Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,377 members, 7,819,369 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

5 Steps To Beat The Admission Cut-off Of Any Nigerian University - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5 Steps To Beat The Admission Cut-off Of Any Nigerian University (15650 Views)

Complains On The Admission Process Of LASU For 2017/2018 / Jamb Publishes Step-by-step Process Of The Admission Exercise To Tertiary Inst. / JAMB To Validate The Admission Lists Of Various Tertiary Institutions This Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Steps To Beat The Admission Cut-off Of Any Nigerian University by Harfisco(m): 12:16pm On Mar 22, 2016
[quote author=EduRegard post=43976741]On here are some 5 steps you should take if you want to comfortably beat the cutoff of any Nigerian Institution, as regards Admission.

STEP ONE: BACKGROUND CHECK

A lot of candidates we have encountered always have poor information about how the exams they are going to write will play out; they have no clue of how many questions they will be asked, or what form of examination they will be subjected to, this is why background check is paramount.

You should know beforehand whether you are writing a paper based test or a computer based examination, your background check will help you know how much time is allocated to your paper, this will help you in your studies as you can time yourself as you practice questions you come across and hence give you an edge over thousands of candidates who only find out about the time allocated for the paper just minutes before the exam commences.

Also you should check to know the terrain of the school, if possible travel to the school and ask around, where are you going to lodge before the exam? ensure you have somewhere to lodge a day or two before your examination, many students take this for granted but it affects them negatively and their result non the better, if you did not sleep and rest well before going for an important exam such as your post-utme you could find yourself stressed and uncomfortable prior to the start of your examination and you might not get to give your best or get the best result.
Ask yourself this; did I do well in JAMB because I was more at home while writing the examination? If your answer is yes then you should do your background check and make yourself more at home prior to writing your post-utme.
Finally try to find and lay your hands on any information you can about your school and department of choice because a simple piece of information e.g knowing required subject combination, could prove the difference between you and the next naïve candidate out there.

STEP TWO: SET YOUR TARGET

Your background check should tell you what the cut-off mark of your department of choice is, hence your action point; You have to set a target for yourself and determine in your heart that you can achieve it, then work towards it and believe me you will achieve it and even surpass it if you follow these steps. Make sure the only thing that removes sleep from your eye is how to successfully meet your target score, study! Study!! Study!!!

Ensure that whatever target you set is above what you scored in JAMB because you will need to better your performance in JAMB to ensure that you make the merit list of your department and school.
Make Sure You Read This Facts You Should Know About UI Post UTME 2016 & Admission

STEP THREE: STUDY WITH PAST-QUESTIONS

My dear candidate please do not deceive yourself, no one is an island of knowledge, don’t expect to pass your post-utme in flying colors; like we said in the background check if you do not have a clear understanding of the questions you are going to face and what likely areas your questions might come from then you might just not meet your target.

So please do your best to lay your hands on relevant past-questions that apply to your school and department and study with them. As you do the sky will be your stepping stone.

STEP FOUR: FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS!!

I have seen students who prepared hard for post-utme but didn’t get the chance of writing their examination simply because they just didn’t follow a simple instruction; imagine a case where a candidate was sent out of an examination hall because he was caught using a calculator where the instructions clearly abhors such, or another case where a female student was sent home from the post-utme exam venue for indecent dressing.

The list is endless, so dear candidate we advise that you follow every instruction given by your school of choice before, during and after the examination.

Read every question carefully before you attempt to answer and DO NOT spend too much time on one question. Make sure you read the instruction on the question paper and answer each question accordingly.

STEP FIVE: INVOLVE GOD

No matter your target in this world if God does not approve of it you are definitely heading nowhere, on that note we urge you to pray fervently to your God regarding your post-utme and your admission in general, no matter your religion do not underestimate the divine power of your maker, involve your maker and I promise you are on your way to success.

With these steps, success isn't assured but it is close to you, good luck with your Admission-seeking endeavours.
i followed these steps and i scored 68/100 in my putme puting to rest any doubt of not gaining admission,but still yet my name was missing in d first list,when i realise things was getting out of hands i av to press a button to aid my admission thanks to d VC list what will i be saying today.
Re: 5 Steps To Beat The Admission Cut-off Of Any Nigerian University by Bobbieydeey: 12:22pm On Mar 22, 2016
herbie27:
dis ur mentality needs to be checked.

People who buy spaces are those who refused to read.

Mehn bro forget, some schools are so corrupt even if you pass you won't still get admitted
Re: 5 Steps To Beat The Admission Cut-off Of Any Nigerian University by Nobody: 12:24pm On Mar 22, 2016
Houseofglam7:
Abeg, my charger don burn Who get Nokia pin charger
come over to my place and get it cool
Re: 5 Steps To Beat The Admission Cut-off Of Any Nigerian University by CurrentSamuel(m): 12:38pm On Mar 22, 2016
UNIBEN ASPIRANTS ANY ISSUE RELATING TO
STEP ONE (1) STEP TWO (2) STEP FOUR(4)
I CAN HELP YOU SOLVE THEM
STEP 3 WHICH IS STUDYING YOUR PAST QUESTION DO IT YOURSELF STEP 5 WHICH IS INVOLVING GOD DO IT YOURSELF. 08160908587.
Re: 5 Steps To Beat The Admission Cut-off Of Any Nigerian University by Nobody: 12:41pm On Mar 22, 2016
herbie27:
dis ur mentality needs to be checked.

People who buy spaces are those who refused to read.
i scored above 220 last yr am still at home because i didn't call one lecturer to give him or her 50k, this yr i scored above 220 buh i must meet one lecturer bro, Corruption is everywhere bro
Re: 5 Steps To Beat The Admission Cut-off Of Any Nigerian University by Nobody: 12:47pm On Mar 22, 2016
Bobbieydeey:

Mehn bro forget, some schools are so corrupt even if you pass you won't still get admitted
pass wit distinction and you will definitely be admitted.

Miss please!.
Re: 5 Steps To Beat The Admission Cut-off Of Any Nigerian University by Nobody: 12:51pm On Mar 22, 2016
Zceesneh:
i scored above 220 last yr am still at home because i didn't call one lecturer to give him or her 50k, this yr i scored above 220 buh i must meet one lecturer bro, Corruption is everywhere bro
i scored 229 last year n scored 54 in post ume bt wasn't admitted because my course cut off was 64.

Am preparing for dis one and it wasn't any once fault bt mine, so the only way out is 2 do better next time.

Do u knw dat wen u read and pass an exam u will be pleased wit urself bt wen u sort to get in u will smile bt deep down u knw u didn't achieve dat all by urself.
Re: 5 Steps To Beat The Admission Cut-off Of Any Nigerian University by Arisheloaded(m): 12:53pm On Mar 22, 2016
DJBIGGY:

If what he says is true I do not blame him. There are many qualified candidates out there who seek admission for years without results. Last time I checked a thread made FP on that. Admission is not how it used to be and if care is not taken, we would need connections to eat. May God just help us

Some people already need connection to eat. To get a job in this country, you may need to have a sure connection and that makes us need connection to wat already. Someone who can't be his own boss (Vocational skills) may need connection to eat always.

May God see us through! Everything na man know man.
Re: 5 Steps To Beat The Admission Cut-off Of Any Nigerian University by Nobody: 12:58pm On Mar 22, 2016
Bobbieydeey:

i did pree degree in uniport my average 464 out of 800 and my friend dat had 469 was admitted from the same programme and i was asked to bring N150 to be admitted bt my parents are against malpractice and believe that as a student u put in more effort next time.

That is the ideology every1 in my family gains admission wit nt sorting.
Re: 5 Steps To Beat The Admission Cut-off Of Any Nigerian University by Elxandre(m): 1:06pm On Mar 22, 2016
herbie27:
i scored 229 last year n scored 54 in post ume bt wasn't admitted because my course cut off was 64.

Am preparing for dis one and it wasn't any once fault bt mine, so the only way out is 2 do better next time.

Do u knw dat wen u read and pass an exam u will be pleased wit urself bt wen u sort to get in u will smile bt deep down u knw u didn't achieve dat all by urself.
Had 240 and 72%, and the list was flooded with people who didn't get near the cut off at all.
What do you think the cut off would be after flooding the quota with mediocre students?
It would be damn high! Because few students will compete for the little space left.

Almost 100 students got admitted to comp Sci dept, but just about 20 or even fewer names made merit list, while a whopping percentage got in through 'runs'.

Nigeria don scatter jare.

Only a few schools in Nigeria are still reputable with less corruption.
Re: 5 Steps To Beat The Admission Cut-off Of Any Nigerian University by mukhcech(m): 1:10pm On Mar 22, 2016
STEP FIVE: INVOLVE GOD

No matter your target in this world if God does not approve of it you are definitely heading nowhere, on that note we urge you to pray fervently to your God regarding your post-utme and your admission in general, no matter your religion do not underestimate the divine power of your maker, involve your maker and I promise you are on your way to success.

With these steps, success isn't assured but it is close to you, good luck with your Admission-seeking endeav........

I was in 300L at Unilorin. I decided to do a little faith discovery. I followed the above steps with only making step 5 to be step one(the op guffed big time on making God the last step.)

I took jamb with only my mum's knowledge. Scored 225. Post utme 73% course; computer science and I was given admission.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Steps To Beat The Admission Cut-off Of Any Nigerian University by Nobody: 1:13pm On Mar 22, 2016
It's better to read everything u Come across. From my experience, uniport,delsu dey hardly repeat questions,so if u end up reading just sch past questions,u r likely to fail. Or pay ur way in...and pray also.u might score high buh ur name still won't be on d list. grin
Re: 5 Steps To Beat The Admission Cut-off Of Any Nigerian University by Bobbieydeey: 1:21pm On Mar 22, 2016
herbie27:
pass wit distinction and you will definitely be admitted.

Miss please!.

We are not fighting, we are Nigerians and we know how things go........ Goto uniabuja and see things then you wonder the future of this countrys' educational system.

I'm not saying it's not good to read but let's face reality..... Not all schools tho.
Re: 5 Steps To Beat The Admission Cut-off Of Any Nigerian University by kristylopezz: 1:24pm On Mar 22, 2016
[b][/b]
herbie27:
if u bought space for him to be admitted, there is no way he will be doing well cos is obvious he knws nothing.

You can't be serious. Are you?
Are you in this country at all?

1 Like

Re: 5 Steps To Beat The Admission Cut-off Of Any Nigerian University by Bobbieydeey: 1:24pm On Mar 22, 2016
emmijes3:
It's better to read everything u Come across. From my experience, uniport,delsu dey hardly repeat questions,so if u end up reading just sch past questions,u r likely to fail. Or pay ur way in...and pray also.u might score high buh ur name still won't be on d list. grin

All I'm trying to tell herbie27. You wld score high, get the right combinations but your name won't be out on merit for some strange reason
Re: 5 Steps To Beat The Admission Cut-off Of Any Nigerian University by Bobbieydeey: 1:25pm On Mar 22, 2016
kristylopezz:
[b][/b]

You can't be serious. Are you?
Are you in this country at all?

Lol I wonder
Re: 5 Steps To Beat The Admission Cut-off Of Any Nigerian University by Bobbieydeey: 1:27pm On Mar 22, 2016
Zceesneh:
It's just sad, what school btw?
Re: 5 Steps To Beat The Admission Cut-off Of Any Nigerian University by Nobody: 1:29pm On Mar 22, 2016
herbie27:
if u bought space for him to be admitted, there is no way he will be doing well cos is obviously he knws nothing.

Lol

he is doing exceedingly well

I bought a space because I want him to given is preferred course of study..he did very well in the entrance exam...the money is to secure a slot in mechanical engineering...He was granted admission before in petroleum engineering.
Re: 5 Steps To Beat The Admission Cut-off Of Any Nigerian University by Sylvester70(m): 1:36pm On Mar 22, 2016
mr op those that followed ur steps this year don start to the find work we dem go dey do while those that have the oxygen of life didnt even think of ur steps and their names are already on the book of life.
Re: 5 Steps To Beat The Admission Cut-off Of Any Nigerian University by Nobody: 1:37pm On Mar 22, 2016
eitsei:
When you know you don't have any encouraging words to say you would have done better by keeping mute...

The truth is always bitter.
Re: 5 Steps To Beat The Admission Cut-off Of Any Nigerian University by Nobody: 1:40pm On Mar 22, 2016
TastyTuoyo:

Lol

he is doing exceedingly well

I bought a space because I want him to given is preferred course of study..he did very well in the entrance exam...the money is to secure a slot in mechanical engineering...He was granted admission before in petroleum engineering.
baba abeg no mind dem jor nah watin make me siddon for house up till now be that abeg drop your number or pin or flash me here i need to talk to you 07069235723

1 Like

Re: 5 Steps To Beat The Admission Cut-off Of Any Nigerian University by Nobody: 1:53pm On Mar 22, 2016
Elxandre:

Had 240 and 72%, and the list was flooded with people who didn't get near the cut off at all.
What do you think the cut off would be after flooding the quota with mediocre students?
It would be damn high! Because few students will compete for the little space left.

Almost 100 students got admitted to comp Sci dept, but just about 20 or even fewer names made merit list, while a whopping percentage got in through 'runs'.

Nigeria don scatter jare.

Only a few schools in Nigeria are still reputable with less corruption.
that is why is good to apply in2 these reputable universities and use ur head dan runs.

Which university did u apply for?.
Re: 5 Steps To Beat The Admission Cut-off Of Any Nigerian University by Nobody: 2:04pm On Mar 22, 2016
Bobbieydeey:

It's just sad, what school btw?
unn last yr buh this yr i applied for absu
Re: 5 Steps To Beat The Admission Cut-off Of Any Nigerian University by Elxandre(m): 2:05pm On Mar 22, 2016
herbie27:
that is why is good to apply in2 these reputable universities and use ur head dan runs.

Am out of here.
Funny enough, these reputable universities are just about 2 in Nigeria right now.

I'm not telling you to use runs, just talking about the situation of things as a realist.
Re: 5 Steps To Beat The Admission Cut-off Of Any Nigerian University by Nobody: 2:10pm On Mar 22, 2016
Elxandre:

Funny enough, these reputable universities are just about 2 in Nigeria right now.

I'm not telling you to use runs, just talking about the situation of things as a realist.
i guess Uniben and?.
Re: 5 Steps To Beat The Admission Cut-off Of Any Nigerian University by falcon2020(m): 2:13pm On Mar 22, 2016
Stuntkid172:
Op u lai. Let me tell u. It goes like this. NO 1; Involve God. Then 2,3,4,5 follw. Abi na lai
guess u are right?u are obviously correct
Re: 5 Steps To Beat The Admission Cut-off Of Any Nigerian University by Elxandre(m): 2:33pm On Mar 22, 2016
herbie27:
i guess Uniben and?.
UI is the most truthful university in Nigeria!
OAU follows.

UNIBEN dey try, but corruption is still there. They aren't so bad sha.
Re: 5 Steps To Beat The Admission Cut-off Of Any Nigerian University by ben1daEbiri(m): 3:21pm On Mar 22, 2016
TastyTuoyo:

i bought a space for my younger brother last year at FUPRE @ 75 thousand naria.
FUPRE?I knew it,corruption has taken over the school,i wrote post utme twice there and was score 10 and 18 respectively,elxandre can tell you more!
Re: 5 Steps To Beat The Admission Cut-off Of Any Nigerian University by ben1daEbiri(m): 3:24pm On Mar 22, 2016
fattbabakay:
If that's true, then he is obviously brilliant and could have gotten in without any cheat, so why pull the trick in the first place...
I know i posted this already but I'll say it again,Your brains alone cannot admit you at FUPRE,ask anyone who has written post utme there before!
Re: 5 Steps To Beat The Admission Cut-off Of Any Nigerian University by Elxandre(m): 3:27pm On Mar 22, 2016
ben1daEbiri:
FUPRE?I knew it,corruption has taken over the school,i wrote post utme twice there and was score 10 and 18 respectively,elx.andre can tell you more!
You wrote there last year?
18? Hehehe...

But there wasn't mass failure.
Re: 5 Steps To Beat The Admission Cut-off Of Any Nigerian University by ben1daEbiri(m): 3:35pm On Mar 22, 2016
Elxandre:
You wrote there last year? 18? Hehehe...
No! There was.The school is damn corrupt!
Re: 5 Steps To Beat The Admission Cut-off Of Any Nigerian University by ben1daEbiri(m): 3:36pm On Mar 22, 2016
Elxandre:
You wrote there last year? 18? Hehehe...
No! There was.The school is damn corrupt!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Asian Education: Better Than Western Education? / Unad 2011/2012 Postume & Admission / List Of Scholarships Approaching Deadline, Apply Here Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.