Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,930 members, 7,810,593 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:41 AM

Final year student allegedly kills himself because his GPA was poor - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Final year student allegedly kills himself because his GPA was poor (2780 Views)

Timi Adelakun Breaks South Broward School's Records With A Record-Setting GPA / Maryam Kikelomo Adegbite Becomes UNIOSUN Overall Best Student With 4.91 GPA / First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Final year student allegedly kills himself because his GPA was poor by NairaMedia: 8:13am On Jan 29, 2019
A final year student allegedly committed suicide due to a poor GPA.

According to Twitter user, Kofi, the student took his life on Sunday, January 27.

He killed himself because his GPA wasn’t good enough and he feared he wouldn’t graduate with Us. This is the story of our mate who lost his life Yesterday . Every final year student having a hard time, Just hang in there fam. We go make am regardless of the GPA. #StayWoke

Source: https://www.mediahelm.com.ng/2019/01/final-year-student-allegedly-kills.html
Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Seun

Re: Final year student allegedly kills himself because his GPA was poor by mykelswa(m): 8:35am On Jan 29, 2019
Then me that had 3rd class would have died long ago bcus d way ppl discriminate eh. Even dos who you'll give a task n can never carry it out. Everything ain't about book. In Nigeria it's about how smart u use ur head. Rip but it ain't worth it. 2nd worthless suicide this year. After d guy who killed himself bcus he lost both parents
Re: Final year student allegedly kills himself because his GPA was poor by kodded(m): 8:36am On Jan 29, 2019
and buhari does not have common ssce sad
Re: Final year student allegedly kills himself because his GPA was poor by peteruuu(m): 9:50am On Jan 29, 2019
Vanity upon vanity, ALL is vanity!
Re: Final year student allegedly kills himself because his GPA was poor by Nobody: 9:51am On Jan 29, 2019
too sad, society and expectations cry cry cry
i know a guy who graduated with a third-class after 3 extra-years in the firm where i did my nysc, if you see him you'd assume he's a first class..
He was the C.O.O of the firm. He told us that he didn't even have any connections and worked his way to the top.

When i heard that i was just weak.....
Certificates are not the end-point of life, they're just a means to achieve your goals, but while at school, the stigma against low-performin students is so bad, from lecturers, fellow students, family members and so on, they see you as scum without a bright future, the second you leave school and you see the way life happens you'll begin to think other-wise.

A first class is still important tho , if you consider the best in my department is now a HOD at Citybank. got the Job immediately after Nysc

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Final year student allegedly kills himself because his GPA was poor by FunctionX(m): 10:54am On Jan 29, 2019
Trolla:
too sad, society and expectations cry cry cry
i know a guy who graduated with a third-class after 3 extra-years in the firm where i did my nysc, if you see him you'd assume he's a first class..
He was the C.O.O of the firm. He told us that he didn't even have any connections and worked his way to the top.

When i heard that i was just weak.....
Certificates are not the end-point of life, they're just a means to achieve your goals, but while at school, the stigma against low-performin students is so bad, from lecturers, fellow students, family members and so on, they see you as scum without a bright future, the second you leave school and you see the way life happens you'll begin to think other-wise.

A first class is still important tho , if you consider the best in my department is now a HOD at Citybank. got the Job immediately after Nysc
TRUE WORDS
Re: Final year student allegedly kills himself because his GPA was poor by Richdad50(m): 11:19am On Jan 29, 2019
This is what happens when Fathers raise 'weak men' and mothers reinforce it. The consequence of teaching a child that school is the greatest achievement he or she can ever have, ever bring home. If only he laughed with the girls, drank with the guys, played a piano, kicked a ball, or sang to a tune, he wouldn't have killed himself. Enabling a child's early realization of his multiple talents reduces the chances of disappointment in the event of failure in one.

#Richdad

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Final year student allegedly kills himself because his GPA was poor by itiswellandwell: 11:32am On Jan 29, 2019
Weak men everywhere.
Re: Final year student allegedly kills himself because his GPA was poor by Nbote(m): 11:49am On Jan 29, 2019
Richdad50:
This is what happens when Fathers raise 'weak men' while mothers reinforce it. The consequence of teaching a child that school is the greatest achievement he or she can ever have, ever bring home. If only he laughed with the girls, played a piano, kick the ball, or sing a tune, he wouldn't have killed himself. Enabling a child's realization of his multiple talents reduces the chances of disappointment in the event of failure in one.

#Richdad

Come collect one cold Origin for my head

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Final year student allegedly kills himself because his GPA was poor by generationz(f): 1:21pm On Jan 29, 2019
sometimes I wonder why people do this to themselves because of a degree. I mean failure is bad especially when your mates that you played and studied with seem to be doing better academically.

However when compared to business men who lost their whole capital , investment or even other peoples money because of a bad decision in business or unforseen I feel getting a 2.2 or 3rd is nothing compared to this.

You can't dust yourself up she. you get an F or 3rd class then how do you want to face life.

You think school is hard , wait till you graduate and face real life. wait till you graduate and enter the jungle then what you thought was shameful while in school will become child's play. Eye go tear.

You are still eating your parents food and you say you are depressed because you failed a course. Wait till you graduate and no job for a few years. Your once loving parents will be a Thorn in your flesh reminding you of your failure then you will know life isn't a bed of roses.

what am I saying , when one avenue fails its okay to cry but after you cry , pick yourself up and keep pushing.

Its better to fail in school ( in a secured environment, with free pocket money etc) and learn from it than to come out and fail.

4 Likes

Re: Final year student allegedly kills himself because his GPA was poor by jimysilva(m): 3:02pm On Jan 29, 2019
i'm speechless tho, ain't his fault if nigeria was in good condition things wouldn't had gone this way RIP bro.
Re: Final year student allegedly kills himself because his GPA was poor by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jan 29, 2019
anjola188:
too bad
If not for anything he would have encouraged himself using the case of PMB who has been CERTIFICATELESS right from time, yet stepped on competent Fools to ascend to the Pinnacle of Leadership.
Re: Final year student allegedly kills himself because his GPA was poor by Olachase(m): 4:10pm On Jan 29, 2019
that one no get sense maybe after getting the good results he is looking for na okada him go later ride

RIP
Re: Final year student allegedly kills himself because his GPA was poor by harsysky(m): 7:51pm On Jan 29, 2019
his problems are finally over.
Re: Final year student allegedly kills himself because his GPA was poor by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jan 29, 2019
I hope his score of making heaven isn't low 2.
If not he'll try killing himself in the afterlife again
Re: Final year student allegedly kills himself because his GPA was poor by femi4: 6:08am On Jan 30, 2019
mykelswa:
Then me that had 3rd class would have died long ago bcus d way ppl discriminate eh. Even dos who you'll give a task n can never carry it out. Everything ain't about book. In Nigeria it's about how smart u use ur head. Rip but it ain't worth it. 2nd worthless suicide this year. After d guy who killed himself bcus he lost both parents
What a waste....you came out with insignificant third class
Re: Final year student allegedly kills himself because his GPA was poor by Rextizz(m): 6:35am On Jan 30, 2019
This is cowardice, so now that he killed himself what has he achieved

Like seriously I wonder why people take degrees like it's a gold in this country, and their is not even single employment in this goddamn country, besides I know of a guy that graduated with pass, now this guy has employed 2 first class graduate. Yes, because he has a skill which make him more than one million monthly, while the ones with first class don't.
Infant I've seen few people that graduated with pass or third class doing good for themselves, infact they are making it big than those with first class.
Re: Final year student allegedly kills himself because his GPA was poor by mykelswa(m): 6:51am On Jan 30, 2019
femi4:
What a waste....you came out with insignificant third class

Fool.
Re: Final year student allegedly kills himself because his GPA was poor by emmyreb(f): 7:18am On Jan 30, 2019
But why??

Canon Camera for sale, check my signature
Re: Final year student allegedly kills himself because his GPA was poor by freemanbubble: 8:07am On Jan 30, 2019
Isoright

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG Announces Resumption Date For Secondary School / University Of Ibadan Ojoro Too Much / I Want To Know More About Unilorin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.