Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,234 members, 7,860,501 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:50 AM

Husband/wife - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Husband/wife (982 Views)

2015 Karwa Chauth SMS Greetings Cards For Husband-wife Girlfriend-boyfriend / Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf / If Your Husband/Wife Is Not Smart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Husband/wife by toytuns(f): 4:02am On Jul 24, 2009
If you loose your husband/wife ( died) . How will u handle it and how long will it take u to go into another relationship if you are still young.
open to all.
Re: Husband/wife by Consultant(f): 5:06am On Jul 24, 2009
Why would I be thinking about that?
Re: Husband/wife by toytuns(f): 5:32am On Jul 24, 2009
Consultant:

Why would I be thinking about that?
got that question today, want to put it out to see people's views.
Re: Husband/wife by Fhemmmy: 3:46pm On Jul 24, 2009
Depends on if we have kids or not.
Depends on how great things were while she was alive.
However, will take a while, cos i will hope that we were lovers and best friends.
Re: Husband/wife by toytuns(f): 4:57pm On Jul 24, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Depends on if we have kids or not.
Depends on how great things were while she was alive.
However, will take a while, cos i will hope that we were lovers and best friends.

Fhemmy this is a very hard one. She has 2 kids and she is 37, being 3yrs now with out him. She think she wants to move on. But she is so scared to start.
Re: Husband/wife by prittigrrr(f): 6:02pm On Jul 24, 2009
I think 3 yrs is a fair amount of time
Re: Husband/wife by Fhemmmy: 7:17pm On Jul 24, 2009
toytuns:

Fhemmy this is a very hard one. She has 2 kids and she is 37, being 3yrs now with out him. She think she wants to move on. But she is so scared to start.

i am so sorry to hear that.
She will have to dust herself and get back into the datng game, however, she needs to be very careful, cos it is important that she find a man that will love the kids and at same time be a great role model to the kids, and not just exposing the kids to different men.
But is it time for her to move on, cos every woman needs a man that will stand by her, and so is a man
Good luck to her
Re: Husband/wife by toytuns(f): 8:35pm On Jul 24, 2009
Fhemmmy:

i am so sorry to hear that.
She will have to dust herself and get back into the datng game, however, she needs to be very careful, cos it is important that she find a man that will love the kids and at same time be a great role model to the kids, and not just exposing the kids to different men.
But is it time for her to move on, cos every woman needs a man that will stand by her, and so is a man
Good luck to her

It will be so hard. I pray she realy meets a good man.
Men are sooooooo hard nowadays. Its hard to find a trustful one.
Re: Husband/wife by Fhemmmy: 8:43pm On Jul 24, 2009
toytuns:

It will be so hard. I pray she realy meets a good man.
Men are sooooooo hard nowadays. Its hard to find a trustful one.

It is hard and sometimes easy too.
I think sometimes, the women might have to reduce the expectation a little and they will be fine.
Imagine a 45 years old woman that wanna marry a 30 year old with 5 packs and all that, still defining levels
Re: Husband/wife by Busybody2(f): 8:54pm On Jul 24, 2009
As long as she feels comfortable enough not to start comparing her deceased hubby to her new partner, then she should give it a go.

Sometimes we wonder why it is sch good people that had to die, but who knows if God needed that person because of his goodness and felt it could be put to good use elsewhere . . .
Re: Husband/wife by Amigoz(f): 7:33am On Jul 25, 2009
Very sad indeed. When she feels ready and to tread carefully
Re: Husband/wife by frecklesnz: 8:00am On Jul 25, 2009
With children then there is no need to rush as the children are the big responsibility. Nearly all children that are seriously abused are because they have a step parent. It takes a very very good man to accept them as his own. There cant be mistakes.

If however my husband died I would send his body home to Nigeria and never look at a relationship again.
Men are just too much trouble, especially these spoiled mummy's boys who think it is a virtue to shout and yell to get what you want.

How I miss my single life.
Re: Husband/wife by Nobody: 8:01am On Jul 25, 2009
I don't even want to imagine
Re: Husband/wife by Gabry(f): 7:35am On Jul 29, 2009
Its hard to say unless if Im in that situation (knock 3 times on wood)

I know in my culture, if our husband /wife pass away, we are not allowed to remarry. But if we want to, we cannot have a ceremony. Only marry based on papers.
But if my husband left, if I find someone it will surely take me more than 5 years than I can marry him cause of the court cases on divorcy and all other things
Re: Husband/wife by Fhemmmy: 3:40pm On Jul 29, 2009
Gabry:

Its hard to say unless if Im in that situation (knock 3 times on wood)

I know in my culture, if our husband /wife pass away, we are not allowed to remarry. But if we want to, we cannot have a ceremony. Only marry based on papers.
But if my husband left, if I find someone it will surely take me more than 5 years than I can marry him cause of the court cases on divorcy and all other things

Why would u need a ceremony too if you wanna re-marry after losing your husband?
Re: Husband/wife by dominique(f): 6:41pm On Jul 29, 2009
Exactly, as flambouyant as my tribe people are when it comes to ceremonies, i'v never witnessed a big wed ding between a man or woman marrying for the second time (be it death or divorce).
One of my uncles remarried after divorcing just exchanged vows in court, a far cry from his the initial elaborate wedding which diddnt last up to 3 years.
Re: Husband/wife by Fhemmmy: 6:49pm On Jul 29, 2009
dominique:

Exactly, as flambouyant as my tribe people are when it comes to ceremonies, i'v never witnessed a big wed ding between a man or woman marrying for the second time (be it death or divorce).
One of my uncles remarried after divorcing just exchanged vows in court, a far cry from his the initial elaborate wedding which diddnt last up to 3 years.

It is a common sense now.
If it was due to death, then, that is understandable.
Re: Husband/wife by Gabry(f): 6:06am On Jul 30, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Why would u need a ceremony too if you wanna re-marry after losing your husband?

Whether if its the 2nd or 40th wedding, theres always a big ceremony after the wedding in church. Its just our culture
Re: Husband/wife by Fhemmmy: 8:20pm On Jul 30, 2009
Gabry:

Whether if its the 2nd or 40th wedding, theres always a big ceremony after the wedding in church. Its just our culture

ummmmmm.
What kinda culture is that?
They will keep doing church ceremony and elaborate thing?
Re: Husband/wife by dominique(f): 8:58pm On Jul 30, 2009
@Gabry
seems like you just contradicted yourself in these 2 quotes undecided

Gabry:

Gabry:

Re: Husband/wife by Nobody: 11:57pm On Jul 30, 2009
@poster
i would do whatever is necessary to get back on my feet and move on with life especially if there are kids involved.
as soon as the sexual urge would present itself then i would have no other choice but to go and get mine.
staying single and miserable after a spouse death is definitely not the way to go about and be sane because at the end of the day, you have to be right in your mind to continue going to work, and pay these bills and feed them kids so if i can go back to normal life in that department, i am sure i could do it in the dating department too.
Re: Husband/wife by toytuns(f): 3:26am On Jul 31, 2009
frecklesnz:

With children then there is no need to rush as the children are the big responsibility. Nearly all children that are seriously abused are because they have a step parent. It takes a very very good man to accept them as his own. There cant be mistakes.

If however my husband died I would send his body home to Nigeria and never look at a relationship again.
Men are just too much trouble, especially these spoiled mummy's boys who think it is a virtue to shout and yell to get what you want.

How I miss my single life.

I feel u my dear sister.
Re: Husband/wife by toytuns(f): 3:27am On Jul 31, 2009
MRbrownJAY:

@poster
i would do whatever is necessary to get back on my feet and move on with life especially if there are kids involved.
as soon as the sexual urge would present itself then i would have no other choice but to go and get mine.
staying single and miserable after a spouse death is definitely not the way to go about and be sane because at the end of the day, you have to be right in your mind to continue going to work, and pay these bills and feed them kids so if i can go back to normal life in that department, i am sure i could do it in the dating department too.

true talk bro.
Re: Husband/wife by Fhemmmy: 9:29pm On Jul 31, 2009
MRbrownJAY:

@poster
Well said.

(1) (Reply)

Home Elder Care! Loneliness Kills. / Home Or Abroad: How Can I Help Him? / Woman Initiates Girl Into Witchcraft Usingfish In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.