Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,833 members, 7,820,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

NIS Regularises Recruitment Of 1,600 Personnel - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / NIS Regularises Recruitment Of 1,600 Personnel (2380 Views)

Recruitment For Entry-levels At Nigerian Immigration Service NIS / How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 / NIS Recruitment: FG Gives Automatic Employment To 105 Candidates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NIS Regularises Recruitment Of 1,600 Personnel by balateef(m): 9:24am On Mar 21, 2016
Adelani Adepegba, Abuja

There are strong indications that the management of the Nigeria Immigration Service has approved the recruitment of 1,600 personnel over which the erstwhile Comptroller -General of Immigration, David Parradang, was suspended by the Federal Government.

It was learnt that the candidates had been given letters of appointment and absorbed into the service by the Civil Defence, Fire, Immigration and Prisons Board.

Parradang was suspended by the Federal Government in August 2015 for allegedly recruiting the 1,600 personnel in violation of extant laws.

He was said to have issued appointment letters to 700 Assistant Inspectors of Immigration as well as admitting 900 Immigration Assistants III into the Nigeria Immigration Service without the CDFIPB approval.

Parradang, in his defence, had claimed that he carried out the recruitment based on a presidential directive by former President Goodluck Jonathan. However, his explanation did not impress the government which placed him on an indefinite suspension.

It was learnt that the panel that probed the recruitment exercise carried out by the former CG cleared him of any wrongdoing.

It was gathered that the findings of the panel had put the Federal Government in a dilemma and the Presidency was yet to decide whether to recall or retire Parradang who had been on suspension for about seven months.

Sources said the approval of the recruitment by the government had further vindicated the suspended CG and proved that he had not engaged in any illegality.

When contacted on Sunday, the NIS Public Relations Officer, Ekpedeme King, said he has no information on the development.

“I can’t confirm the regularisation of the recruitment by the former CG. I don’t have any information on it now,” he stated.

Copyright PUNCH.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NIS Regularises Recruitment Of 1,600 Personnel by balateef(m): 9:29am On Mar 21, 2016
Re: NIS Regularises Recruitment Of 1,600 Personnel by chocolateme(f): 9:32am On Mar 21, 2016
It is well with them
Re: NIS Regularises Recruitment Of 1,600 Personnel by jarrot(m): 9:50am On Mar 21, 2016
1,600?So no hope for recruitment? shocked
Baba God na your hand we dey!
Re: NIS Regularises Recruitment Of 1,600 Personnel by balateef(m): 9:52am On Mar 21, 2016
chocolateme:
It is well with them
Amen.
Re: NIS Regularises Recruitment Of 1,600 Personnel by samjadinero(m): 10:40am On Mar 21, 2016
DSS, Navy, NIS & NAF all gone. God, NPF or NA abeg. Do am for me. undecided
Re: NIS Regularises Recruitment Of 1,600 Personnel by Qualer: 10:56am On Mar 21, 2016
chocolateme:
It is well with them

it is o! Choco nwa, kee ije?! cheesy
Re: NIS Regularises Recruitment Of 1,600 Personnel by abimbawealth(f): 4:30pm On Mar 21, 2016
I pray...
Re: NIS Regularises Recruitment Of 1,600 Personnel by pongwa(m): 5:58pm On Mar 21, 2016
abimbawealth:
I pray...
seems like a rumour to me.....

but if it turns out to be true, I doubt any general recruitment again this year......but what about the remaining 400? I thought they were 2000. confused!
Re: NIS Regularises Recruitment Of 1,600 Personnel by Clarinett(m): 7:27pm On Mar 21, 2016
It is finished.
Re: NIS Regularises Recruitment Of 1,600 Personnel by abimbawealth(f): 7:27pm On Mar 21, 2016
pongwa:
seems like a rumour to me.....

but if it turns out to be true, I doubt any general recruitment again this year......but what about the remaining 400? I thought they were 2000. confused!
They are 2,000, but the public doesn't really know...
It's gonna happen...
Re: NIS Regularises Recruitment Of 1,600 Personnel by Mekyno(m): 8:34pm On Mar 21, 2016
For where? I bliv baba bubu for dis kin 1. We will all hear frm him.
Re: NIS Regularises Recruitment Of 1,600 Personnel by vambi: 10:57pm On Mar 21, 2016
To make your life less stressful and yet get all your tasks executed you can contact the taskmasters via 08139262047

(1) (Reply)

Job Vacancy With Nice pay .. Swift Responses Needed Only 4 Persons Needed. / Employment Opportunities / Check Inn Hotels Ibadan-job Vacancy Urgent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.