Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,496 members, 7,830,497 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

Rapists Strangle UTME Candidate In Ogun, Dump Corpse Inside Bush (photo) - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Rapists Strangle UTME Candidate In Ogun, Dump Corpse Inside Bush (photo) (35905 Views)

Hired Killer Caught While Trying To Strangle Woman To Death In Lagos (Photos) / 2 Siblings Kill Their Best Friend Over N5M In Ogun, Dump Corpse In A River. PICS / Body Of Kidnapped Lecturer Found Inside Bush 2 Months After Abduction (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rapists Strangle UTME Candidate In Ogun, Dump Corpse Inside Bush (photo) by SpotlezDonald25(m): 10:49am On Mar 22, 2016
angryThe Land is no more GREEN but RED
Re: Rapists Strangle UTME Candidate In Ogun, Dump Corpse Inside Bush (photo) by dominique(f): 10:51am On Mar 22, 2016
May God rest her soul and comfort her family. She and her parents should have made plans for accommodation before leaving home.
Re: Rapists Strangle UTME Candidate In Ogun, Dump Corpse Inside Bush (photo) by Jacko1(m): 10:51am On Mar 22, 2016
I know the useless tribe responsible for this but that is not the issue
Wat went wrong here is improper plannin
Does the family not have family in lagos som1 she cud hav stayed with
D gal cud hav done a dry run.... Find a nearby cheap hotel and pass the night
Damn wat went wrong is dat she thought she cud get home
Many ppl r lik dat nothin dey happen i fit reach house anytim
Re: Rapists Strangle UTME Candidate In Ogun, Dump Corpse Inside Bush (photo) by Absoj(m): 10:52am On Mar 22, 2016
why not scrap dis thing called JAMB and stop exposing our kids to all manner of hazards.
Re: Rapists Strangle UTME Candidate In Ogun, Dump Corpse Inside Bush (photo) by deathmen12: 10:52am On Mar 22, 2016
Evil has eaten deep into d hrt of men, sometimes i wonder why God allow somethings to happen... Bt who i am to questions the Great God.
Re: Rapists Strangle UTME Candidate In Ogun, Dump Corpse Inside Bush (photo) by Kgdavid(m): 10:53am On Mar 22, 2016
tobimillar:
With corruption in the judiciary their may not be an end in sight. Abi how do u explain rapist ALWAYS getting bail of less than 50, 000 instead of being remanded in jail

you guys have to understand that bail is a right, not an indication of innocence. If you were falsely accused of rape would you be happy to be remanded in jail for weeks, or even months? due process may not seem fair in some cases but it is there to protect the innocent.
Re: Rapists Strangle UTME Candidate In Ogun, Dump Corpse Inside Bush (photo) by chubbygal(f): 10:53am On Mar 22, 2016
Sasnbn

Re: Rapists Strangle UTME Candidate In Ogun, Dump Corpse Inside Bush (photo) by tosyne2much(m): 10:54am On Mar 22, 2016
Oga ooooo
Re: Rapists Strangle UTME Candidate In Ogun, Dump Corpse Inside Bush (photo) by BraniacX(m): 10:56am On Mar 22, 2016
slap1:
And they still had to kill her after rap!ng her? Did she recognize any of them?
I think so embarassed
Re: Rapists Strangle UTME Candidate In Ogun, Dump Corpse Inside Bush (photo) by Nobody: 11:03am On Mar 22, 2016
they should be a death penalty for rape... if that will reduce dz nonesence ...
Re: Rapists Strangle UTME Candidate In Ogun, Dump Corpse Inside Bush (photo) by Nobody: 11:03am On Mar 22, 2016
Ogun and bad news are like GEJ and corruption... better together.
Re: Rapists Strangle UTME Candidate In Ogun, Dump Corpse Inside Bush (photo) by zeongeon: 11:07am On Mar 22, 2016
This is not funny at all...this could have been any of us, our sister, daughter or someone dear to us. Please life in prison or death should be penalty for rape depending on the circumstance surrounding the rape.

Imagine they just killed the poor girl...I pray and hope they fish out the killers/rapist who knows how many have been their victim..

Our sisters, daughters and ladies in the house the days are evil...men are becoming objects for darkness...Please make your safety your priority.

God guide our sisters, daughters and ladies and save them from the darkness swallowing the hearts of men.

1 Like

Re: Rapists Strangle UTME Candidate In Ogun, Dump Corpse Inside Bush (photo) by TANTUMERGO007(m): 11:07am On Mar 22, 2016
eistien:

receive sense in Jesus name.

rip to the dead.
the man no lie now angry
Re: Rapists Strangle UTME Candidate In Ogun, Dump Corpse Inside Bush (photo) by Boldeyez7: 11:07am On Mar 22, 2016
too much blame game in this regime witout action or clear plan. crime everywhere you go!
Re: Rapists Strangle UTME Candidate In Ogun, Dump Corpse Inside Bush (photo) by Adeniyimi: 11:08am On Mar 22, 2016
onyi4edu:
What I'm yet to understand is why government is still silent on the issue of rape, it's on the increase and nothing is done to curb it.

As for the police... I'm not disappointed because that's what they are known for - incompetence

Rapist is everywhere in d world. It happened everyday worldwide
Re: Rapists Strangle UTME Candidate In Ogun, Dump Corpse Inside Bush (photo) by Irore: 11:08am On Mar 22, 2016
winkmart:
Parents of 20-year-old Joan Egemba, have been thrown into mourning after their daughter was stabbed and strangled by some suspected rapists in the Ijebu Igbo area of Ogun State.

Joan, who bagged a National Diploma in Accountancy from the Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro, Ogun State, enrolled for the 2016 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination.

PUNCH Metro learnt that the deceased left her home in the Odo Eran, Sango-Ota area around 12pm on Thursday, March 3, for the National Open University of Nigeria centre in Awa Ijebu, where she was posted to sit for the exam the following day.

It was learnt that on Thursday evening, she was abducted at the Ijebu Oru Junction – a few distance away from the centre – by persons suspected to be rapists.

Her corpse was said to be found in a bush at the back of a secondary school in Ijebu Igbo with cuts in her thighs.

Our correspondent was told that the briefs that Egemba wore were torn, suggesting that her assailants were rapists.

Her father, Emmanuel Egemba, said she had called him on the telephone on getting to the centre, informing him that the security guard attached to the centre turned down her request to pass the night on the premises.

He said, “On that Thursday, she left home around 12.30pm, but the bus she boarded at Sango to the centre left around 2pm. She called at 5.30pm that she had arrived there, but the security man at the centre did not open the gate for her and others to pass the night on the premises. I told her to find a place in the area till the following day when she would sit for the exam.

“Around 7pm, I called her again and she said the security man had opened the gate for them. One hour after, I called again but she did not pick her calls. She was supposed to sit for the exam at 6.30am on Friday. I called her around 12pm on Friday, her phone was switched off. As early as 4am on Saturday, I went to the centre to verify whether she sat for the exam or not. I met the security man and he directed me to the JAMB office in Abeokuta. He denied that he allowed my daughter into the school compound to pass the night.

“It was a woman that told us that a girl was kidnapped at Oru Junction and taken towards Ijebu Igbo. We later discovered her corpse on Wednesday, March 9. If the candidates were allowed to sleep inside the school, this incident would not have happened.”
Emmanuel, a retired Assistant Superintendent of Nigerian Customs, said the loss of his daughter was hard to bear, but the family had taken solace in God.

“I learnt it was rapists that killed her. Her body was not mutilated, but she had cuts in the mouth and thighs. Her clothes and briefs were torn and she had bruises in the back.

“We prayed before she left home on that day. While we were praying this morning (Monday) I looked at where she used to sit and it was vacant,” he said.
He stated that the deceased’s mother, Mrs. Chimemo Egemba, was too distraught and could not speak withPUNCH Metro.

A neigbour, who identified himself only as Wale, said the Divisional Police Officer in Awa Ijebu did not act promptly when the case was reported and called for comprehensive investigation to unravel Joan’s killers.

He said, “I followed Emmanuel to the police station on Wednesday, four days after he reported the case, and I asked the DPO if he had visited the school. He said no. He should have gone to the centre instantly to investigate. He is not fit to be a policeman.

“It was at a building beside the NOUN centre that we got the information that the girl was abducted. We traced her to Ijebu Igbo with her picture. At a motor park there, we showed the picture to a man who told us her corpse was dumped in a bush at the back of a school.

“I think she struggled with her abductors while they attempted to rape her. I think they strangled her when they did not succeed in raping her. We want those that perpetrate this act to be fished out and brought to book.”

Wale said a police officer at the Ijebu Igbo division told him that they were overwhelmed by the spate of crime in the community, adding that many policemen had influenced their transfers from Ijebu Igbo to other stations.

The Ogun State Police spokesperson, DSP Muyiwa Adejobi, said the command was working with its Information and Communication Technology experts to track down the suspects.
He said, “We are working on the information we have to get the culprits.

http://www.punchng.com/rapists-strangle-utme-candidate-dump-corpse-inside-bush-2/

Hmm. Ogun state and always revolving btw Abeokuta and Ijebu;two terrible places in Nigeria. The heart of occultism. May the almighty God Himself who is head of principalities and powers deliver these communities in Jesus name.Amen

Re: Rapists Strangle UTME Candidate In Ogun, Dump Corpse Inside Bush (photo) by Nickymezor(f): 11:10am On Mar 22, 2016
Awful news here n dere... may her soul rest in peace... I hope those rapists re apprehended soon.
Re: Rapists Strangle UTME Candidate In Ogun, Dump Corpse Inside Bush (photo) by glossy6(f): 11:10am On Mar 22, 2016
RIP dear.
I pray it is not our own Egemba.
Re: Rapists Strangle UTME Candidate In Ogun, Dump Corpse Inside Bush (photo) by Kyllahmc(m): 11:11am On Mar 22, 2016
guess them rapists were people she knew... and they killed her to save their asss.. knowing the young lady was going to take legal action against them. R.I.P to the dead
Re: Rapists Strangle UTME Candidate In Ogun, Dump Corpse Inside Bush (photo) by Churchgeh(f): 11:13am On Mar 22, 2016
Hmmm sadwhat can I say
I shall not suffer loss IJN

Will u say urs?

But sorry for the loss,may God console the family
Re: Rapists Strangle UTME Candidate In Ogun, Dump Corpse Inside Bush (photo) by Okaakoko(m): 11:13am On Mar 22, 2016
God should just give me a day to rule. many sad news in this country than good news
RIP to the dead
Re: Rapists Strangle UTME Candidate In Ogun, Dump Corpse Inside Bush (photo) by samuelodu(m): 11:14am On Mar 22, 2016
They can't escape their own calamity, even very, very soon.
Re: Rapists Strangle UTME Candidate In Ogun, Dump Corpse Inside Bush (photo) by OlujobaSamuel: 11:14am On Mar 22, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

Well....she could have registered at a center closer to home, not one far away.
you don't choose centres, you choose location, jamb will determine the centre, and they might tell you a location is filled up.
6:30am for potential undergraduate is too early.
My younger sis wrote last year at 6:30 ditto for this year. I complained about it to my dad, having forgotten that her daughter wrote it at 6:30, he was of the opinion that it's not wrong, this year when same happened, he complained and I was like I told you last year but you said it's not wrong that they can go ahead of time to find a place to stay.
God help Nigeria.
RIP dear, same alma mata, we even shared the same block as departmental building.
Oluwa console the family.

1 Like

Re: Rapists Strangle UTME Candidate In Ogun, Dump Corpse Inside Bush (photo) by Nobody: 11:17am On Mar 22, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:

you don't choose centres, you choose location, jamb will determine the centre, and they might tell you a location is filled up.
6:30am for potential undergraduate is too early.
My younger sis wrote last year at 6:30 ditto for this year. I complained about it to my dad, having forgotten that her daughter wrote it at 6:30, he was of the opinion that it's not wrong, this year when same happened, he complained and I was like I told you last year but you said it's not wrong that they can go ahead of time to find a place to stay.
God help Nigeria.
RIP dear, same alma mata, we even shared the same block as departmental building.
Oluwa console the family.

Thanks....so that is how JAMB does things these days.

Back in my time...you chose your center.
Re: Rapists Strangle UTME Candidate In Ogun, Dump Corpse Inside Bush (photo) by OlujobaSamuel: 11:25am On Mar 22, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

Thanks....so that is how JAMB does things these days.

Back in my time...you chose your center.
na so now oo
they are 2, the sis filled and only ile ife in osun was available, the bro filled the next day and na edo be the closest state to Lagos, so he was sent to ogwa close to delta state.
Re: Rapists Strangle UTME Candidate In Ogun, Dump Corpse Inside Bush (photo) by 9jatatafo(m): 11:36am On Mar 22, 2016
The girl child is at the receiving end. Can't JAMB allow the candidates to choose centers of their choice ?
Re: Rapists Strangle UTME Candidate In Ogun, Dump Corpse Inside Bush (photo) by opribo(m): 11:43am On Mar 22, 2016
Now that the rapist have cut short her life, why didn't they carry the corpse and eat
One thing I'm sure of is that no rapist or sinner shall escape the law of Karma as it continues even unto their generations even yet unborn.

You have all the ashawos all over the place you did not go there you wait in the dark for an innocent young girl to defile and kill

Anyway. some lessons to learn in this sad incident. Always make adequate arrangement for your child when going to a strange place.
Don't allow the child if a girl to travel alone.
Ensure that you call the police authority and escalate the moment you suspect foul play.

May God continue to save us in the jungle called country where human life has become like ordinary paper.
Re: Rapists Strangle UTME Candidate In Ogun, Dump Corpse Inside Bush (photo) by idupaul: 11:48am On Mar 22, 2016
It is very clear the security man was involved because she stopped picking her call moments after she to her father he had agreed to let her in and a besides he is the only one she would recognise and be able locate which are two prime reasons rapist kill thier victims after a rape
Re: Rapists Strangle UTME Candidate In Ogun, Dump Corpse Inside Bush (photo) by tola268: 11:48am On Mar 22, 2016
winkmart:
Parents of 20-year-old Joan Egemba, have been thrown into mourning after their daughter was stabbed and strangled by some suspected rapists in the Ijebu Igbo area of Ogun State.

Joan, who bagged a National Diploma in Accountancy from the Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro, Ogun State, enrolled for the 2016 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination.

PUNCH Metro learnt that the deceased left her home in the Odo Eran, Sango-Ota area around 12pm on Thursday, March 3, for the National Open University of Nigeria centre in Awa Ijebu, where she was posted to sit for the exam the following day.

It was learnt that on Thursday evening, she was abducted at the Ijebu Oru Junction – a few distance away from the centre – by persons suspected to be rapists.

Her corpse was said to be found in a bush at the back of a secondary school in Ijebu Igbo with cuts in her thighs.

Our correspondent was told that the briefs that Egemba wore were torn, suggesting that her assailants were rapists.

Her father, Emmanuel Egemba, said she had called him on the telephone on getting to the centre, informing him that the security guard attached to the centre turned down her request to pass the night on the premises.

He said, “On that Thursday, she left home around 12.30pm, but the bus she boarded at Sango to the centre left around 2pm. She called at 5.30pm that she had arrived there, but the security man at the centre did not open the gate for her and others to pass the night on the premises. I told her to find a place in the area till the following day when she would sit for the exam.

“Around 7pm, I called her again and she said the security man had opened the gate for them. One hour after, I called again but she did not pick her calls. She was supposed to sit for the exam at 6.30am on Friday. I called her around 12pm on Friday, her phone was switched off. As early as 4am on Saturday, I went to the centre to verify whether she sat for the exam or not. I met the security man and he directed me to the JAMB office in Abeokuta. He denied that he allowed my daughter into the school compound to pass the night.

“It was a woman that told us that a girl was kidnapped at Oru Junction and taken towards Ijebu Igbo. We later discovered her corpse on Wednesday, March 9. If the candidates were allowed to sleep inside the school, this incident would not have happened.”
Emmanuel, a retired Assistant Superintendent of Nigerian Customs, said the loss of his daughter was hard to bear, but the family had taken solace in God.

“I learnt it was rapists that killed her. Her body was not mutilated, but she had cuts in the mouth and thighs. Her clothes and briefs were torn and she had bruises in the back.

“We prayed before she left home on that day. While we were praying this morning (Monday) I looked at where she used to sit and it was vacant,” he said.
He stated that the deceased’s mother, Mrs. Chimemo Egemba, was too distraught and could not speak withPUNCH Metro.

A neigbour, who identified himself only as Wale, said the Divisional Police Officer in Awa Ijebu did not act promptly when the case was reported and called for comprehensive investigation to unravel Joan’s killers.

He said, “I followed Emmanuel to the police station on Wednesday, four days after he reported the case, and I asked the DPO if he had visited the school. He said no. He should have gone to the centre instantly to investigate. He is not fit to be a policeman.

“It was at a building beside the NOUN centre that we got the information that the girl was abducted. We traced her to Ijebu Igbo with her picture. At a motor park there, we showed the picture to a man who told us her corpse was dumped in a bush at the back of a school.

“I think she struggled with her abductors while they attempted to rape her. I think they strangled her when they did not succeed in raping her. We want those that perpetrate this act to be fished out and brought to book.”

Wale said a police officer at the Ijebu Igbo division told him that they were overwhelmed by the spate of crime in the community, adding that many policemen had influenced their transfers from Ijebu Igbo to other stations.

The Ogun State Police spokesperson, DSP Muyiwa Adejobi, said the command was working with its Information and Communication Technology experts to track down the suspects.
He said, “We are working on the information we have to get the culprits.

http://www.punchng.com/rapists-strangle-utme-candidate-dump-corpse-inside-bush-2/

Please President Buari, set up a group of soldiers that will flush out those bad element with bad behaviour in our society. Call the programme OPERATION FLUSH OUT
Re: Rapists Strangle UTME Candidate In Ogun, Dump Corpse Inside Bush (photo) by Deadlytruth(m): 11:57am On Mar 22, 2016
Whoever brought the idea of having Jamb start as early as 6:30 pm obviously has no child or nephew/niece still at the stage in life of seeking admission into higher institution. Nigerians are so irrational that when they make policies they don't consider how it affects others except themselves alone. Once it is okay by them then they assume it is so with everyone. This reminds me of how some Nigerians from other regions defended OBJ's invasion of Odi as a good military strategy to curb violence but cried blue murder when the same military strategy was used to 'curb' violence in their own areas. I hate this country!
Re: Rapists Strangle UTME Candidate In Ogun, Dump Corpse Inside Bush (photo) by kelmicheal: 12:02pm On Mar 22, 2016
papa GOD over to u..judgement time.
wait o someone that have national diploma why enroled for jamb exam instead of buying direct entry form

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Arrested For Sexually Abusing His Four Daughters In Port-Harcourt. Photos / Midwife Steals Newborn Baby In Ogun, Replaces With A Dead One (Video) / Joseph Udezo: Nigeria Man Murdered In India (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.