Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,702 members, 7,809,664 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:44 PM

World Bank Is Currently Recruiting Young Nigerians (see Link And Apply) - Jobs/Vacancies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / World Bank Is Currently Recruiting Young Nigerians (see Link And Apply) (37942 Views)

Diamond Bank Is Recruiting For Graduate Trainees 2017 / New: Dakkada Refinery Recruitment Is Just In Rush And Apply / Union Bank Is Recruiting 2:1 Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Bank Is Currently Recruiting Young Nigerians (see Link And Apply) by nitrogen(m): 2:16pm On Apr 29, 2016
Amakyzuu:

My dear, ur opinion... Let them do their job... Do urs!!!

Oh, did I touch a nerve? Sorry, just trying to be real with you guys, what if I got to the finals last year? Or probably, I even know someone that knows someone that knows another someone inside the institution?

Anyway, am not bursting bubbles here, but you think these guys will interview over a thousand candidates because they just wanna pick less than 40 people? Or you think it is first Bank that is recruiting nii?

Maybe you should look for the word 'efficiency' in your dictionary and check the meaning.

When I have time, I will provide links to a forum that accommodated 2015 applicants and candidates. Huh?

Once again, all the best!

3 Likes

Re: World Bank Is Currently Recruiting Young Nigerians (see Link And Apply) by dyydxx: 2:24pm On Apr 29, 2016
nitrogen:

Oh, did I touch a nerve? Sorry, just trying to be real with you guys, what if I got to the finals last year? Or probably, I even know someone that knows someone that knows another someone inside the institution?

Anyway, am not bursting bubbles here, but you think these guys will interview over a thousand candidates because they just wanna pick less than 40 people?

Maybe you should look for the word 'efficiency' in your dictionary and check the meaning.

When I have time, I will provide links to a forum that accommodated 2015 applicants and candidates. Huh?

Dude, we know the odds.

This mail is the progress mail. there is no other mail coming apart from this except a rejection mail for those that didn't make it. This year they expressly stated there are anywhere from 15-35 positions available for a large pool of pre qualified candidates. Last year they only employed 17 from about 3000 pre qualified applicants.

So I don't think anyone is under any illusions but positivity and hopefulness is the name of the game. After all the 17 they gave jobs last year don't have 2 heads.

6 Likes

Re: World Bank Is Currently Recruiting Young Nigerians (see Link And Apply) by kayce19: 2:29pm On Apr 29, 2016
nitrogen:

Anyway, am not bursting bubbles here, but you think these guys will interview over a thousand candidates because they just wanna pick less than 40 people? Or you think it is first Bank that is recruiting nii?

Kindly provide the link to the forum.
Re: World Bank Is Currently Recruiting Young Nigerians (see Link And Apply) by Nobody: 2:32pm On Apr 29, 2016
http://www.econjobrumors.com/topic/world-bank-group-analyst-2016-applications/page/18?replies=1

That's the link to the forum

I still believe all na story. Expecting my interview.
Re: World Bank Is Currently Recruiting Young Nigerians (see Link And Apply) by dyydxx: 2:35pm On Apr 29, 2016
kayce19:

Kindly provide the link to the forum.

it's last year's forum on Economic Jobs Market rumours. Wounds are still fresh on the blog. Regardless of the shoddy process, some folks still got the jobs and you need to keep a sunny disposition to at least make sense of the tedious bureaucratic process the bank was said to have employed last year
Re: World Bank Is Currently Recruiting Young Nigerians (see Link And Apply) by dyydxx: 2:37pm On Apr 29, 2016
Ariel20:
http://www.econjobrumors.com/topic/world-bank-group-analyst-2016-applications/page/18?replies=1

That's the link to the forum

I still believe all na story. Expecting my interview.

it's the 2015 one he's saying, this is the current one. Wounds are still fresh there and most of them felt scammed. Hopefully things are better this year.

In any case, as a job seeker your whole life shouldn't be centered on just one opportunity. You should have several options and anyone that clicks you take it. My own mentality sha

2 Likes

Re: World Bank Is Currently Recruiting Young Nigerians (see Link And Apply) by drKally(m): 2:52pm On Apr 29, 2016
Just got another Success Mail for Management Accounting...

2 Likes

Re: World Bank Is Currently Recruiting Young Nigerians (see Link And Apply) by cuteguy007: 3:10pm On Apr 29, 2016
Hehehe! Management Accounting, success mail.

All glory to Almighty God for life, sound health and this opportunity.

Congrats to us.

1 Like

Re: World Bank Is Currently Recruiting Young Nigerians (see Link And Apply) by Amakyzuu: 3:35pm On Apr 29, 2016
dyydxx:

Dude, we know the odds.

This mail is the progress mail. there is no other mail coming apart from this except a rejection mail for those that didn't make it. This year they expressly stated there are anywhere from 15-35 positions available for a large pool of pre qualified candidates. Last year they only employed 17 from about 3000 pre qualified applicants.

So I don't think anyone is under any illusions but positivity and hopefulness is the name of the game. After all the 17 they gave jobs last year don't have 2 heads.
I will keep encouraging people to be positive... Good luck to u too
Re: World Bank Is Currently Recruiting Young Nigerians (see Link And Apply) by paymentvoucher: 3:38pm On Apr 29, 2016
just Got a Success Mail. (Management Accounting) Better Days ahead guys
Re: World Bank Is Currently Recruiting Young Nigerians (see Link And Apply) by Amakyzuu: 3:42pm On Apr 29, 2016
dyydxx:

it's the 2015 one he's saying, this is the current one. Wounds are still fresh there and most of them felt scammed. Hopefully things are better this year.

In any case, as a job seeker your whole life shouldn't be centered on just one opportunity. You should have several options and anyone that clicks you take it. My own mentality sha
I like ur last paragraph... It's an opportunity, one could be lucky or not... No one should centre their lives to it...

1 Like

Re: World Bank Is Currently Recruiting Young Nigerians (see Link And Apply) by Koffies(f): 5:41pm On Apr 29, 2016
I already gave up thinking I wasn't shortlisted (or longlisted as someone said cheesy) but I just got a 'consideration mail' for Management Accounting (1/1). I have no clue what the 1/1 means but fingers crossed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: World Bank Is Currently Recruiting Young Nigerians (see Link And Apply) by omadolph: 6:13pm On Apr 29, 2016
I got a successful mail.
Re: World Bank Is Currently Recruiting Young Nigerians (see Link And Apply) by bravehost4u(m): 5:21am On May 07, 2016
Hmmm any idea on the next stage? Anybody
Re: World Bank Is Currently Recruiting Young Nigerians (see Link And Apply) by tbabs10166(m): 4:02pm On May 13, 2016
seems they haven'nt contacted anybody yet for interview

1 Like

Re: World Bank Is Currently Recruiting Young Nigerians (see Link And Apply) by company500: 11:00am On May 20, 2016
has anybody been contacted for interview? I'm very worried why its taking so long
Re: World Bank Is Currently Recruiting Young Nigerians (see Link And Apply) by Afrika011: 12:58pm On May 21, 2016
But why worry?? when the mail clearly state that they will get back as per interview between the time u got the mail and Dec 2016. Its just May.....

4 Likes

Re: World Bank Is Currently Recruiting Young Nigerians (see Link And Apply) by cuteguy007: 11:28pm On May 22, 2016
company500:
has anybody been contacted for interview? I'm very worried why its taking so long

Guy don't put your mind in this recruitment exercise before you die of High BP.... They took only 15 people from the whole world during the 2015 recruitment...
Just see this stuff as what you do for leisure.... If you don't have a comfortable job yet, just go about applying for normal jobs in 9ja.

My take though.

4 Likes

Re: World Bank Is Currently Recruiting Young Nigerians (see Link And Apply) by Nobody: 8:06pm On May 29, 2016
company500:

Lmao.. you are worried for what exactly?? Make you go EMJR go see people wey worry pass you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: World Bank Is Currently Recruiting Young Nigerians (see Link And Apply) by Perotti: 11:42pm On Jun 05, 2016
Out of 14,000 applications, 3800 made it to the interview stage and only 15-35 selections will be made. God help us all. I got this from their updated FAQ section on their website.

1 Like

Re: World Bank Is Currently Recruiting Young Nigerians (see Link And Apply) by company500: 7:50pm On Jun 08, 2016
has anybody been called for the interview?
Re: World Bank Is Currently Recruiting Young Nigerians (see Link And Apply) by company500: 2:16pm On Jul 02, 2016
tired of waiting, when will they start calling us for interview?
Re: World Bank Is Currently Recruiting Young Nigerians (see Link And Apply) by uzolexis(f): 6:18am On Jul 04, 2016
company500:
tired of waiting, when will they start calling us for interview?
didn't you read where the message said anytime from now till December be patient.

4 Likes

Re: World Bank Is Currently Recruiting Young Nigerians (see Link And Apply) by krie00707: 10:28am On Jul 21, 2016
I hope this thread has not been moved elsewhere?

uzolexis:

didn't you read where the message said anytime from now till December be patient.
Re: World Bank Is Currently Recruiting Young Nigerians (see Link And Apply) by solafada: 5:54pm On Jul 25, 2016
Hey Guys! For those that are still in...All the Best...But got a mail today that have been dropped from the consideration list...thought IT(1) stood a higher chance but God Knows best...All the Best guys

1 Like

Re: World Bank Is Currently Recruiting Young Nigerians (see Link And Apply) by tbabs10166(m): 7:22pm On Jul 25, 2016
solafada:
Hey Guys! For those that are still in...All the Best...But got a mail today that have been dropped from the consideration list...thought IT(1) stood a higher chance but God Knows best...All the Best guys
same here
Re: World Bank Is Currently Recruiting Young Nigerians (see Link And Apply) by onyebig1(m): 10:54pm On Jul 25, 2016
all the best to those inline. just got a regret mail today .
Re: World Bank Is Currently Recruiting Young Nigerians (see Link And Apply) by uzolexis(f): 8:12am On Oct 02, 2016
has anybody been contacted for interview?
Re: World Bank Is Currently Recruiting Young Nigerians (see Link And Apply) by deewona: 1:03am On Mar 11, 2017
Hi house, I guess I owe this forum this quick comment as I was a Nigerian shortlisted for the interviews at Washignton DC.
It was quite an experience and though I didn't scale to be selected as one of the employed analyst I feel a little tip on my experience in the process may be of help to future applicants.
I applied for the budget analyst role only, I studied accounting and I work with one of the big4 firms in Nigeria
After the online test which many commented about here already(had 1/1 on my initial communication), I got an invite for technical assessment, was tough..more like all this CIMA case study questions..think about 4 questions, Which by Gods grace I scaled.
Then got an invite for an interview in DC..all sponsored trip and reimbursement late 2016.

So it was quite an unconventional interview (2days), we were exposed to the unit's activities blablabla on the morning of the 1st day, had exotic launch, a dinner at night, then less I forget the koko , during the day we were giving a case study to solve as a group- 3members in each group and typically all the normal things which include team work innovation blabla as earlier sent to us in a mail was been measured...must confess was quite a physce stage and was nerve wrecking for me...but I believe I did well..Naija no dey carry last na.

For the 2nd day,we had been sent a case study weeks earlier on which we were supposed to have prepared slides ahead and present on the 2nd day based on an interview with panelist to gather more information on the 1stday...it was tasking and fun.

And finally we job shadowed a unit as participants..quite weird cos why would an employer show you around without employing..still can't solve the puzzle.
But in all was a good experience.
Am sorry I may not be online to comment again on this as I am not used to much 'onlineliness' but this forum has sure been resourceful as I remember using it well to get my first job and I haven't shared much even though am a beneficiary. I sincerely hope this little I shared helps a future applicant.
However if anything I must stress that at the final stage of the process...I think less of technical capabilities counts as anyone who gets there sure has great things to offer (and must have proven to have been smart to scale through) and what I learned the hard way was that the soft skills like team work, smiles during presentation, mildly assertiveness speaks more than technicalities.

*Thanks and as you aspire (cos you must be if you are reading this), enjoy Christ's grace to excel...see you guys at the top!

15 Likes

Re: World Bank Is Currently Recruiting Young Nigerians (see Link And Apply) by NanoSec: 2:40pm On Jun 18, 2020
For recently conducted dragnet logical reasoning, numerical reasoning, verbal reasoning and abstract reasoning,

Send a mail to geexclusive4@gmail.com
Re: World Bank Is Currently Recruiting Young Nigerians (see Link And Apply) by pathardy(m): 3:26pm On Jun 18, 2020
NanoSec:
For recently conducted dragnet logical reasoning, numerical reasoning, verbal reasoning and abstract reasoning,

Bro I sent you an email regarding the dragnet test. Help a brother sir
Re: World Bank Is Currently Recruiting Young Nigerians (see Link And Apply) by wisestman(m): 9:16pm On Jun 18, 2020
NanoSec:

Please I sent you a mail. Kindly assist.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Sordid Experience As A Female Lawyer Job Hunting. / FG Approves 15,000 NDLEA Recruitments / How Much Is Needed In Pos Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.