Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,484 members, 7,816,147 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

My Pumping Machine Is Faulty - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Pumping Machine Is Faulty (8982 Views)

Solution To High Cost Of Solar Powered Boreholes (water Pumping) / About to purchase a submersible Pumping Machine, need info / Where Can I Buy A Water Pumping Machine Please! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Pumping Machine Is Faulty by fidorocks(m): 5:23pm On Mar 20, 2016
My pumping machine just got burnt. My landlord invited a plumber who said it will cost N17,000 to buy a new machine or he could change the coil for N6,000.

I don't know much about pumping machines and which option is a better one. I need people knowledgeable on it or had such experience to advise me.

Also are the prices reasonable?

Thank you.
Re: My Pumping Machine Is Faulty by rotecch77(m): 7:37pm On Mar 20, 2016
What is the type of the pump , surface or submersibl pump (bore hole pump) also what is the. Capacity I.e 1/2 horse power,3/4 HP or 1HP ...... If you can provide these answer I tell you the cost of new one .... Also you can repair it but it will not work as new one, but you can still use it for some time,so you can buy new one as standby in case of any failure from the old one
Re: My Pumping Machine Is Faulty by ladypinky(f): 7:47pm On Mar 20, 2016
Repairing it will take 3 days to fix it. Is best you get a new one and also fix the old one.

So u will have a back-up
Re: My Pumping Machine Is Faulty by Nobody: 7:54pm On Mar 20, 2016
fidorocks:
My pumping machine just got burnt. My landlord invited a plumber who said it will cost N17,000 to buy a new machine or he could change the coil for N6,000.

I don't know much about pumping machines and which option is a better one. I need people knowledgeable on it or had such experience to advise me.

Also are the prices reasonable?

Thank you.

How long has the old one served you? If its current salvage value is negligible, I would advice you get some money and get a new one. A new one of a good brand and quality, with a good capacity would serve you more efficiently. You aren't sure of the competency of the technician that'd change the coil, and the quality of work and materials(coil) he will use; else you may opt to manage the old one for now.

However, I am ignorant of the current market price and recent quality brands.
Re: My Pumping Machine Is Faulty by rydeorsail(m): 9:49pm On Mar 20, 2016
I will advice you to recoil. Because most of the pump are not meant for Nigeria Current fluctuation .But only if the technician uses a better copper wire and right gauge, same reason why made in Nigeria wire is always recommended in electrical wiring/installation

3 Likes

Re: My Pumping Machine Is Faulty by fidorocks(m): 12:31pm On Mar 21, 2016
Thanks everyone
Re: My Pumping Machine Is Faulty by topsy23: 1:09pm On Mar 21, 2016
rydeorsail:
I will advice you to recoil. Because most of the pump are not meant for Nigeria Current fluctuation .But only if the technician uses a better copper wire and right gauge, same reason why made in Nigeria wire is always recommended in electrical wiring/installation

Yes are right! Most of the pump in the market are aluminium coil but there are some that are copper coils. If the pump is an original pump, you can still go ahead and look for expert who can re-coil and also give you a guarantee.

There is a pump called LOWARA, presently they are the best in nigeria but VERY EXPENSIVE. There is only distributor in Lagos.
Re: My Pumping Machine Is Faulty by Kingsdave(m): 4:34am On Oct 09, 2022
rotecch77:
What is the type of the pump , surface or submersibl pump (bore hole pump) also what is the. Capacity I.e 1/2 horse power,3/4 HP or 1HP ...... If you can provide these answer I tell you the cost of new one .... Also you can repair it but it will not work as new one, but you can still use it for some time,so you can buy new one as standby in case of any failure from the old one
just noticed recently each time I try pumping water with my SPG 3000E automatic gen ... The sumo starts pumping in space of 3 minutes it cuts off and stops pumping ... I have tried to increase the voltage of the gen , it does the same thing... Is it from the gen or sumo
Re: My Pumping Machine Is Faulty by Kingsdave(m): 4:34am On Oct 09, 2022
rydeorsail:
just noticed recently each time I try pumping water with my SPG 3000E automatic gen ... The sumo starts pumping in space of 3 minutes it cuts off and stops pumping ... I have tried to increase the voltage of the gen , it does the same thing... Is it from the gen or sumo

(1) (Reply)

BITSWORKS PROJECT MEMOIRS: Construction Of 4 Units Of 2 Bedrooms Flat Mowo Nla / Painting Of A Nairalander's 5 Bedroom Duplex at Iyana Ipaja Lagos. / VIP Gardens Festac Now Selling, N7m With C of O

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.