Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,777 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

Must Wife Travel Every Christmas - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Must Wife Travel Every Christmas (3643 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must Wife Travel Every Christmas by akpunda86: 9:57pm On Nov 30, 2019
Every Christmas my wife wants to go home to their village.im not against but go ontime and come back so we all do new year togeda.

Its beggining to piss me off cos if im gone that means my kids leg fit no touch their papa village.

On that note i have warned her let this christmas be the last i hear you say you want to go home.

On my own ill say the disavantages of marrying from another state outweighs the advantage.
Every christmas u look foward spending with your family nd wife not knowing she z married talking of going to her maternal villa.

I gave her 22nd to 28th.wch is enuff.overstays hmmmmmm
Re: Must Wife Travel Every Christmas by akpunda86: 10:14pm On Nov 30, 2019
Shez 32 sometimes i feel shez not yet matured for marriage.leaving a matured man all alone in d house with d harmattan cold.sometimes i wonder if her village is more important than her marriage.im just watching cos if she cant adapt after 7 yrs of marriage she better think twice. Im from anambra shez imo.

1 Like

Re: Must Wife Travel Every Christmas by LadySarah: 10:20pm On Nov 30, 2019
grin grin.We alike shaoo grin
What happened to your own place anyway?
If yours was interesting she would be going there.

5 Likes

Re: Must Wife Travel Every Christmas by akpunda86: 10:25pm On Nov 30, 2019
LadySarah:
grin grin.We alike shaoo grin
What happened to your own place anyway?
If yours was interesting she would be going there.

Anambra z fun during xmas so is my villa infacr iv warned her after this year i no wan hear i wan go xmas for my villa.she is free to go see d mum and siblings but not every xmas.she can go bf the holidays.besides our newborn just six months.infact she is not going anywhere.
I regret marrying from imo state their culture pissing me off now.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Must Wife Travel Every Christmas by Nobody: 10:25pm On Nov 30, 2019
akpunda86:
Shez 32 sometimes i feel shez not yet matured for marriage.leaving a matured man all alone in d house with d harmattan cold.sometimes i wonder if her village is more important than her marriage.im just watching cos if she cant adapt after 7 yrs of marriage she better think twice. Im from anambra shez imo.
You Igbos like going home during festive period na. grin

I don't even remember the road to my village.

4 Likes

Tales by moonlight

2 Likes

GrabHisBalls:
You Igbos like going home during festive period na. grin

I don't even remember the road to my village.

Kimbra kimbraa
Re: Must Wife Travel Every Christmas by CAPSLOCKED: 10:28pm On Nov 30, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
You know during Christmas many of us come from overseas with the sole intention of looking for an unfortunate man's wife to shag.

cheesy

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Must Wife Travel Every Christmas by LadySarah: 10:30pm On Nov 30, 2019
akpunda86:

Anambra z fun during xmas so is my villa infacr iv warned her after this year i no wan hear i wan go xmas for my villa.she is free to go see d mum and siblings but not every xmas.she can go bf the holidays.besides our newborn just six months.infact she is not going anywhere.

Just try to create a balance.She has her roots there and should naturally love hers more than yours especially if she is from a big close knitted family.
She can go earlier to her place and then later to your place.
My mum did thst too but my father wont let the boys go with us calling it'aru'. grin

Forgive her biko angry grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Must Wife Travel Every Christmas by ZiriMane(m): 10:31pm On Nov 30, 2019
I hope it's not what I'm thinking o. All those Ubunja miseducation disciples please keep off.
Anyways, let the whole family travel to ur own village or hers if travelling must be done every Xmas.

Nigeria is too hard to start training another man's child diz days.

what am I even saying sef?

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Must Wife Travel Every Christmas by bukatyne(f): 10:34pm On Nov 30, 2019
akpunda86:
Every Christmas my wife wants to go home to their village.im not against but go ontime and come back so we all do new year togeda.

Its beggining to piss me off cos if im gone that means my kids leg fit no touch their papa village.

On that note i have warned her let this christmas be the last i hear you say you want to go home.

On my own ill say the disavantages of marrying from another state outweighs the advantage.
Every christmas u look foward spending with your family nd wife not knowing she z married talking of going to her maternal villa.

When your wife travels every Christmas, what do you do?

Does she travel with the kids?

1 Like

Re: Must Wife Travel Every Christmas by starbuck(f): 10:43pm On Nov 30, 2019
I feel comfortable spending the Christmas with my people because I do things the way I like not when I go Oga's village, all the ụmụnnes and ụmụadas will be doing plus and minus untop your case, even to sleep for afternoon is an abomination unto them....

2ndly, I feel safe with my kids in my father's house than husband's which he himself can attest to

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Must Wife Travel Every Christmas by Nobody: 10:50pm On Nov 30, 2019
akpunda86:

I guess she will take the newborn with her or who will look after the newborn when she goes?
Re: Must Wife Travel Every Christmas by akpunda86: 11:00pm On Nov 30, 2019
theButterfly:
I guess she will take the newborn with her or who will look after the newborn when she goes?

Yea travelling with d newborn
Re: Must Wife Travel Every Christmas by akpunda86: 11:01pm On Nov 30, 2019
starbuck:
I feel comfortable spending the Christmas with my people because I do things the way I like not when I go Oga's village, all the ụmụnnes and ụmụadas will be doing plus and minus untop your case, even to sleep for afternoon is an abomination unto them....

2ndly, I feel safe with my kids in my father's house than husband's which he himself can attest to

For how long
Re: Must Wife Travel Every Christmas by Nobody: 11:06pm On Nov 30, 2019
akpunda86:

Yea travelling with d newborn
Ok. Good.
Re: Must Wife Travel Every Christmas by starbuck(f): 11:28pm On Nov 30, 2019
akpunda86:

For how long

10 years of marriage now, aside that, my kids sabi their grandma and uncles and aunts, and them never get cousins yet(this is the more reason self) make them village people no remember or table my case
Re: Must Wife Travel Every Christmas by Preshy561(f): 11:28pm On Nov 30, 2019
akpunda86:

Every human must always prefer their root to another person's root.

My mum and her sisters prefer their father's house and always come back together during any festive period.
My sis, prefers her father's house to her husband's house. It's always natural to prefer where you are very comfortable with. Spreading two legs in relaxation. But the case is always different when they go to their husband's place.

6 Likes

Re: Must Wife Travel Every Christmas by nlPoster: 11:46pm On Nov 30, 2019
Experimental observations, sleeping for afternoon is abomination, what are we referring to here?
Re: Must Wife Travel Every Christmas by nlPoster: 11:46pm On Nov 30, 2019
@ topic

This is why people prefer to stay single these days. Nlers have very frightening and warped views of marriage.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Must Wife Travel Every Christmas by armyofone(m): 12:09am On Dec 01, 2019
What is the big deal going to hers or your papa village for Christmas?? Can't y'all stay in your home to celebrate Christmas and new year and create your own memories and legacy ?? Nigerians sef always making a thang out of nothing!
Answer to your question: No- you guys must not travel but stay at home and build your own memories with the kids.

akpunda86:

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Must Wife Travel Every Christmas by Lonelypacifist6: 1:25am On Dec 01, 2019
starbuck:

Why did you marry him has it gotten to that extent?

1 Like

Re: Must Wife Travel Every Christmas by Chubhie: 3:49am On Dec 01, 2019
In the words of ubunja, This is an insurrection, a rebellion that ought to be crushed with military and medical precision.

3 Likes

Re: Must Wife Travel Every Christmas by Sanchez01: 4:06am On Dec 01, 2019
akpunda86:

Calm down, sir. I am sure Imo's culture doesn't out rightly demand that a married woman must spend every Christmas in her own village. This is your wife's prerogative or some tiny rights she thinks she has that you failed to check. She is married now and spending the Christmas with her immediate family should be her priority before her village's or parents'.

I feel you both need to come to an agreement and you decide where your own family would be spending Christmas every December. Lobatan.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Must Wife Travel Every Christmas by Sanchez01: 4:11am On Dec 01, 2019
armyofone:
What is the big deal going to hers or your papa village for Christmas?? Can't y'all stay in your home to celebrate Christmas and new year and create your own memories and legacy ?? Nigerians sef always making a thang out of nothing!
Answer to your question: No- you guys must not travel but stay at home and build your own memories with the kids.

I wanted to write this but then... The OP is from Anambra and his wife from Imo State. So there is this unwritten constitution about Igbos traveling home for Christmas. You just can't take it away from them.

However, your suggestion, for me, is everything. I just can't imagine why couples can't choose to have a vacation ALONE or spend it in their home ALONE. The concept of creating memories is lost on some. Call it life.

3 Likes

Re: Must Wife Travel Every Christmas by PuZZyNegro: 4:14am On Dec 01, 2019
akpunda86:

My friend, you are whining.

If your wife traveling to her hometown is the reason you're regretting marrying from IMO state, then you have a problem of not having problem.

It is expected that she travels to her village this season. Reason being that, this is the period her other siblings, cousins, friends, extended family, old school classmates, etc., usually come home. So, a great opportunity to meet with people she has not met for a long time.

In my family, we usually create a year that everybody would travel home including both my married sisters.

Mind you, my brothers married from the same state yet their wife spend the festive period in their fathers' house and we don't have problem with that.

You have her from January to December, it's just this few days that she wants to get refreshed and rejuvenated from the years worth of hard work before another hectic year begins that you know it's harmattan

Enyi a, behave yourself there

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Must Wife Travel Every Christmas by akpunda86: 4:28am On Dec 01, 2019
Sanchez01:

Calm down, sir. I am sure Imo's culture doesn't out rightly demand that a married woman must spend every Christmas in her own village. This is your wife's prerogative or some tiny rights she thinks she has that you failed to check. She is married now and spending the Christmas with her immediate family should be her priority before her village's or parents'.

I feel you both need to come to an agreement and you decide where your own family would be spending Christmas every December. Lobatan.
Thanks.

We longed for kids five years and God gave us two.stsying with my family gives me joy.Xmas period no work is JUST play and play and only family i have leaving me.my kids are my joy.

5 Likes

Re: Must Wife Travel Every Christmas by akpunda86: 4:37am On Dec 01, 2019
PuZZyNegro:

My friend, you are whining.

If your wife traveling to her hometown is the reason you're regretting marrying from IMO state, then you have a problem of not having problem.

It is expected that she travels to her village this season. Reason being that, this is the period her other siblings, cousins, friends, extended family, old school classmates, etc., usually come home. So, a great opportunity to meet with people she has not met for a long time.

In my family, we usually create a year that everybody would travel home including both my married sisters.

Mind you, my brothers married from the same state yet their wife spend the festive period in their fathers' house and we don't have problem with that.

You have her from January to December, it's just this few days that she wants to get refreshed and rejuvenated from the years worth of hard work before another hectic year begins that you know it's harmattan

Enyi a, behave yourself there

Nwoke leave matter for matter.i wear the shoe so knows where it pains me.my friend married from imo state.the way the woman adapted to our culture.joined all women group hardly u know z from imo.Im a titled chief a title my father conferred on us when we were young.

Why do we basterdize marriage.all thru my life iv nvr seen my mum leave my dad during xmas.she can go to her maternal home everyday but nvr skips food time for dad.This days Honey egwusi soup in plastic microwave it when hungry.
Guy im not happy.

4 Likes

Re: Must Wife Travel Every Christmas by akpunda86: 4:42am On Dec 01, 2019
Sanchez01:

I wanted to write this but then... The OP is from Anambra and his wife from Imo State. So there is this unwritten constitution about Igbos traveling home for Christmas. You just can't take it away from them.

However, your suggestion, for me, is everything. I just can't imagine why couples can't choose to have a vacation ALONE or spend it in their home ALONE. The concept of creating memories is lost on some. Call it life.
Im not yet sure i wanna go villa.i want to spend time with the kids..She has started asking all her brothers and sis in town when they are travelling.have told me wanna join them.Is not a must ill travel to my village but to me a must that i stay with my family.
IS ALWAYS HAPPY NEW YEAR I HEAR FROM MY WIFE FROM FONE ON NEW YEARS.
Re: Must Wife Travel Every Christmas by Sanchez01: 4:51am On Dec 01, 2019
akpunda86:

Im not yet sure i wanna go villa.i want to spend time with the kids..She has started asking all her brothers and sis in town when they are travelling.have told me wanna join them.Is not a must ill travel to my village but to me a must that i stay with my family.
IS ALWAYS HAPPY NEW YEAR I HEAR FROM MY WIFE FROM FONE ON NEW YEARS.
If you are not planning on traveling PLEASE DON'T MAKE HER GO. If she plans on being miserable just because of that then let her be. If she needs to be reminded that she is a wife and not some teenager anymore then by all means do.

It doesn't make sense that a married woman habitually spends time away from her husband and kids in the name of Christmas celebration in her village and no one, not even her parents or siblings can point that out. I wonder what her parents tell her when she shows up annually.

I honestly find this nauseating. Her immediate family comes first.

4 Likes

Re: Must Wife Travel Every Christmas by PuZZyNegro: 4:58am On Dec 01, 2019
akpunda86:

Nwoke leave matter for matter.i wear the shoe so knows where it pains me.my friend married from imo state.the way the woman adapted to our culture.joined all women group hardly u know z from imo.Im a titled chief a title my father conferred on us when we were young.

Why do we basterdize marriage.all thru my life iv nvr seen my mum leave my dad during xmas.she can go to her maternal home everyday but nvr skips food time for dad.This days Honey egwusi soup in plastic microwave it when hungry.
Guy im not happy.

You're talking about the olden days and I'm sure your father's house and that of your maternal home are not too far from each other thus the reason it's possible for your mum to shuttle between the two places without much ado.

Depends on you though. Some men would gladly allow their wife to go and even ask them to stay longer just so they can flex themselves too.

Bro, use the opportunity to enjoy bacher life again

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

. / I Don't Understand My Husband Anymore / I Tracked Down My Biological Father But He Raped Me(A True Life Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.