Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,134 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:47 AM

Yes, Cultism Offers An Amazing Level Of Security – By An Ex-ikenga - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Yes, Cultism Offers An Amazing Level Of Security – By An Ex-ikenga (1003 Views)

Police Arrests Five Secondary School Student For Cultism (photos) / Armed Robbers Raid Phone Shop In Delta, Cut Off Neck Of Security Guard. Photos / Eiye Cult Leader Killed In Ipaja Cultism Clash - Graphic Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yes, Cultism Offers An Amazing Level Of Security – By An Ex-ikenga by odimbannamdi(m): 11:59am On Mar 23, 2016
YES, CULTISM OFFERS AN AMAZING LEVEL OF SECURITY – IN PERSPECTIVE

Today makes it over 1week since we were greeted with the news of the gruesome murder of 2 students in my alma mater, ABSU.

Even though the reasons surrounding their deaths were not noble (if indeed they were cultists), I do not think it is justifiable enough to snuff life out of human beings in a most horrific and unworthy manner.

Having been a target of cult brutality, as a jew man, that almost claimed my life as a 200level student in ABSU, I can perfectly relate to the excruciating pain these students were subjected to in their last moments on earth. The slaps and blows that made them see stars… their cries for help…each machete blow that drew blood out of their bodies… the shrinking of their testicles into their abdomen due to fear … their rising and falling down till they could rise no more…their remembrance of their loved ones…the pain that numbed their senses…their gradual slide into yonder…their jerking movements as they struggled for breathe…absolute darkness and silence!

One of these students was born in 1995 (just 21). He was cut down when his star was in its ascendancy leaving behind an only sister and parents

Rest In Peace, Ikengas

But a pertinent question is always asked: Seeing, knowing and experiencing the brutality associated with cultism, why then would young lads continue to throng initiation grounds in their numbers?? More worrying is the new development of cultism now spreading from the higher institutions into the streets where it is no longer an uncommon sight to see boys of barely 16years chanting cult mantras

The answer is not far-fetched. Apart from the desire to be a “big boy”, statistics arguably have it that “security” is the second most common bait with which young ones are lured into cultism.

Another question then pops up: Does cultism actually provide an halo of security for its members, making them invincible to intimidation and impervious to harm from both external cult groups and government security operatives?

A little illustration would help answer this question and portray the endless dangers of cultism vividly:

If there are 10 cult groups and a person pledges his allegiance to 1 of them, he automatically becomes a sworn enemy of the remaining 9. So he now accrues 90% enemies and only 10% safety. The enmity is so fierce that even if he is away from school and trouble brews, he dares not return to school for fear of been targeted despite having no knowledge or participation in whatsoever caused the trouble

Now, even within his very own cult group, there are different factions. Sometimes, fierce internal wars breakout between these factions. So, if there are 10 factions, for example, and he belongs to 1, he becomes a target of the remaining 9. Thus, from his previous 10% safety, he accrues 9% enemies and 1% safety

Now, cultists are known to engage in vices ranging from intake of hard substances to plundering in a bid to maintain a “high” state and their ostentatious lifestyle respectively. These activities wreck havoc to his internal organs and places him at risk of being hunted by security operatives. Therefore, his previous 1% safety reduces to 0.9% and below.

An amazing but abysmal 0.9% as opposed to 100% security he was probably promised just before being a “big boy”.

My final advice to young lads intending to or being pressurized into joining on cult group or the other to think twice before mortgaging your future and life.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yes, Cultism Offers An Amazing Level Of Security – By An Ex-ikenga by Nobody: 12:04pm On Mar 23, 2016
Ignorance n smtymes illiteracy...there's also the peer pressure sad smh...
Re: Yes, Cultism Offers An Amazing Level Of Security – By An Ex-ikenga by boboLIL(m): 12:07pm On Mar 23, 2016
Only Fools are cultists.....
Re: Yes, Cultism Offers An Amazing Level Of Security – By An Ex-ikenga by Spicylate(f): 12:07pm On Mar 23, 2016
My own advice: Run Away. It's not worth it at all. There's no greater gift than being free.
Re: Yes, Cultism Offers An Amazing Level Of Security – By An Ex-ikenga by FazzyKachi(m): 12:14pm On Mar 23, 2016
You dare not walk freely around school environ!
Just one Gun shot, Damn_ you go think say na you dem dy target! Why will you be engaged to something that you can walk freely with? Even your So-called Group might want you down sef_

#ThinkTwice #YouDieOnce_
Re: Yes, Cultism Offers An Amazing Level Of Security – By An Ex-ikenga by NiRfreak(m): 12:26pm On Mar 23, 2016
An insightful and persuasive post. I hope they will hear
Re: Yes, Cultism Offers An Amazing Level Of Security – By An Ex-ikenga by osemoses1234(m): 7:44pm On Mar 23, 2016
Alora sea lord Alora na me na me

1 Like

Re: Yes, Cultism Offers An Amazing Level Of Security – By An Ex-ikenga by destinysaid(m): 9:00pm On Mar 23, 2016
osemoses1234:
undecided , even if u are one, u should not display it online, u make itself an easy target that can be tracked down easily #besmart.
Re: Yes, Cultism Offers An Amazing Level Of Security – By An Ex-ikenga by odimbannamdi(m): 10:21pm On Mar 23, 2016
osemoses1234:

Your stupidity is phenomenal
Re: Yes, Cultism Offers An Amazing Level Of Security – By An Ex-ikenga by simplejayy(m): 12:38am On Mar 24, 2016
osemoses1234:
lagger beer

1 Like

Re: Yes, Cultism Offers An Amazing Level Of Security – By An Ex-ikenga by hrykanu231(m): 9:16am On Mar 24, 2016
osemoses1234:

Someone wrote a post as insightful and thought provoking as this and all u get to type is this? Grow up young man.

(1) (Reply)

SHAME! See Top Politician Caught Raping A 15 Year Old Girl / This Man Was Caught Stealing Car Battery This Morning (PHOTOS,VIDEO) / Pretty Kenyan Lady Caught Red Handed Stealing Money In A Bank (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.