Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,139 members, 7,845,782 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

A Second After Death ( A Must Read) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Second After Death ( A Must Read) (493 Views)

Everyone Has An Everlasting Home After Death, It's Either Heaven Or Hell / The False Doctrine Of Eternal Torment And Judgement After Death(sleep) / What Happens After Death? (Christian POV) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Second After Death ( A Must Read) by Nobody: 6:56am On Mar 22, 2016
She stormed out of the church
Her face flushed with anger
What the pastor said
Was so irritating...so convicting
Yet so true!
But she didn't want to accept it
So she sped off in her SUV
She had it all
The hottest guys
The best cars
The biggest and broadest connections
Didn't she just receive an i.v 2 days ago
To dine with Mr President this weekend?
She was made!
She was expensive!
What would this Jesus offer her
That she already doesn't have...?
Suddenly,there was a head-on collision
Light flashed before her eyes
In a blink she was lying
In the pool of her own blood
Her million naira dress in shreds
Her 250 thousand naira worth of Brazilian hair
Ripped from her skull
The world for a moment seemed hazy
In agony she gasped
Her breathing heavier
Her pants quicker
She knew with certain fear
Her end has come
Life was ebbing away from her fast!
Darkness enveloped her
With a final sigh, her spirit eluded her
Until she saw herself
Standing beside her lifeless body
Did she realize that she had reached
The point of no return
Here she realized that nothing else mattered
Not wealth
Nor power
Nor fame
Nor fashion
Nor beauty
Not the vanity of life
No... What mattered was her personal relationship with Jesus
But too late
Did she discover this truth
Because she was already dead
So,dear friend,what will be your story? Look inwards...you will know

http://mitchelleobatu..com.ng/2015/07/just-second-after-death-think-about-this.html
Re: A Second After Death ( A Must Read) by newnature: 7:09am On Mar 22, 2016
Forgive me if I'm out of context with your thread. But death as we know it, would indeed be the end of our existence were it not for the fact of the resurrection. It is the resurrection that turns death into a temporary sleep, so to speak. The second death differs from the first death, not in nature, but in results.
Re: A Second After Death ( A Must Read) by ATMC(f): 10:02am On Mar 22, 2016
newnature:
Forgive me if I'm out of context with your thread. But death as we know it, would indeed be the end of our existence were it not for the fact of the resurrection. It is the resurrection that turns death into a temporary sleep, so to speak. The second death differs from the first death, not in nature, but in results.
Smh

Sometimes, save what you want to say and listen. Listen.
Re: A Second After Death ( A Must Read) by newnature: 10:05am On Mar 22, 2016
ATMC:
Smh

Sometimes, save what you want to say and listen. Listen.

The first death is a temporary sleep, because it is followed the the resurrection. The second death is permeant and irreversible extinction, because there is no awakening. The second death is the death resulting from the final judgment which prevents evildoers from living in the new earth to come, a punishment that ultimately results in eternal, irreversible death.
Re: A Second After Death ( A Must Read) by ATMC(f): 10:54am On Mar 22, 2016
newnature:

The first death is a temporary sleep, because it is followed the the resurrection. The second death is permeant and irreversible extinction, because there is no awakening. The second death is the death resulting from the final judgment which prevents evildoers from living in the new earth to come, a punishment that ultimately results in eternal, irreversible death.
Are you okay? Who asked you? Sometimes it pays to have little to say.
Re: A Second After Death ( A Must Read) by Nobody: 3:07pm On Mar 22, 2016
newnature:
Sorry dear but the essence of the article is to portray how fleeting life is and a call to pursue after what truly matters-a life of service to God. That's the core message. It wasn't meant to stir up arguments about death so we don't get distracted. God bless you

(1) (Reply)

'smirking' Russian Nanny Who Decapitated Girl, 4, And Paraded Her Head In Street / Our Daily Bread Thursday April 14 2016 <*> This Is The Day <*> / Three Phones Gone Missing In Our Room( Touching Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.