Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,828 members, 7,820,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Holy Bible; Is Not The Word Of God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Holy Bible; Is Not The Word Of God (1144 Views)

According To The Bible Is There Any Difference Between Divorce And Separation? / King James Version Of The Bible Is For Homosexuals And Rastafarians–ghanaian Rev / Man Tears The Holy Bible And Got Blasted (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Holy Bible; Is Not The Word Of God by rexben(m): 8:58pm On Mar 23, 2016
The Holy bible or Holy scriptures or whatever you call it. It is not the WORD OF GOD. The bible is the collections of books authored by many authors. Many people spoke in the bible; God spoke severally,Jesus spoke,angels spoke,disciples spoke,paul the false apostle spoke,the devil spoke even demons and unclean spirit spoke. How then do you call it the word of God. Mind you,there are numerous bible eg protestant bible(66 books),hebrew bible(only the old testaments),catholic bible,ethopian bible.
2 Timothy 3:16 All scriptures is given by the inspiration of God. Paul was saying that the scriptures i.e the torah,the laws and the prophets are given by the inspiration of God.
As at when Paul was writing this second letter to Timothy,there was no Holy bible,the only thing available wasthe Jewish scroll and it is being kept in the temple. Paul never knew his letter will be canonised later as Holy Scriptures
Re: Holy Bible; Is Not The Word Of God by PiccoloBrunelli(m): 9:00pm On Mar 23, 2016
Please OP don't use your phone when you're under the influence of whatever is influencing you right now...

3 Likes

Re: Holy Bible; Is Not The Word Of God by analice107: 9:14pm On Mar 23, 2016
PiccoloBrunelli:
Please OP don't use your phone when you're under the influence of whatever is influencing you right now...
HahahahahahahahaHHHa. Lwkmd
Re: Holy Bible; Is Not The Word Of God by jopretty(f): 9:28pm On Mar 23, 2016
What then should we call the bible?
Re: Holy Bible; Is Not The Word Of God by rexben(m): 9:32pm On Mar 23, 2016
PiccoloBrunelli:
For your information,if i am under any influence,it is the influence of Jesus because i am His disciple/follower. I believe only in Him and His words like a little child. I will say the truth no matter how difficult it is. To enjoy freedom as i am,you need to believe and continue in jesus words and you will become His disciple. And you will know the truth and it will set you free John 8:31-32
Re: Holy Bible; Is Not The Word Of God by rexben(m): 9:37pm On Mar 23, 2016
jopretty:
What then should we call the bible?
It is a book like other books,but people call it book of books.
Re: Holy Bible; Is Not The Word Of God by yellowbeauty(f): 9:59pm On Mar 23, 2016
its not the word of God and yet you're still quoting some of its verses
Re: Holy Bible; Is Not The Word Of God by malvisguy212: 10:05pm On Mar 23, 2016
rexben:
For your information,if i am under any influence,it is the influence of Jesus because i am His disciple/follower. I believe only in Him and His words like a little child. I will say the truth no matter how difficult it is. To enjoy freedom as i am,you need to believe and continue in jesus words and you will become His disciple. And you will know the truth and it will set you free John 8:31-32
you said the bible is not the word of God, and that, you believe in jesus. But you also quote from the same bible, in fact the passage you quote indicate the bible is the TRUTH. Seriously, you are confuse.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Holy Bible; Is Not The Word Of God by rexben(m): 11:37pm On Mar 23, 2016
malvisguy212:
you said the bible is not the word of God, and that, you believe in jesus. But you also quote from the same bible, in fact the passage you quote indicate the bible is the TRUTH. Seriously, you are confuse.
The words of Jesus were preseved by the wisdom of God in the bible for centuries. Jesus is the TRUTH AND THE WORD OF GOD not the bible

1 Like

Re: Holy Bible; Is Not The Word Of God by malvisguy212: 12:03am On Mar 24, 2016
rexben:
The words of Jesus were preseved by the wisdom of God in the bible for centuries. Jesus is the TRUTH AND THE WORD OF GOD not the bible
and how do you follow the teaching of jesus ? Were are His teaching found ? What your source concerning jesus teaching ? If the word of Jesus were preserved in the BIBLE by the wisdom of God, then why did you say the bible is NOT the word of God ? Can't you see the contradiction in your word ? Don't confuse yourself my good friend, relax, everything gonna be alright. Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Holy Bible; Is Not The Word Of God by rexben(m): 12:09pm On Mar 24, 2016
I will love you to think outside the box(your religious mind). How can you call a book where the devil,his agent,humans out of selfish and lustful desires spoke the word of God. Unified lies can not be called truth. It has being called the word of God over the centuries that does not make it through
Re: Holy Bible; Is Not The Word Of God by rexben(m): 11:45pm On Mar 24, 2016
the bible is not the word of God

Re: Holy Bible; Is Not The Word Of God by rexben(m): 8:39pm On Apr 16, 2016
1 "I tell you the solemn truth, the one who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs in some other way, is a thief and a robber. 2 The one who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. 3 The doorkeeper opens the door for him, and the sheep hear his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. 4 When he has brought all his own sheep out, he goes ahead of them, and the sheep follow him because they recognize his voice. 5 They will never follow a stranger, but will run away from him, because they do not recognize the stranger's voice." 6 Jesus told them this parable, but they did not understand what he was saying to them. 11 "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. 12 The hired hand, who is not a shepherd and does not own sheep, sees the wolf coming and abandons the sheep and runs away. So the wolf attacks the sheep and scatters them. 13 Because he is a hired hand and is not concerned about the sheep, he runs away. 14 "I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me - 15 just as the Father knows me and I know the Father - and I lay down my life for the sheep. 16 I have other sheep that do not come from this sheepfold. I must bring them too, and they will listen to my voice, so that there will be one flock and one shepherd. ] This is why the Father loves me - because I lay down my life, so that I may take it back again. 18 No one takes it away from me, but I lay it down of my own free will. I have the authority to lay it down, and I have the authority to take it back again. This commandment I received from my Father."
John 10:1-18
His sheep will only follow Him(the shepherd). They won't follow a stranger,never. They are loyal and obedient to the end. The will follow His words,voice,teachings only as recorded in Matthew,Mark,Luke and John only.
Re: Holy Bible; Is Not The Word Of God by rexben(m): 10:35am On Apr 30, 2016
The word of God can not contradicts itself. God is perfect. The words of Jesus stands even if the heaven and earth pass away. The word of man is not the voice of God. The voice of Jesus only is the voice of God
Re: Holy Bible; Is Not The Word Of God by Kobojunkie: 4:56am On Mar 21
rexben:
∆The Holy bible or Holy scriptures or whatever you call it. It is not the WORD OF GOD. The bible is the collections of books authored by many authors. Many people spoke in the bible; God spoke severally,Jesus spoke,angels spoke,disciples spoke,paul the false apostle spoke,the devil spoke even demons and unclean spirit spoke. How then do you call it the word of God. Mind you,there are numerous bible eg protestant bible(66 books),hebrew bible(only the old testaments),catholic bible,ethopian bible.
2 Timothy 3:16 All scriptures is given by the inspiration of God. Paul was saying that the scriptures i.e the torah,the laws and the prophets are given by the inspiration of God.
As at when Paul was writing this second letter to Timothy,there was no Holy bible,the only thing available wasthe Jewish scroll and it is being kept in the temple. Paul never knew his letter will be canonised later as Holy Scriptures
Indeed! The book IS NOT the Word of God.

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Went To Heaven And Took Pics To Prove It / Armed Herdsmen Kill Redeemed Church Pastor In Kaduna / The Message To The Angel Of The Lukewarm Church - Olamide Obire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.