Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

‘why I Reverted To My Maiden Name’ - Faithia Balogun - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / ‘why I Reverted To My Maiden Name’ - Faithia Balogun (762 Views)

Dayo Amusa Blasts Faithia Balogun For 'Being Hypocritical' / Lola Alao: "I Was Born Into A Muslim Home, So I Reverted To My Root" / Dayo Amusa: "I Am Prettier Than Faithia Balogun" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

‘why I Reverted To My Maiden Name’ - Faithia Balogun by Erave: 3:16pm On Mar 22, 2016
Veteran actress, Faithia Williams-Balogun is one of the most coveted faces in the Nigerian Movie Industry, Nollywood.
The thespian who recently celebrated a new age has grown to become a household name since she debuted in the movie industry over a decade ago.
In a recent interview with ERAVE, the actress talked about how people considered her arrogant as a result of her bluntness, why she reverted to her maiden name, among other sundry issues.
On being blunt: Often times, I hear from people that I’m arrogant but I think if you are close to me you will see that I don’t have any form of arrogance in me. And yes, I’m very blunt because I will tell you what I feel since that was the way I was brought me up. I always say things the way they are because I dislike pretense.
I was trained and well disciplined by my father who was once in the military and he was very strict. I imbibed his teachings in whatever I do which is why if you ask some of my colleagues, they will tell you I am very strict while some others put it as arrogance which is not true.
On why she reverted to her maiden name: I don’t want to talk about that.
On being the daughter of a soldier: He was a disciplinarian who wants the best for his kids. He wasn’t even supporting me until few years ago. When I go visit him and people come running after me, he will say please don’t do that here just go do your thing out there.
He recently visited me and he was watching one of my film ‘Simisola Otelemuye’. I was not around, but he was marveled at my delivering in the movie. When I returned, my siblings told me he was happy about the movie.... read more here: http://eraveng.com/2016/03/22/why-i-reverted-to-my-maiden-name-faithia-balogun-williams/
You can watch the interview where Faithia Balogun-Williams addressed her relationship with estranged hubby, Saidi Balogun below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmRpnCdtrWE

cc @lalasticlala

1 Share

Re: ‘why I Reverted To My Maiden Name’ - Faithia Balogun by Fialm: 4:28pm On Mar 22, 2016
Wow,that nice.

(1) (Reply)

Linda Ikeji And Wizkid On Serious Battle - US NEWS / Chioma “chigul” Omeruah Wows In New Promo Shots / Guys! A Few Things You Haven’t Known About Girls And Runs Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.