Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,034 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Still A Christian? When Was The Last Time You Did Any Of These? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Still A Christian? When Was The Last Time You Did Any Of These? (40741 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Claim To Be So Devoutly Christian When They Are So Clearly Not? / Why A Christian Girl Converted To Islam (Photo) / Indeed! This Is The Last Time. The Breakdown Of Luke 21:25-27 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Still A Christian? When Was The Last Time You Did Any Of These? by Ezenwanne: 9:06pm On Mar 20, 2016
Op, Tnx for ds. I saved d page already
Re: Still A Christian? When Was The Last Time You Did Any Of These? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Mar 20, 2016
baum1:

Oh bro,

Our God through our Lord Jesus Christ is helping me. I've seen a noticeable growth in 2 - 7, and am still growing well. I have rather slowed down with 1 as the last time I engaged in this activity was about 8 months ago. I will pick it up again and by God's grace maintain the momentum for the long term.

My church hammers on things like this..In fact, we are all charged to engage in them!!
Nice one! Are you a Deeper Liver?

1 Like

Re: Still A Christian? When Was The Last Time You Did Any Of These? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Mar 20, 2016
Ezenwanne:
Op, Tnx for ds. I saved d page already
You're welcome bro

1 Like

Re: Still A Christian? When Was The Last Time You Did Any Of These? by samuelson06(m): 9:31pm On Mar 20, 2016
baum1:

Very correct, thank you. Please, the brother/sister who is not happy to sit where the usher recommends, the Bible says we should submit to authority for every authority is appointed by God for a purpose Romans 13: 1 - 5. The church, I mean where our Lord Jesus Christ actually dwells, is the house of the Lord and my take is that He directs any turn of events in His house - things do not just happen in His house by chance.

I encourage bro/sis to obey the ushers even if it means splitting temporarily from the person that you both came together to church.

Bless you.

I don't really know how to put it for that guy to understand where I'm coming from but I am glad you do understand me. I am someone that strongly believes in order because if I don't, I know that disobedience can build up and affect my life negatively. The problem with many people is that they don't understand that their actions can cause a chain effect in their life. They do something and feels it ends there but it doesn't. There are so many people today who are in a place that they ought not to be because they never allowed the Holy Spirit to lead them. They argue about everything and do things in their own canal ways. Why? Because the leading of the Spirit are usually foolish to them. Let me stop here please.

1 Like

Re: Still A Christian? When Was The Last Time You Did Any Of These? by baum1: 9:34pm On Mar 20, 2016
anonimi:

What I have highlighted is the bane of the matter.
There are almost NO "genuine, true house of God" today.
You may read the conversation of Jesus Christ (Prophet Isa to the Muslims) in John 4 with the Samaritan woman at the well for more insight to what I am saying.
Cheers.

Thank you for that chapter in the book of John. I have read it and have been blessed, especially learned once again that the everlasting waters of life come only from Christ and that believing and having faith in the word of God yields fruit - reference to the man whose son was ill and whose conversation with our Lord Jesus led to his believing what the Lord said and his faith and belief leading to the complete healing of his son.

Concerning your other submission, yes there are many wolves in sheep's clothing..But one thing remains sure - there remain those places of worship where God is genuinely worshiped in spirit and in truth, through our Lord Jesus Christ..Just as the Lord told Elijah that there are still those reserved for him who have not bowed and will never bow to Baal, so also are there people and places of worship where the Lord is worshiped in spirit and in truth.

My own goal is to continue challenging myself and earnestly asking myself whether I truly believe God's word through Christ Jesus and then praying steadfastly for the grace to live my life in total submission to this word.

Bless you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Still A Christian? When Was The Last Time You Did Any Of These? by baum1: 9:39pm On Mar 20, 2016
samuelson06:

I don't really know how to put it for that guy to understand where I'm coming from but I am glad you do understand me. I am someone that strongly believes in order because if I don't, I know that disobedience can build up and affect my life negatively. The problem with many people is that they don't understand that their actions can cause a chain effect in their life. They do something and feels it ends there but it doesn't. There are so many people today who are in a place that they ought not to be because they never allowed the Holy Spirit to lead them. They argue about everything and do things in their own canal ways. Why? Because the leading of the Spirit are usually foolish to them. Let me stop here please.

Thanks bro. Indeed, we need to be careful so that we're not misdirected away from His plan for us because we are trying to be wise in our own eyes.

Have a wonderful day
Re: Still A Christian? When Was The Last Time You Did Any Of These? by baum1: 9:41pm On Mar 20, 2016
emusmith:
Nice one! Are you a Deeper Liver?

No bro - but my childhood foundation is deeper life.
Re: Still A Christian? When Was The Last Time You Did Any Of These? by demzey(m): 9:57pm On Mar 20, 2016
Op must b Frm Christ embassy
Re: Still A Christian? When Was The Last Time You Did Any Of These? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Mar 20, 2016
baum1:

See bro, your point is well articulated and well understood. I'm just seeing it.

One thing I want to bring to your attention is the fact that as believers, we are here on this earth to glorify God, and that is the very primary purpose why we're here. Everything else is secondary. I believe you already knew this. It's important to remember that as children of God, our destination is not this world, our destination is heaven...The ephemeral enjoyment that this fallen world has to offer cannot be compared to what is waiting for those who truly believed and lived for Jesus Christ on this earth.

Thus, if we as Christians are faced with having to choose between modelling every aspect of our lives in order to reap the eternal benefits in Christ or living our lives so as to enjoy the temporary benefits here on earth, I believe, and with the teaching of our Lord Jesus Christ, that the former should be our goal. We cannot claim to desire Christ yet refuse to obey His major words in faith..

It is possible to enjoy on this earth and also make heaven, but we must do this in complete obedience to the word of God through Christ Jesus.
In order words, if enjoying the goodies of this world means disobeying the teachings of Christ (such hating on enemies and hoping they die), then such enjoyment is unimportant and unrequired.

Blessings
You are perfectly correct, but I will disagree with you on the last point. We are here in this world to fulfil God's purpose for our lives. We are here to use that purpose to bring Glory to God, but the fact is there are enemies of that purpose. If God Himself has an enemy in the form of Satan, how much more humans? Satan's purpose is to thwart, twist and pollute everything that can be used to God's glory, and that includes man and his destiny. There is no way I will pray for anybody or anything being used by Satan. Even Jesus Christ said anything that doesnt not bear good fruit will be uprooted and cast into the burning fire. ANYTHING.

The era of 'pray for your enemies' is long over. If you wanna pray for them, by all means go ahead, but as for me and my household, anybody who doesn't want me to fulfil my purpose in life, anyone who wants to keep afflicting me so that I will be too busy praying over my problems instead of worshipping God fully, then that person 'will be rooted out and cast into the burning fire'

"Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone, and an horrible tempest : this shall be the portion of their cup."-Psm 11vs 6

1 Like

Re: Still A Christian? When Was The Last Time You Did Any Of These? by Alani86: 10:14pm On Mar 20, 2016
malvisguy212:
you are mistaken my friend. Jesus is NOT working to be save, He is showing the Evidence of a saving faith. The unsave are working hard to please God, whereas the save is resting on the Work of another (jesus). You cannot show that you are saved without
works (James 2:14,18). To prove your faith is genuine, you need to show the evidence of your faith.

Well, at least people (myself inclusive) read your comment. So, congratulations, you have been noticed!
Re: Still A Christian? When Was The Last Time You Did Any Of These? by greatjoshy(m): 10:20pm On Mar 20, 2016
Oh.... God bless for these words sir. I'm guilty of many of them sir.

1 Like

Re: Still A Christian? When Was The Last Time You Did Any Of These? by baum1: 10:41pm On Mar 20, 2016
MoltenMagma:

You are perfectly correct, but I will disagree with you on the last point. We are here in this world to fulfil God's purpose for our lives. We are here to use that purpose to bring Glory to God, but the fact is there are enemies of that purpose. If God Himself has an enemy in the form of Satan, how much more humans? Satan's purpose is to thwart, twist and pollute everything that can be used to God's glory, and that includes man and his destiny. There is no way I will pray for anybody or anything being used by Satan. Even Jesus Christ said anything that doesnt not bear good fruit will be uprooted and cast into the burning fire. ANYTHING.

The era of 'pray for your enemies' is long over. If you wanna pray for them, by all means go ahead, but as for me and my household, anybody who doesn't want me to fulfil my purpose in life, anyone who wants to keep afflicting me so that I will be too busy praying over my problems instead of worshipping God fully, then that person 'will be rooted out and cast into the burning fire'

"Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone, and an horrible tempest : this shall be the portion of their cup."-Psm 11vs 6

Yes, those wicked-hearted people are being used by Satan and his demons to wreck havoc on some innocent people..

But what about heavy prayers for the demonic influences working through those people to be uprooted? What about prayers for the people to be set free from these influences? What about prayers for them to see the light, the light in Christ, rather than die with these unclean spirits and face heavy judgment from God? Imagine a demon-possed person testifying that he/she was arrested by God through your prayers..That's a soul won into the Kingdom of God..You already know the many rewards for that.

Nothing happens to genuine sons and daughters of God without His knowledge. He knows all and sees all and knows very much how to deliver us from all afflictions and how to ensure that no weapon fashioned against us prospers. Let us continue to live for Him and in Him, and let us continue to remain genuine children of His..

Blessings
Re: Still A Christian? When Was The Last Time You Did Any Of These? by Nowenuse: 10:56pm On Mar 20, 2016
shaqhead:

I beg to disagree with you on this "I sit where I feel like attitude" when it comes church folks and ushers cos if everyone in that service chose to do what they "felt" like, I bet church we will end up with a service of broken chairs.

So wen the usher tries to get you to a seat, most times to feel up empty seats in front that I sometimes wonder why we run away from and you rebuff them, what does the bible call that?

DISOBEDIENCE

What a way to start service unto God?

I had to realise this and this made me stop givin ushers headache, after all I am spending only few hours in church!

May God help me o. Am really guilty of this issue. Infact i fell victim of it today.
I am really encouraged with ur words

1 Like

Re: Still A Christian? When Was The Last Time You Did Any Of These? by Alani86: 10:58pm On Mar 20, 2016
MoltenMagma:

First, are you the one to do what was written in that scripture you just quoted? Upon the wicked "HE" shall...... God knows what to do, how to do and when to do! "HE shall never suffer the righteous to be moved"; Psalm 55:22b. "Behold the eye of the Lord is upon them.... To deliver their soul from death and to keep them alive in famine"; Psalm 33:18-19. "What man is he that feareth the Lord?....... His soul shall dwell at ease and his seed shall inherit the land"; Psalm 25:12-13". I can go on and on with the view to showing you what should be our priority as believers. Have you forgotten brother Job in Job 1:8-12? Job was a man who feared God and shunned evil. Verse 10 is so inspiring and I want you to ponder on it sir; even the devil confessed that it was practically impossible for him to tamper with brother Job's life. Until God had to give him the liberty/authority/go ahead.

Summarily, I don't have any problem or concern about the devil or his cohorts. I only need to remain under the shadow of the Almighty. "They that dwell under His shadow shall return......."; Hosea 14:7. You boost devil's moral and confidence when you give him unnecessarily attention. And we can do this from the contents of our prayers, our beliefs, our actions, etc.

In conclusion, I could see the devil affirming the Word of God through the life of brother Job: "...... Write; for these words are true and faithful"; Rev 21:5! Devil's confession about brother Job is a confirmation to the few scriptures I quoted earlier; Psalm 55:22b, 33:18-19, 25:12-13...... May God help us to fear HIM (alone) and shun evil all the days of our live. #Dipo!

1 Like

Re: Still A Christian? When Was The Last Time You Did Any Of These? by Nowenuse: 10:59pm On Mar 20, 2016
MoltenMagma:

Ride on sir! Am feeling u.
There is no way we should pray for our enemies.
Suffer not a witch to live.

1 Like

Re: Still A Christian? When Was The Last Time You Did Any Of These? by Nobody: 11:15pm On Mar 20, 2016
greatjoshy:
Oh.... God bless for these words sir. I'm guilty of many of them sir.
God will send His was revival your way
Re: Still A Christian? When Was The Last Time You Did Any Of These? by olumike75: 12:18am On Mar 21, 2016
SMH
Re: Still A Christian? When Was The Last Time You Did Any Of These? by Nobody: 5:30am On Mar 21, 2016
One other thing is to not forget the handicap, orphans and those in dear need. Stop paying huge amount only to your senior pastors, look at your neighborhood someone might be dying of hunger . That is what the Bible preaches"love"
Re: Still A Christian? When Was The Last Time You Did Any Of These? by Nobody: 6:54am On Mar 21, 2016
kerygalerie:
One other thing is to not forget the handicap, orphans and those in dear need. Stop paying huge amount only to your senior pastors, look at your neighborhood someone might be dying of hunger . That is what the Bible preaches"love"
So true girl
Re: Still A Christian? When Was The Last Time You Did Any Of These? by Lillysam: 8:23am On Mar 21, 2016
I try to do most bt its mostly been by d grace n help of God, especially dt evangelism.
Re: Still A Christian? When Was The Last Time You Did Any Of These? by bobokunlexzy: 11:17am On Mar 21, 2016
May GOD help our generation.
Re: Still A Christian? When Was The Last Time You Did Any Of These? by tpiah2: 5:06am On Mar 24, 2016
MoltenMagma:

I am satan

Re: Still A Christian? When Was The Last Time You Did Any Of These? by tpiah2: 5:07am On Mar 24, 2016
MoltenMagma:

God punish me. Holy Ghost fire scatter me angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Benin Pastors Visit Destiny Eguavoen's Church After Attack By Traditionalists / TB Joshua Makes Headlines In Tanzania / Muoka Vs Ofoegbu: War In The House Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.