Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,112 members, 7,811,127 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:07 AM

How Do I Know A Good Tyre - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Do I Know A Good Tyre (2208 Views)

These Are Toyota Camry Facts You May Not Know – A Peek Into The Unknown / Please How Do I Identify Good Tyre / The Major Cause Of Tyre Burst Accidents In Nigeria ( Pictures Included ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Know A Good Tyre by fogechi: 10:44am On Mar 20, 2016
I want to change my car tyres. Please how do i know a good tyre. I dont trust those guys at apo abuja
Re: How Do I Know A Good Tyre by bodejohn(m): 11:19am On Mar 20, 2016
Excellent question...

I have wondered about this too myself...
And to make it worse, there are countless brands in the market...

My guide...check the manufactured date and then find some documentations about the tires from the manufacturer's website. If you have any doubt...just don't buy.

Some people say....stay away from made in China tires....not very sure of what that means...

I hope this makes the front page.
Re: How Do I Know A Good Tyre by fogechi: 11:38am On Mar 20, 2016
bodejohn:
Excellent question...

I have wondered about this too myself...
And to make it worse, there are countless brands in the market...

My guide...check the manufactured date and then find some documentations about the tires from the manufacturer's website. If you have any doubt...just don't buy.

Some people say....stay away from made in China tires....not very sure of what that means...

I hope this makes the front page.

thanks .....i hope to get more opinions as i will
Be going to market dis week
Re: How Do I Know A Good Tyre by fogechi: 12:35pm On Mar 20, 2016
Make una help me naa
Re: How Do I Know A Good Tyre by fogechi: 2:44pm On Mar 20, 2016
I need more advice please
Re: How Do I Know A Good Tyre by Nobody: 11:33am On Mar 21, 2016
Go with known brands such as Firestone, Michelin... or at least search online for reviews on any particular brand you want to buy and check the expiry date of whichever one you select.
Re: How Do I Know A Good Tyre by princemillla(m): 6:35pm On Mar 21, 2016
My best advice to you is, go with a vulcanizer.

Tyre might be good in the eye but might be CURLY
This will affect your wheel a great deal

Look at the date of manufacture. Within 2 years is ok
Re: How Do I Know A Good Tyre by Flexherbal(m): 6:40pm On Mar 21, 2016
princemillla:
My best advice to you is, go with a vulcanizer.

Tyre might be good in the eye but might be CURLY
This will affect your wheel a great deal

Look at the date of manufacture. Within 2 years is ok
I am adding my voice to yours.
Re: How Do I Know A Good Tyre by fogechi: 6:08am On Mar 22, 2016
Thank you all
Re: How Do I Know A Good Tyre by lonelydora: 6:56am On Mar 22, 2016
Go with Michelin, which is very expensive, or known brands like Firestone or Bridgestone.

Run away from any Chinese tyres instead go with Korean brands (yet to understand why this is advised).

Double King and co., are not tyres at all.

For me, I use Pirelli for now.

(1) (Reply)

Road Safety And Driver's License Issues / I Saw A Sharp 2003 Eod. But I Was Shocked When The Man Said 4m / I Need Advice On Nissan Murano 2009/2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.