Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,298 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:27 AM

5 Steps To Beat The Admission Cut-off Of Any Nigerian University - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5 Steps To Beat The Admission Cut-off Of Any Nigerian University (15578 Views)

Complains On The Admission Process Of LASU For 2017/2018 / Jamb Publishes Step-by-step Process Of The Admission Exercise To Tertiary Inst. / JAMB To Validate The Admission Lists Of Various Tertiary Institutions This Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Steps To Beat The Admission Cut-off Of Any Nigerian University by EduRegard: 4:23pm On Mar 21, 2016
On here are some 5 steps you should take if you want to comfortably beat the cutoff of any Nigerian Institution, as regards Admission.

STEP ONE: BACKGROUND CHECK

A lot of candidates we have encountered always have poor information about how the exams they are going to write will play out; they have no clue of how many questions they will be asked, or what form of examination they will be subjected to, this is why background check is paramount.

You should know beforehand whether you are writing a paper based test or a computer based examination, your background check will help you know how much time is allocated to your paper, this will help you in your studies as you can time yourself as you practice questions you come across and hence give you an edge over thousands of candidates who only find out about the time allocated for the paper just minutes before the exam commences.

Also you should check to know the terrain of the school, if possible travel to the school and ask around, where are you going to lodge before the exam? ensure you have somewhere to lodge a day or two before your examination, many students take this for granted but it affects them negatively and their result non the better, if you did not sleep and rest well before going for an important exam such as your post-utme you could find yourself stressed and uncomfortable prior to the start of your examination and you might not get to give your best or get the best result.
Ask yourself this; did I do well in JAMB because I was more at home while writing the examination? If your answer is yes then you should do your background check and make yourself more at home prior to writing your post-utme.
Finally try to find and lay your hands on any information you can about your school and department of choice because a simple piece of information e.g knowing required subject combination, could prove the difference between you and the next naïve candidate out there.

STEP TWO: SET YOUR TARGET

Your background check should tell you what the cut-off mark of your department of choice is, hence your action point; You have to set a target for yourself and determine in your heart that you can achieve it, then work towards it and believe me you will achieve it and even surpass it if you follow these steps. Make sure the only thing that removes sleep from your eye is how to successfully meet your target score, study! Study!! Study!!!

Ensure that whatever target you set is above what you scored in JAMB because you will need to better your performance in JAMB to ensure that you make the merit list of your department and school.
Make Sure You Read This Facts You Should Know About UI Post UTME 2016 & Admission

STEP THREE: STUDY WITH PAST-QUESTIONS

My dear candidate please do not deceive yourself, no one is an island of knowledge, don’t expect to pass your post-utme in flying colors; like we said in the background check if you do not have a clear understanding of the questions you are going to face and what likely areas your questions might come from then you might just not meet your target.

So please do your best to lay your hands on relevant past-questions that apply to your school and department and study with them. As you do the sky will be your stepping stone.

STEP FOUR: FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS!!

I have seen students who prepared hard for post-utme but didn’t get the chance of writing their examination simply because they just didn’t follow a simple instruction; imagine a case where a candidate was sent out of an examination hall because he was caught using a calculator where the instructions clearly abhors such, or another case where a female student was sent home from the post-utme exam venue for indecent dressing.

The list is endless, so dear candidate we advise that you follow every instruction given by your school of choice before, during and after the examination.

Read every question carefully before you attempt to answer and DO NOT spend too much time on one question. Make sure you read the instruction on the question paper and answer each question accordingly.

STEP FIVE: INVOLVE GOD

No matter your target in this world if God does not approve of it you are definitely heading nowhere, on that note we urge you to pray fervently to your God regarding your post-utme and your admission in general, no matter your religion do not underestimate the divine power of your maker, involve your maker and I promise you are on your way to success.

With these steps, success isn't assured but it is close to you, good luck with your Admission-seeking endeavours.

SOURCE : http://eduregard.com.ng/5-steps-beat-admission-cut-off-nigerian-university/

15 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 5 Steps To Beat The Admission Cut-off Of Any Nigerian University by Nobody: 5:23pm On Mar 21, 2016
Yawns!

Forget about those steps....Admission into most Nigeria Universities is all about buying space.

A space cost nothing less than 50 to 100 thousand naria.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Steps To Beat The Admission Cut-off Of Any Nigerian University by xender(m): 6:11pm On Mar 21, 2016
the guy above is not far from the truth but study hard to get to the first list(first batch) they no dey buy da one

3 Likes

Re: 5 Steps To Beat The Admission Cut-off Of Any Nigerian University by fattbabakay(m): 7:19pm On Mar 21, 2016
TastyTuoyo:
Yawns!

Forget about those steps....Admission into most Nigeria Universities is all about buying space.

Are you a student?? And how much did u buy your space??
Re: 5 Steps To Beat The Admission Cut-off Of Any Nigerian University by Nobody: 7:53pm On Mar 21, 2016
fattbabakay:
Are you a student?? And how much did u buy your space??

i bought a space for my younger brother last year at FUPRE @ 75 thousand naria.
Re: 5 Steps To Beat The Admission Cut-off Of Any Nigerian University by EduRegard: 10:19pm On Mar 21, 2016
TastyTuoyo:

i bought a space for my younger brother last year at FUPRE @ 75 thousand naria.
U might wanna start saving money to buy him a job too

9 Likes

Re: 5 Steps To Beat The Admission Cut-off Of Any Nigerian University by Nobody: 10:57pm On Mar 21, 2016
EduRegard:
U might wanna start saving money to buy him a job too

LoL

I won't buy him a job...

He will create jobs.

You might think he is a dullard because I booked a space for him. Please erase that ugly thought. He is currently doing well and among the best three in his department. (Mechanical engineering)..Dont quote me again.
Re: 5 Steps To Beat The Admission Cut-off Of Any Nigerian University by fattbabakay(m): 12:37am On Mar 22, 2016
TastyTuoyo:

LoL

I won't buy him a job...

He will create jobs.

You might think he is a dullard because I booked a space for him. Please erase that ugly thought. He is currently doing well and among the best three in his department. (Mechanical engineering)..Dont quote me again.
If that's true, then he is obviously brilliant and could have gotten in without any cheat, so why pull the trick in the first place...
Re: 5 Steps To Beat The Admission Cut-off Of Any Nigerian University by Olukokosir(m): 11:43am On Mar 22, 2016
Jst passing by

1 Like

Re: 5 Steps To Beat The Admission Cut-off Of Any Nigerian University by Hairstyle27: 11:44am On Mar 22, 2016
Forget this 5 step ohhh jare!!! u nid a god father

1 Like

Re: 5 Steps To Beat The Admission Cut-off Of Any Nigerian University by deedollarman: 11:44am On Mar 22, 2016
gain admission without jamb into 200 level via ijmb, visit www.aboutijmb.com
Re: 5 Steps To Beat The Admission Cut-off Of Any Nigerian University by komododragons: 11:46am On Mar 22, 2016
EduRegard:
On here are some 5 steps you should take if you want to comfortably beat the cutoff of any Nigerian Institution, as regards Admission.

STEP ONE: BACKGROUND CHECK

A lot of candidates we have encountered always have poor information about how the exams they are going to write will play out; they have no clue of how many questions they will be asked, or what form of examination they will be subjected to, this is why background check is paramount.

You should know beforehand whether you are writing a paper based test or a computer based examination, your background check will help you know how much time is allocated to your paper, this will help you in your studies as you can time yourself as you practice questions you come across and hence give you an edge over thousands of candidates who only find out about the time allocated for the paper just minutes before the exam commences.

Also you should check to know the terrain of the school, if possible travel to the school and ask around, where are you going to lodge before the exam? ensure you have somewhere to lodge a day or two before your examination, many students take this for granted but it affects them negatively and their result non the better, if you did not sleep and rest well before going for an important exam such as your post-utme you could find yourself stressed and uncomfortable prior to the start of your examination and you might not get to give your best or get the best result.
Ask yourself this; did I do well in JAMB because I was more at home while writing the examination? If your answer is yes then you should do your background check and make yourself more at home prior to writing your post-utme.
Finally try to find and lay your hands on any information you can about your school and department of choice because a simple piece of information e.g knowing required subject combination, could prove the difference between you and the next naïve candidate out there.

STEP TWO: SET YOUR TARGET

Your background check should tell you what the cut-off mark of your department of choice is, hence your action point; You have to set a target for yourself and determine in your heart that you can achieve it, then work towards it and believe me you will achieve it and even surpass it if you follow these steps. Make sure the only thing that removes sleep from your eye is how to successfully meet your target score, study! Study!! Study!!!

Ensure that whatever target you set is above what you scored in JAMB because you will need to better your performance in JAMB to ensure that you make the merit list of your department and school.
Make Sure You Read This Facts You Should Know About UI Post UTME 2016 & Admission

STEP THREE: STUDY WITH PAST-QUESTIONS

My dear candidate please do not deceive yourself, no one is an island of knowledge, don’t expect to pass your post-utme in flying colors; like we said in the background check if you do not have a clear understanding of the questions you are going to face and what likely areas your questions might come from then you might just not meet your target.

So please do your best to lay your hands on relevant past-questions that apply to your school and department and study with them. As you do the sky will be your stepping stone.

STEP FOUR: FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS!!

I have seen students who prepared hard for post-utme but didn’t get the chance of writing their examination simply because they just didn’t follow a simple instruction; imagine a case where a candidate was sent out of an examination hall because he was caught using a calculator where the instructions clearly abhors such, or another case where a female student was sent home from the post-utme exam venue for indecent dressing.

The list is endless, so dear candidate we advise that you follow every instruction given by your school of choice before, during and after the examination.

Read every question carefully before you attempt to answer and DO NOT spend too much time on one question. Make sure you read the instruction on the question paper and answer each question accordingly.

STEP FIVE: INVOLVE GOD

No matter your target in this world if God does not approve of it you are definitely heading nowhere, on that note we urge you to pray fervently to your God regarding your post-utme and your admission in general, no matter your religion do not underestimate the divine power of your maker, involve your maker and I promise you are on your way to success.

With these steps, success isn't assured but it is close to you, good luck with your Admission-seeking endeavours.

SOURCE : http://eduregard.com/5-steps-beat-admission-cut-off-nigerian-university/

1. sleep
2.sleep
3.sleep
4. write the exam
5. know someone who know someone and talk with that person in the SCH for admission and you got your admission

simple

1 Like

Re: 5 Steps To Beat The Admission Cut-off Of Any Nigerian University by Stuntkid172(m): 11:47am On Mar 22, 2016
Op u lai. Let me tell u. It goes like this. NO 1; Involve God. Then 2,3,4,5 follw. Abi na lai

2 Likes

Re: 5 Steps To Beat The Admission Cut-off Of Any Nigerian University by Nobody: 11:47am On Mar 22, 2016
OP just typing rubbish.

This is Nigeria, and with my experience so far, here are the five steps.

1) prepare at least 70-100k
2)look for those that knows how and wen that is know we you OF the university through d help of d SUG President
3) discuss with them .tell them this your fifth time of writing post utme
4)pay half of the money. e.g 35k after its Don, u pay d balance
5)go to church, beg God for forgiveness. walk back home, buy fuel, on generator and start to dance oya show me shoki

3 Likes

Re: 5 Steps To Beat The Admission Cut-off Of Any Nigerian University by Koats14(m): 11:49am On Mar 22, 2016
Donariok:
h
for once, type something better.
Re: 5 Steps To Beat The Admission Cut-off Of Any Nigerian University by Nienie(f): 11:50am On Mar 22, 2016
That was then.
Nowadays:
Step1: Involve God.
Step3: know someone.
Steps: write the exam.
Step4: have money for diploma/space.
Step5: Involve God.
They've messed up the educational system in this country.
Re: 5 Steps To Beat The Admission Cut-off Of Any Nigerian University by Houseofglam7(f): 11:50am On Mar 22, 2016
Abeg, my charger don burn
Who get Nokia pin charger
Re: 5 Steps To Beat The Admission Cut-off Of Any Nigerian University by eitsei(m): 11:51am On Mar 22, 2016
TastyTuoyo:
Yawns!

When you know you don't have any encouraging words to say you would have done better by keeping mute...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Steps To Beat The Admission Cut-off Of Any Nigerian University by Sunmibare6(m): 11:55am On Mar 22, 2016
#On point,bur atimes good preparation is the best#: Point, une bonne préparation de bur génération-là est le ........."Merci"
Re: 5 Steps To Beat The Admission Cut-off Of Any Nigerian University by Chrixtopha(m): 11:56am On Mar 22, 2016
only step 5 matters in FUTO post UTME

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Steps To Beat The Admission Cut-off Of Any Nigerian University by INTERMAN: 11:59am On Mar 22, 2016
OYO lowa o
Re: 5 Steps To Beat The Admission Cut-off Of Any Nigerian University by jericco1(m): 11:59am On Mar 22, 2016
it worked for me sha.
Re: 5 Steps To Beat The Admission Cut-off Of Any Nigerian University by Nobody: 12:00pm On Mar 22, 2016
Koats14:
for once, type something better.
lol. I was booking space na
Re: 5 Steps To Beat The Admission Cut-off Of Any Nigerian University by DJBIGGY(m): 12:04pm On Mar 22, 2016
fattbabakay:
If that's true, then he is obviously brilliant and could have gotten in without any cheat, so why pull the trick in the first place...

If what he says is true I do not blame him. There are many qualified candidates out there who seek admission for years without results. Last time I checked a thread made FP on that. Admission is not how it used to be and if care is not taken, we would need connections to eat. May God just help us
Re: 5 Steps To Beat The Admission Cut-off Of Any Nigerian University by Nobody: 12:04pm On Mar 22, 2016
TastyTuoyo:
Yawns!

dis ur mentality needs to be checked.

People who buy spaces are those who refused to read.
Re: 5 Steps To Beat The Admission Cut-off Of Any Nigerian University by Nobody: 12:06pm On Mar 22, 2016
TastyTuoyo:

LoL

I won't buy him a job...

He will create jobs.

if u bought space for him to be admitted, there is no way he will be doing well cos is obvious he knws nothing.

1 Like

Re: 5 Steps To Beat The Admission Cut-off Of Any Nigerian University by adedam007(m): 12:08pm On Mar 22, 2016
Re: 5 Steps To Beat The Admission Cut-off Of Any Nigerian University by Koats14(m): 12:09pm On Mar 22, 2016
Donariok:
lol. I was booking space na
thank God you got the joke...was just messing around Bro.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

7 Female Students Fell Into A Well At Ambrose Ali Uni, Ekpoma. 2 Died / Ondo’s Investment In Education Paying Off (photos) / Sit-At-Home: South East Candidates Who Missed 2021 WASSCE To Re-Sit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.