Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,363 members, 7,812,038 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:56 AM

My Father Kept Malice With Me For Four Year For This Reason - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Father Kept Malice With Me For Four Year For This Reason (3623 Views)

My Fiance Has A Child Out Of Wedlock. But Kept It A Secret From Me. / Woman Kept Her Baby In A Bag While Shopping / Woman Delivers Four-Year-Old Pregnancy In Ogun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Father Kept Malice With Me For Four Year For This Reason by Pidggin(f): 6:39am On Mar 20, 2016
ireneidiva:

Abeg calm down. He wouldn't be 'distracted' if he was really called. Its not about love for women. You can't do it, you can't do it. Simple. He can still be of service to God in a million ways apart from that one. His dad should get over it already.

I think his dad has gotten over it, rather it's the OP who finds it hard to understand why his father reacted the way he did.
Re: My Father Kept Malice With Me For Four Year For This Reason by naijathings(m): 7:02am On Mar 20, 2016
Pidggin:

I have never been a man, but men like him successfully practice it, is it that they have four heads? I am not talking of those who involve themselves in secret affairs, I mean those who are clean.

Five years spent thinking about his calling while raising his father's hope? The did has been done, I am in no way chastising him, I just want him to empathize with his dad.

men like him? can you tell me what type of man the OP is ? do you know his weaknesses? do you know his likes and dislikes ?

yeah 5 years was spent. so that means there is a time frame for a human being to make personal assessment and evaluation and make a change in the right direction?

I have said much on this issue but it is not for everyone to understand.. so dear, stick to your opinion. free world.

2 Likes

Re: My Father Kept Malice With Me For Four Year For This Reason by igwegeorgiano(m): 7:43am On Mar 20, 2016
flokii:
@OP why you sef collect d malice keep na?

you both need Jesus
how bro?
Re: My Father Kept Malice With Me For Four Year For This Reason by igwegeorgiano(m): 7:51am On Mar 20, 2016
DickDastardly:

Good to know.
Now make sure you don't try to frustrate your children too tomorrow with your own bogus dreams. Endavour to train them well but leave the crucial life decisions to them.
Remember, "We are all but pencils in the hands of the creator" - Wale Adenuga 1942 cheesy
sure bro u are on point.
Re: My Father Kept Malice With Me For Four Year For This Reason by flokii: 8:37am On Mar 20, 2016
igwegeorgiano:
how bro?

Dnt mind me.. was only joking

from what I read, ur dad wanted a priest, buh you didn't.. now you're okay and happy with the way things are.

that's really nice.. most parents do that (tho. some hide theirs)

they want to av doctors, lawyers, engineers etc.. just overlook ur dad's actions

nothing feels great as choosing ur own career path in life
Re: My Father Kept Malice With Me For Four Year For This Reason by igwegeorgiano(m): 9:04am On Mar 20, 2016
flokii:

Dnt mind me.. was only joking

from what I read, ur dad wanted a priest, buh you didn't.. now you're okay and happy with the way things are.

that's really nice.. most parents do that (tho. some hide theirs)

they want to av doctors, lawyers, engineers etc.. just overlook ur dad's actions

nothing feels great as choosing ur own career path in life
thanks bro well stated.
Re: My Father Kept Malice With Me For Four Year For This Reason by Purity01(f): 11:11am On Mar 20, 2016
nerilove:
Op, why waste that 5 years. In the seminary when U know its not your calling. U should ve quit initially. Na because of girls and 'other things' made you to dislike celibacy. Anyway your father wants a rev fr in his family. You won't know how its feels by your actions except if you are in his shoes.you better go back and complete that call because youshould be a rev fr after 3-4yrs time
he has made his decision dear. At d age of 20 one is expected to be mature to make desired life choices.
Op, igwegeorgiano I am glad u opted out after having d knowledge dat ure not cut out to be a priest. if its only cox u cant be celibate and I give u respect for that. Many people tow d line of preisthood to please dier family members to dier own detriment. what if u get in dere and find a lady u like, then u start playing hide and seek game. some even go as much as indulging in homosexuality just to ease of d sexual frustration not cox they enjoy same sex.
once again dear frnd, I am glad u made a life for ir self. God wld settle d scores btwn u and dad in no time, amen.
Re: My Father Kept Malice With Me For Four Year For This Reason by igwegeorgiano(m): 12:13pm On Mar 20, 2016
Purity01:
he has made his decision dear. At d age of 20 one is expected to be mature to make desired life choices.
Op, igwegeorgiano I am glad u opted out after having d knowledge dat ure not cut out to be a priest. if its only cox u cant be celibate and I give u respect for that. Many people tow d line of preisthood to please dier family members to dier own detriment. what if u get in dere and find a lady u like, then u start playing hide and seek game. some even go as much as indulging in homosexuality just to ease of d sexual frustration not cox they enjoy same sex.
once again dear frnd, I am glad u made a life for ir self. God wld settle d scores btwn u and dad in no time, amen.
thanks bro. everything is good now btw my dad and i. no squabbles at all.

1 Like

Re: My Father Kept Malice With Me For Four Year For This Reason by nerilove(m): 12:34pm On Mar 20, 2016
Purity01:
my dear Purity, I'm not against Igwe opting out, what I'm vexed is about he not quiting till after Philosophy of 5yrs. I mean if priesthood is not for you, you better quit immediately than trying to please your parents for those years.
Re: My Father Kept Malice With Me For Four Year For This Reason by Prettiepearlz(f): 2:45pm On Mar 20, 2016
Ezedon:
Honour thy father and thy Mother that you may live long, that you may live long, thats what my bible tells me
so he should do what he doesn't want to do because he is honoring his father. Do you even know what it takes to be a Catholic priest. So you want him to follow his father's will and then be one of those priests that will be sleeping around with girls, and forgetting their vow? Pls let's stop saying my bible says this, my bible says that. Try and always reason with situation of things first before bringing the bible into it.

1 Like

Re: My Father Kept Malice With Me For Four Year For This Reason by richyblink1(m): 4:29pm On Mar 20, 2016
nerilove:
You are very crazy. So if you are the father what will you do after spending a lot for all these years. Guy blame your sorry ass for all these years, time and money

Abeg park well!! You seem like a tyrant that will bully your children into becoming what you want irrespective of their feelings and desires.

He has clearly stated that his mind is not there. Do you want him to end up being the type of priest that would be camping women in every 36 states of the country?

Ogbeni, try again later. Thank you

1 Like

Re: My Father Kept Malice With Me For Four Year For This Reason by richyblink1(m): 4:33pm On Mar 20, 2016
Pidggin:
So your love for women made you abandon God's service? I hope you are enjoying your fill now, I really feel sad for your dad, he had such high hopes for you.

Put yourself in your father's shoes, he must have dreamt of you making him proud by becoming a priest. Before you say it is your life and you decide what you should do with it, Samuel was not even conceived before his mother dedicated him to serve God as a priest. Try to understand why he reacted that way, good luck.

Becoming is a priest is a calling. Samuel was a son that was conceived on covenant between Hannah and God. It's a different case from the op's.

1 Like

Re: My Father Kept Malice With Me For Four Year For This Reason by bukatyne(f): 4:46pm On Mar 20, 2016
igwegeorgiano:
The joy of every parent is to see their wards excelling in their chosen careers in life knowing fully well that the time to enjoy the fruit of their labor is just standing by their side.

Fellow nairalanders for those of you who are catholics, you will understand better my ordeal as a 'disobedient' child according to my father because that is what he choose to call me then.

Am in my late thirties now and i remember with nostalgia all that happened during my growing up years. I attended the oldest catholic minor seminary in Nigeria years back. after my first six years in the minor seminary i proceeded to the major seminary which is regarded as an institution of higher learning in the catholic church

While in the seminary, i knew deep inside of me that my vocation was no where to be found in d seminary because i knew i was not called to be a priest. my father desperately desired me to. therefore, i made up my mind to pull out at the end of my first degree in philosophy which is my first five years in the seminary.

I met with my spritual director and disclosed to him what i intended to do at the end of my philosophy course in d seminary. please note that every catholic major seminary is an affiliate of one university or the other in nigeria. My spiritual director counselled that i should followed my heart. it was easy for me to take this bold step to quit because i knew my calling was not to be a priest. it finally came the day i wrote my final exams in the seminary(5th year)the feeling was so great that i appreciated God for revealing it to me that i wasn't cut out for the life of a celibate.
The news of my voluntary exit from the seminary shocked my parish priest, and members of my parish. my father was so devastated and i could not gather the courage to face him but eventually i did and let him into why i quit. every bits of explations and reasons i gave for quitting the seminary never made any sence to my father because he felt i broght shame upon the family by refusing to become a catholic priest.

At twenty years old i had my first degree and was ever qualified to go for my youth service but i declined and purchase a jamb form. i wrote the exams ans passed. i got admission to study economics in one the universities in the south south. i informed my dad about the admission but turned me down. my problem with him started from that day. he refused to sponsor my univetsity education but God favour smiled on me a family in US who knows my ordeal with my dad took up the responsibity of seeing me through school without my father knowing it. after four years i graduated with the best grade in my dept and for four year during that period my father kept malice with me without recourse to the fact that being a priest does'nt guarantee holiness or a sure ticket to heaven. i only did what i know was the best for me and my family.

Kenamo!

So you left father work because of chopping pussy Abi?

Anyways, on your wedding night, bring out your JT and tell your wife to kiss it.

After that, tell her to be grateful you followed your heart else her JT would have been locked up in a seminary.

To the ladies, may our JTs not be locked up in a seminary and hidden under robes of priesthood.....

Isseeeeeeeeeee!

On a serious note, what do you want to be?

2 Likes

Re: My Father Kept Malice With Me For Four Year For This Reason by nerilove(m): 8:00pm On Mar 20, 2016
richyblink1:

Abeg park well!! You seem like a tyrant that will bully your children into becoming what you want irrespective of their feelings and desires.

He has clearly stated that his mind is not there. Do you want him to end up being the type of priest that would be camping women in every 36 states of the country?

Ogbeni, try again later. Thank you
Look at this fool, you can allow your children to be whatever they wanna be, even being an olosho or a cultist in school. You own dey your body. I never said he didn't do well. I supported his move. So Bleep off my mention.

2 Likes

Re: My Father Kept Malice With Me For Four Year For This Reason by prissyluv(f): 11:43pm On Mar 20, 2016
Pidggin:
So your love for women made you abandon God's service? I hope you are enjoying your fill now, I really feel sad for your dad, he had such high hopes for you.

Put yourself in your father's shoes, he must have dreamt of you making him proud by becoming a priest. Before you say it is your life and you decide what you should do with it, Samuel was not even conceived before his mother dedicated him to serve God as a priest. Try to understand why he reacted that way, good luck.

Sorry to quote you,but i don dey fear for your children already.

1 Like

Re: My Father Kept Malice With Me For Four Year For This Reason by Memejem: 10:40am On Mar 22, 2016
Not everyone is created to be a preist. It's good he realized it and left in while he was young. Imagine if he continued and shamed not only himself and his family but the church by his actions.

His dad can be disappointed. He has the right to feel that way. But in his wisdom he should recognize that it wasn't a good fit for his son.it doesn't mean that his son is leaving God or the religion. He just has a different position. He knows his weaknesses and strengths.

Pidggin:

Re: My Father Kept Malice With Me For Four Year For This Reason by chigoizie7(m): 11:18am On Mar 22, 2016
Pidggin:

High hope fire.

He doesn't want any high hopes for him. All he wants is to fulfil his selfish interests of answering "papa father", nothing else .

How could u call "mortgaging your son's happiness for yours a high hope"?

He never cared for what the son wanted b4 pushing him to be a rev father.

If he so desires that "rev father status" why didn't he go for it as a youth in his time?

I love social sciences, I am also good in pure sciences too, but my love and passion for social sciences no be here. Mum wanted me to study either med lab or medicine, dad wanted me to study accountancy or economics, simply because he is a chartered account.

I got sad, not because I couldn't do it, but because they never asked me what I wanted,

I went for mums, wrote pume, didn't get d med lab, but I got bch. After 2yrs, I wrote another jamb, and filled statistics. because I got tired of satisfying their selfish gains. Would have gone for economics but it will be fulfilling dad's dreams.

I graduated from the dept of statistics unizik 2014. Whenever we talk about admissions and all that for my siblings, I always tell them to their faces. "Thank God I went for statistics and not for med or acc or eco" them go just de look me,knowing that I am taunting them.

Today, all my siblings are studying the courses of their choice, no one influenced them, @least not my parents, it is sickening to make people happy @ your own detriments.

1 Like

Re: My Father Kept Malice With Me For Four Year For This Reason by Teespice(f): 12:42pm On Mar 22, 2016
nerilove:
Op, why waste that 5 years. In the seminary when U know its not your calling. U should ve quit initially. Na because of girls and 'other things' made you to dislike celibacy. Anyway your father wants a rev fr in his family. You won't know how its feels by your actions except if you are in his shoes.you better go back and complete that call because youshould be a rev fr after 3-4yrs time

walahi, you deserve slap.
Re: My Father Kept Malice With Me For Four Year For This Reason by nerilove(m): 1:40pm On Mar 22, 2016
Teespice:

walahi, you deserve slap.
you are very lucky that. I'm in good mood today, I would have given it to you in your own coin. Fucking asshole
Re: My Father Kept Malice With Me For Four Year For This Reason by Teespice(f): 1:45pm On Mar 22, 2016
nerilove:
you are very lucky that. I'm in good mood today, I would have given it to you in your own coin. Fucking asshole

I have sha said what I want to say. with this mindset of yours I am scared for your unborn children.

if you like be in a bad mood and rain all the insults you want, it still won't change my perception of what I think of your comment.

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Myths About Introverts. / Must Wife Travel Every Christmas / See Hilarious Comments On Social Media As Price Noodles Drops From 18500 To14k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.