Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,049 members, 7,821,611 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

Serena Slams Moore Over Sexist Comments - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Serena Slams Moore Over Sexist Comments (473 Views)

Maradona Slams Argentine Team, Compares Messi To Argentine Comedian, Patoruzu / Serena Williams Is Engaged To Alexis Ohanian, Reddit Co-Founder. Gets Backlash / Serena Williams Loses To Svitolina At Rio Olympics 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Serena Slams Moore Over Sexist Comments by Nobody: 12:55am On Mar 22, 2016
For the lovers of sports, table tennis in particular, and for our likes who dont joke with a name "williams" ive got a story for you below,
************************************************************************************************************************
The 21-time Grand Slam champion, Serena Williams has dismissed comments from a tournament official who said female athletes should count their lucky stars that men are around to carry the sport.
Indian Wells CEO Raymond Moore drew wide scorn when he said the Women’s Tennis Association rides on the “coattails of men.”
After falling in the finals at Indian Wells 6-3, 6-4 to Belarusian player Victoria Azarenka, Ms. Williams said women should not be “down on their knees thanking anybody like that.”
“I think Venus [Williams], myself, a number of players — if I could tell you every day how many people say they don’t watch tennis unless they’re watching myself or my sister — I couldn’t even bring up that number,” she said, referring to her sister and fellow tennis champions.
“So I don’t think that is a very accurate statement,” she said.
“I think there are a lot of women out there who are very exciting to watch.
I think there are a lot of men out there who are exciting to watch.
I think it definitely goes both ways”.
The tennis champion also pointed to last year’s U.S. Open, when the women’s final sold out before the men’s.
“I’m sorry, did Roger play in that final?” she said. “Or Rafa, or any man, play in that final that was sold out before the men’s final? I think no”

For more intriguing sports update pls visit http://gistmack.com/sports/
For other interesting and stimulating stories, news, politics, businnes updates, trending musics, sports, tech, relationships and lots of them please visit gistmack.com. Delivering quality information to your door steps.

Re: Serena Slams Moore Over Sexist Comments by amtaken(f): 2:44am On Mar 22, 2016
I love to watch Serena and Venus.
Re: Serena Slams Moore Over Sexist Comments by Nobody: 6:09am On Mar 22, 2016
actually that is true...

imagne they is no mwle tennis, who will give a shit about female tennis...

imagine if they is no male football, with messi, cr7, etc who will give a shit about female football.
infact the male football clubs own most of the top class female football teams across the world...

etc...

but i watch serena i wont lie... am 1 of ha biggest fan though i dont watch tennis because of her

(1) (Reply)

Chelsea, Hazard, Arsenal And The Top 5 Flops In The Epl This Season! / Real Madrid Vs Manchester City (full Highlight And Scores) / Tragedy Hits Cameroon Football As Another Player Dies During Warm Up Session

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.