Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,766 members, 7,809,945 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:37 PM

Where Can A Zoologist Or Parasitologist Work In Nigeria?(HELP) - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Where Can A Zoologist Or Parasitologist Work In Nigeria?(HELP) (48657 Views)

Best Banks To Work In Nigeria: List Of Highest Paying Banks - FinancialWatchNgr / How Much Will It Cost To Write TOEFL In Nigeria? Help Me With Materials Too / Lady Sacked For Not Wearing Bra To Work In US (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Can A Zoologist Or Parasitologist Work In Nigeria?(HELP) by dtruseeker(m): 4:38pm On Mar 21, 2016
I have HND in microbiology/virology. I applied for membership in NISLT I got registered as a licensed associate member of the institute finally I got a job in a general hospital as a laboratory technologist. Maybe she should try d way I did

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Can A Zoologist Or Parasitologist Work In Nigeria?(HELP) by Nelkoko: 4:39pm On Mar 21, 2016
U don try MINISTRY OF PARASITE?

1 Like

Re: Where Can A Zoologist Or Parasitologist Work In Nigeria?(HELP) by rita25(f): 4:40pm On Mar 21, 2016
she did not know before ni? wen she dey fill jamb form you ask me? undecided
Re: Where Can A Zoologist Or Parasitologist Work In Nigeria?(HELP) by pwettiejay(f): 4:40pm On Mar 21, 2016
Aso rock! Governor's office!
Re: Where Can A Zoologist Or Parasitologist Work In Nigeria?(HELP) by Taryur3(m): 4:41pm On Mar 21, 2016
Well...this thread got me laugh up my ass...I graduated in same field though and I think am so lucky to find my self in america working and living well although single and no pressure on that.but I will advice your sister to find money and establish a farm so far she already has some experience.i promise she will be an employer of labour.but she should have applied for direct entry into medical school instead of masters in Parasitology. Ty hat was what I did before I quit and landed in this Hot land.
Re: Where Can A Zoologist Or Parasitologist Work In Nigeria?(HELP) by MadCow1: 4:42pm On Mar 21, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

U wey be MadCow suppose no na.. Zoologists dey study your type, win Nobel Prize. angry grin

The last Zoologist wey near me..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Can A Zoologist Or Parasitologist Work In Nigeria?(HELP) by suasmablow(m): 4:42pm On Mar 21, 2016
Go and ask Goodluck Jonathan where he has worked with his PH.D in zoology.
Re: Where Can A Zoologist Or Parasitologist Work In Nigeria?(HELP) by PapaCj: 4:44pm On Mar 21, 2016
Sambisa forest is always there 4 u dear.Success in ur new work.
Re: Where Can A Zoologist Or Parasitologist Work In Nigeria?(HELP) by Ada9103(f): 4:44pm On Mar 21, 2016
ikombe:
the girl above me tho grin
And what happened to the girl above you? cheesy

You can be the first Lady of the zoo called Nigeria angry
Re: Where Can A Zoologist Or Parasitologist Work In Nigeria?(HELP) by geesilver(m): 4:44pm On Mar 21, 2016
superior1:
A Zoologist once ruled Nigeria, ask her to contest Nigerian Presidency
Hahahahahahaha........nairalander, are u referring to otueke man.
Re: Where Can A Zoologist Or Parasitologist Work In Nigeria?(HELP) by Nobody: 4:45pm On Mar 21, 2016
MadCow1:

Lmfao.
Re: Where Can A Zoologist Or Parasitologist Work In Nigeria?(HELP) by AdeniyiA(m): 4:45pm On Mar 21, 2016
You can work in the Office of the President, as President, Federal Republic of Nigeria. if you doubt me, ask Ex-president Goodluck Jonathan ...smiley
Re: Where Can A Zoologist Or Parasitologist Work In Nigeria?(HELP) by lumeneng22: 4:45pm On Mar 21, 2016
Obasanjo farm ota Nigeria.
Re: Where Can A Zoologist Or Parasitologist Work In Nigeria?(HELP) by starwar(m): 4:46pm On Mar 21, 2016
Hawlahscho:
I'm here to dash everyone one like each. cool

NOW, EVERYONE ON THE FRONT PAGE HAS AT LEAST 1 LIKE smiley
EXCEPT ME sad

THANK ME LATER smiley
now u got it

Don't thank me

1 Like

Re: Where Can A Zoologist Or Parasitologist Work In Nigeria?(HELP) by YemziAdez(m): 4:46pm On Mar 21, 2016
Well I'm still an undergraduate, but I major in Entomology (study of insects) and I did my training at the Nigerian Institute of Medical Research, she could work there also I.e if they are recruiting.

2 Likes

Re: Where Can A Zoologist Or Parasitologist Work In Nigeria?(HELP) by martineinstein(m): 4:46pm On Mar 21, 2016
Ask. Gej

Re: Where Can A Zoologist Or Parasitologist Work In Nigeria?(HELP) by lantessy(m): 4:47pm On Mar 21, 2016
MadCow1:

grin cheesy
Re: Where Can A Zoologist Or Parasitologist Work In Nigeria?(HELP) by diva90: 4:47pm On Mar 21, 2016
In nigeria you don't have to do jobs that directly relate to your course of study. Looking for a job only in that field is like restricting yourself to a very very few options. She should be open to banking and administrative jobs and apply. There are people who read microbiology and work in banks. My parents were Zoologists, UNN alumnis from the 70's. Today they are successful business people. My dad ended up pursuing MBA courses etc. so my dear, tell her to spread her wings and stop limiting herself. It might not be what she likes to do but it's the best option

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Can A Zoologist Or Parasitologist Work In Nigeria?(HELP) by 4nobody4every1: 4:48pm On Mar 21, 2016
MadCow1:
If you ask Jonathan, His Answer will be the Presidency..

If you ask Nnamdi kanu He will say Everybody working in Nigeria is working in a Zoo..

grin

But seriously though, if any of my Children say na Zoology, Parsitology or any mumu Art Course dem wan read, they better make sure its on a full scholarship because I will not waste my money training such a Child. angry

Na so I go just look the Pikin;

grin grin

Re: Where Can A Zoologist Or Parasitologist Work In Nigeria?(HELP) by emeka2847: 4:49pm On Mar 21, 2016
He can work in the hospital lab and join johesu to begin to fight doctors. No be Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Where Can A Zoologist Or Parasitologist Work In Nigeria?(HELP) by 4nobody4every1: 4:49pm On Mar 21, 2016
MadCow1:

cool

1 Like

Re: Where Can A Zoologist Or Parasitologist Work In Nigeria?(HELP) by Nobody: 4:49pm On Mar 21, 2016
Normally, she is supposed to function among animals (how many zoos or animals do we have in Nigeria? Guys have killed all the animals for pepper-soul delicious) or as biochemist. Except you want her to work in a bank.
Re: Where Can A Zoologist Or Parasitologist Work In Nigeria?(HELP) by ALLPISHON: 4:50pm On Mar 21, 2016
sorry to say "i can smell a resource waster here". Now, your sister must make sure that she thinks through and come back to appologise to NL for waisting our time and immediately share her testimony. Recieve grace for your sister to breakthrough in thinking in Jesus name and everybody in this category.
Re: Where Can A Zoologist Or Parasitologist Work In Nigeria?(HELP) by Hawlahscho(m): 4:50pm On Mar 21, 2016
starwar:
now u got it

Don't thank me
grin
Re: Where Can A Zoologist Or Parasitologist Work In Nigeria?(HELP) by Nascimento(m): 4:50pm On Mar 21, 2016
Safari29:
Dear Nairalander, my sister had a B.Sc in Zoology couple of years ago and she couldn't find a work place that befit her course of study, she went further to obtain her Masters in Parasitology hopping to increase her chance of employment alas she still cannot find a befitting workplace. Shes presently working as a casual staff in a law firm earning a peanut and shes worried about not using her certs to get a befitting job. Please i need your help on likely companies she can apply to. thanks very much for your reply in advance.

The mistake we do in Nigeria is that, we assume that putting in for masters will give us greater chances of getting a job. If u are going in for a course in school and u don't no who ur future employers are; then u are in for a long shayt. *not trying to be rude Bro.

Since she has a masters in Parasitology, let her check on National Institute of ARBOVIRUS enugu, Institute of human virology Abuja, national trypanosomiais research Institute kaduna, or nation medical research Institute Lagos. Or better still apply for a lecturing position.

3 Likes

Re: Where Can A Zoologist Or Parasitologist Work In Nigeria?(HELP) by Nobody: 4:52pm On Mar 21, 2016
superior1:
A Zoologist once ruled Nigeria, ask her to contest Nigerian Presidency
...good idea. Just that we all know what happened when that Zoologist ruled Nigeria.
Re: Where Can A Zoologist Or Parasitologist Work In Nigeria?(HELP) by tosyne2much(m): 4:53pm On Mar 21, 2016
datalossvictim1:

grin grin
I'm serious oooo

1 Like

Re: Where Can A Zoologist Or Parasitologist Work In Nigeria?(HELP) by gbengus17: 4:53pm On Mar 21, 2016
IN THE SENATE OR HOUSE OF REPS===WHERE WE HAVE A COLLECTIONS OF ANIMALS, THAT HO ONE KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE DOING
Re: Where Can A Zoologist Or Parasitologist Work In Nigeria?(HELP) by Correspondence(m): 4:53pm On Mar 21, 2016
CosmeticChemist:
I will suggest she try hospitals. She might be lucky to get a job in the lab. Ignore those comments above me, too many children on Nairaland

Which hospital? Human hospital or animal hospital? Note that her Parasitology studied is in line with zoology. Therefore, her msc is in Animal Parasitology. He can't work in human hospital.

2 Likes

Re: Where Can A Zoologist Or Parasitologist Work In Nigeria?(HELP) by Greenback: 4:54pm On Mar 21, 2016
Freelancer007:
The Best place for a zoologist is za zoo called naijiriya.. grin Thank me later!

..hehe
Re: Where Can A Zoologist Or Parasitologist Work In Nigeria?(HELP) by goshen26: 4:55pm On Mar 21, 2016
This is what happen wen u want to go to uni by all means...Poly gives them good course they will say No..and they can't wait for better time in Uni.

best of luck
Re: Where Can A Zoologist Or Parasitologist Work In Nigeria?(HELP) by Nobody: 4:55pm On Mar 21, 2016
MadCow1:
If you ask Jonathan, His Answer will be the Presidency..

If you ask Nnamdi kanu He will say Everybody working in Nigeria is working in a Zoo..

grin

But seriously though, if any of my Children say na Zoology, Parsitology or any mumu Art Course dem wan read, they better make sure its on a full scholarship because I will not waste my money training such a Child. angry

Na so I go just look the Pikin;

...I have not smiled since this year commenced,but today you made me smile.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Breaking news : ICAN releases the result of 2016 May Diet Exam / Unpopular Tech Jobs That Pay More Than The Popular Ones / Female Graduate Who Sells Fruit In Benue (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.