Body You'll Ever Learn by Nobody: 7:05am On Mar 20, 2016
23. The heat your body is capable of producing in half an hour could boil a gallon of water.

Dongreat if this is true, then as at this moment when everywhere and everything is hot in the country, the degree of hotness in half an hour can boil 550 tanks of water or even burn a building.
Re: 25 Weirdest Things About Your Body You'll Ever Learn by Chuksemi(m): 11:39am On Mar 20, 2016
When I read stuff like this, I wonder if I should memorize it or just stroll past. *Confused*
Re: 25 Weirdest Things About Your Body You'll Ever Learn by dazzlingd(m): 1:36pm On Mar 20, 2016
No 25... I dream often, guess that answers it....lol
Re: 25 Weirdest Things About Your Body You'll Ever Learn by Bukkiminat(f): 3:56pm On Mar 20, 2016
No 25 tho..
I dream a lot,yet........(u know the rest) grin

(1) (Reply)

Amazing Collection Of "The First In The World" (photos) / 27 Unbelievable Facts Of The World / 2018/2019 UNN UTME/ Direct Entry Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.