Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,715 members, 7,820,496 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

My Lenovo Laptop Is Very Slow( Pics) HEEELLP!!! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Lenovo Laptop Is Very Slow( Pics) HEEELLP!!! (1516 Views)

Moving And Coping Of File Very Slow On Window 10...help / My Hp 250 Laptop Is Very Slow Help!!! / Tips On How To Speed Up A Slow Computer. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Lenovo Laptop Is Very Slow( Pics) HEEELLP!!! by intrepid: 7:52am On Mar 23, 2016
I bought a mini lenovo laptop with the following specs:
PROCESSOR: Intel Celery CPU N2840 @2.16GHz 2.16GHz

Installed Memory(RAM) :2.00 GB (1.89 usable)

System type: 64 bit operating system, x64- based processor

WINDOWS 8

I bought the laptop in February and I use it only for school work but it is damn too slow. If I plug in my modem, it almost freezes.

I also can't open two programs at the same time as it will hang and stop responding.

Please what could be the problem? This laptop is brand new and barely two months old.

Expert help is needed please. Thanks.

Re: My Lenovo Laptop Is Very Slow( Pics) HEEELLP!!! by godfrey01(m): 7:55am On Mar 23, 2016
Increase in ram could solve the problem....
Re: My Lenovo Laptop Is Very Slow( Pics) HEEELLP!!! by boboLIL(m): 8:04am On Mar 23, 2016
Con use remote control fast-forward am
Re: My Lenovo Laptop Is Very Slow( Pics) HEEELLP!!! by horllamy(m): 8:11am On Mar 23, 2016
intrepid:
I bought a mini lenovo laptop with the following specs:
PROCESSOR: Intel Celery CPU N2840 @2.16GHz 2.16GHz

Installed Memory(RAM) :2.00 GB (1.89 usable)

System type: 64 bit operating system, x64- based processor

WINDOWS 8

I bought the laptop in February and I use it only for school work but it is damn too slow. If I plug in my modem, it almost freezes.

I also can't open two programs at the same time as it will hang and stop responding.

Please what could be the problem? This laptop is brand new and barely two months old.

Expert help is needed please. Thanks.

Try to increase the RAM if it's the same thing then you will have to re- install the OS it may be attacked by virus ...
Re: My Lenovo Laptop Is Very Slow( Pics) HEEELLP!!! by bigtt76(f): 8:26am On Mar 23, 2016
Memory RAM too low to run an OS such as Windows 10. Besides that Intel Celeron or Celery processors are never optimal in performance so don't expect much from it. You sef in this time and age when fones comes with 2GB and 3GB memory RAM, you de rock lappy with 2GB? You nor try shaaa grin

1 Like

Re: My Lenovo Laptop Is Very Slow( Pics) HEEELLP!!! by intrepid: 11:01am On Mar 23, 2016
Lol... Should I then change the OS to Vista or any of the older versions. Will it make it work netter? If I change the ram with the current HD, will it work?
Re: My Lenovo Laptop Is Very Slow( Pics) HEEELLP!!! by abdulaz: 1:51pm On Mar 23, 2016
Re: My Lenovo Laptop Is Very Slow( Pics) HEEELLP!!! by bright1985: 7:46pm On Mar 23, 2016
why should u put mini laptop window8 sir
Re: My Lenovo Laptop Is Very Slow( Pics) HEEELLP!!! by MARKone(m): 8:36pm On Mar 23, 2016
intrepid:
Lol... Should I then change the OS to Vista or any of the older versions. Will it make it work netter? If I change the ram with the current HD, will it work?

Was it slow before? If it was not, whatever you did, undo it. Downgrade to the Os that came with it, probably window 7 that is if you've not tampered with the recovery partition. Increase the Memory, 1.8GB of usable RAM is low even for Windows 7, coupled with your low end processor, system is bound to drag. Don't use heavy apps, I can see u r using Office 2010/13, u can Downgrade to '07. U can remove your AV if you have any and use the built in Windows Defender. There are a lot of things you can do to help the NetBooks Ministry.
Re: My Lenovo Laptop Is Very Slow( Pics) HEEELLP!!! by intrepid: 1:54pm On Mar 24, 2016
MARKone:

Was it slow before? If it was not, whatever you did, undo it. Downgrade to the Os that came with it, probably window 7 that is if you've not tampered with the recovery partition. Increase the Memory, 1.8GB of usable RAM is low even for Windows 7, coupled with your low end processor, system is bound to drag. Don't use heavy apps, I can see u r using Office 2010/13, u can Downgrade to '07. U can remove your AV if you have any and use the built in Windows Defender. There are a lot of things you can do to help the NetBooks Ministry.

Thanks but, like I said, it came with Windows 8.i didn't add it. All the specifications were inbuilt and I bought it brand new, so I don't actually know what the problem is. They said it has 500HHD but I doubt if it's up to that.

I looked for Intel core or any other but couldn't find and that's why I picked this one.

So, maybe I will downgrade to w7 and also increase the ram.

The AV I'm using is avast. Could it also drag the system?
Re: My Lenovo Laptop Is Very Slow( Pics) HEEELLP!!! by MARKone(m): 9:18pm On Mar 24, 2016
intrepid:

Thanks but, like I said, it came with Windows 8.i didn't add it. All the specifications were inbuilt and I bought it brand new, so I don't actually know what the problem is. They said it has 500HHD but I doubt if it's up to that.

I looked for Intel core or any other but couldn't find and that's why I picked this one.

So, maybe I will downgrade to w7 and also increase the ram.

The AV I'm using is avast. Could it also drag the system?

Since it came preinstalled with win8, then do not downgrade, back up and do a factory reset. If you have money to spare, you can go ahead and upgrade the RAM. Before you do that, download free copy of hardisk sentinel, to cornfirm if your hdd is OK, because bad hardisk also slows system down.

(1) (Reply)

Unlocked MTN Huawei 4G Pocket Wifi Wireless Modem ( Just One Week Old ) / How To Upgrade From 32-bit To 64-bit On Windows 10 / Is This Laptop Okay For 65k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.