Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,750 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:15 PM

“JAMB Used Wrong Software For 2016” - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / “JAMB Used Wrong Software For 2016” (16123 Views)

Commonly Used Wrong Words (with Corrections) / Prepare For 2016/2017 Post UTME ---- Nigeria Universities Tells Students / JAMB Used Wrong Software For 2016 - ATSO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

“JAMB Used Wrong Software For 2016” by stoicguy(m): 9:41pm On Mar 23, 2016
Seeks Dibu Ojerinde’s resignation as registrar
JAMB explains conflicting results

The Association of Tutorial School Operators (ATSO) has accused the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) of using the wrong grading software to mark the 2016/2017 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).

The group claimed that the error was responsible for the poor and conflicting results that were released by the board for the examination written between February 27 and March 17 in over 500 centres nationwide.

At a press briefing in Lagos on Wednesday, President of the group, Mr Shodunke Oludotun, alleged that the board erroneously used the software from last year to grade this year’s examination.

He called for the release of the right results, as well as the resignation of the JAMB Registrar, Prof ‘Dibu Ojerinde.

Oludotun said: “We have our evidence to show that virtually all the candidates we have collected results of 2015/2016 and not of 2016/2017.

“This year, Prof Dibu Ojerinde advertised 2016/2017 UTME – we all saw it. During his press conference, he also mentioned 2016/2017. During the exam, the students on their monitor, it displayed 2016/2017. Why is it that the result that was sent to the students showed 2015/2016?

“From our findings from insiders in JAMB, we realized that the software of 2015/2016 interfered with the 2016/2017, which led to the massive failure of the students. If you can see the trend of results from (February) 27 to 29, the students failed; (March) 7-15, the students failed massively.

“But we noticed that the 27-29 were compensated with 40 marks still under the interference of software. We can see that the 2015/2016 software was used to mark, that was why the students were receiving 2015/2016 results. So where is 2016/2017 result? That is what we are asking Prof Dibu Ojerinde…We are saying that Prof Dibu Ojerinde should step aside.”
Though the House of Representatives has told JAMB to revert to the Paper Pencil Test (PPT) mode of the examination since the conduct of the Computer Based Test (CBT) was fraught with irregularities, Oludotun said the group was in support of the CBT because it is better.

“This Association of Tutorial School Operators, we are not against CBT. CBT has really helped to bring more students to tutorial centres. It makes them to be serious; and we have taught them. But for CBT, the whole JAMB exam would have been messed up. Because before CBT, it will only take you N2,000 for Cyber café to send the answers to you. So I want to say that we appreciate the professor for introducing the CBT; and we are in support of CBT,” he said.
However, he called for Ojerinde to step aside so someone else would build on the foundation he has laid to conduct hitch free examinations.
Responding to ATSO’s allegations of software mishap, Dr. Fabian Benjamin, JAMB’s Director of Media and Public Relations, said whether 2010 or 2019 software was used, what was important was the programming and not the marking guide.

“I am not a programmer, but I can confirm to you that JAMB does not joke with its template. What happened with the 40 marks issue is because the scripts were marked based on 250 marks because only English Language is 100 while the other three papers carry 50 marks, making a total of 250.

“So when the first results were released, they were calculated based on 250, and after normalization we felt it would not be ideal for us to cheat on the candidates. So we had to quickly send them their real scores,” Benjamin stated.

He refuted claims that the House Committee on Education had ordered the board to revert to PPT. Onl the contrary, he said the committee praised JAMB for introducing the CBT.

“The House never considered ordering the examinationn to revert to PPT; individual members only raised suggestions,” he said.

http://thenationonlineng.net/jamb-used-wrong-software-2016/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “JAMB Used Wrong Software For 2016” by Kingslaw(m): 9:52pm On Mar 23, 2016
all I ask for is my original score.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: “JAMB Used Wrong Software For 2016” by Nobody: 10:23pm On Mar 23, 2016
Re: “JAMB Used Wrong Software For 2016” by xender(m): 10:31pm On Mar 23, 2016
This is a good one.

but why do they feel its just people who wrote one the 27,29th and 7th to 15th.

this sh¡t is general . stop excluding and including dates. JAMB should acknowledge that the bleeped and just remark!

s$h¡T mheñ .. angry

1 Like

Re: “JAMB Used Wrong Software For 2016” by demo4ril97(m): 9:07am On Mar 24, 2016
Mr. Benjamin should stop all this stupid excuses at it peak!. Majority of us are familiar to the point that from 1978 till-date, students have been having 100 questions in english and relevant 3 other subjects of each candidate as 50 question therefore english serves as 1-mark/point per question answered correctly, and other as 2-marks for each question answered correctly. Which sum a total of 400 i.e Use of English=100, other subjects=50*2. Besides from 1978 there was 5 option which you've to select a suitable one, but as from 1986 it was reduced to 4 option, so enough of those cooked lies even an illiterate can attestify to this.
The issue of 2015/2016 was something that baffles me because it supposed to be the exam-year/following-year. The tutorial lecturers are no way wrong it was graded with last year marking program.

JAMB should drop all these, ignorance human are bond to mistakes but taking corrections makes you allergic to mistakes.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “JAMB Used Wrong Software For 2016” by hassansas247: 9:30am On Mar 24, 2016
Listen they marked base on 250 marks instead of 400 what does dat mean incompetence a whole board of authorities secondly they discovered it was base on 250 they marked and decided to give Dem their real results by adding 40 mark xo equally every 40 marks isn't it madness is dat a real score they should pls swap does guys

1 Like

Re: “JAMB Used Wrong Software For 2016” by DrayZee: 9:35am On Mar 24, 2016
Let CBT continue. That is not the issue. What we are saying is #RemarkJamb2016.
If you can't do that, then add 40 marks for all,or prove to us that the scores you sent are indeed the actual ones.
But the main thing here is remark the examination and send the scores. If possible, let us be able to see the marking scheme.

You work in the IT department of Jamb, and you discover a flaw that would lead to misappropriation of scores in Jamb which would lead to mass failure, but your officiating superiordecides to cover it up to avoid being queried and/or relieved permanently of his duties. But you with your conscience-stricken heart decide not to let the vast populace fail,by making knownthe flaw albeit anonymously on a nationally renowned forum.

Couldn't that have been the case here?
[color=#006600][/color]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “JAMB Used Wrong Software For 2016” by Nobody: 10:22am On Mar 25, 2016
I blame the IT department...

1 Like

Re: “JAMB Used Wrong Software For 2016” by makingsense(m): 10:22am On Mar 25, 2016
Jamb please go back to PPT. so that these candidates no go get more excuses
Re: “JAMB Used Wrong Software For 2016” by Lordtrillion(m): 10:22am On Mar 25, 2016
Hmm shocked shocked
Re: “JAMB Used Wrong Software For 2016” by Chanchit: 10:22am On Mar 25, 2016
*yawn* all this na medicine after death. Better luck next year.

1 Like

Re: “JAMB Used Wrong Software For 2016” by Nobody: 10:22am On Mar 25, 2016
Jamb scrapping is d best for now

Moreso,

He called for the release of the right results, as well as the resignation of the JAMB Registrar, Prof ‘Dibu Ojerinde.

I thought i was d only one with this believe ooo.

Jamb has been frustrating students since time immemorial.

I advocate that jamb be scrapped and various universities be allowed to conduct their own internal examination in order to admit choiced students. And not this cunnical way if exploiting people. This is the question, why is jamb even relevant if students are still going to write post utme? Hmmm
Im sorry if im hurting anyone's feelings here, but the truth is, JAMB has no relevance again. It is outdated and should be scrapped.

HIT LIKE IF YOU AGREE WITH ME AND SHARE IF YOU DISAGREE.

Anyways...

DrabeeyWasHere

13 Likes 6 Shares

Re: “JAMB Used Wrong Software For 2016” by wuruolajumoke: 10:22am On Mar 25, 2016
Wrong software ke.. . Even the first cbt exam was a Hit. Why the decline?

1 Like

Re: “JAMB Used Wrong Software For 2016” by Innodon(m): 10:23am On Mar 25, 2016
Sey I said it

1 Like

Re: “JAMB Used Wrong Software For 2016” by seankay(m): 10:23am On Mar 25, 2016
In some Countries,this man would have resigned and issued a public apology

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “JAMB Used Wrong Software For 2016” by Nobody: 10:23am On Mar 25, 2016
There were three men living together in London. AnAfro-American, a West Indian and a Nigerian. They were all starving because they didn't have money to buy food.However upon coming close to a posh London restaurant in this classy neighbourhood, they decided to come up with a plan.

The Afro-American went in first. After being seated, he ordered a three course meal with white wine. When he had finished the meal, the waiter came by with the bill. "LISTEN MY MAN, I ALREADY PAID YOU!" - the Afro-American shouted! The waiter was very confused because he could not remember being paid. But because he did not want to cause any trouble, he let the brother leave.

Five minutes later, the West Indian walked into thesame restaurant and ordered a five course meal with red wine. When he was finished eating, the waiter came by to collect the money for the food."HEY, HEY, LOOK AT ME CROSSES. BUT AH PAID YOU ALREADY!" - the West Indian shouted. This time the manager came and had to calm down the West Indian, because he did not want anything to upset the other customers. He let the guy go.

Ten minutes later, the Nigerian walked in. And you know how we are. He sat down. Lit up a cigarette, and ordered the most expensive meal on the menu, plus two bottles of Beer. After he had finished, the waiter came to collect the money for the meal,But before the Nigerian could say anything, the waiter spoke to him."Sir, I have been having all sorts of problems all day and I can't understand it.Two other people like you came in earlier and ate, and they say that they paid me but I don't remember getting any money from them so, " Before he could finish, the Nigerian interrupted, rather emphatically, "OGA I SORRY FOR YOU OOOO. BUT DAT NA YOUR PROBLEM. I JUST WANT YOU TO GIVE ME MY CHANGE!!" grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: “JAMB Used Wrong Software For 2016” by temitemi1(m): 10:24am On Mar 25, 2016
This "change" dey affect JAMB too grin grin grin grin. Dibu made a mess of jamb this year.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “JAMB Used Wrong Software For 2016” by Zellie: 10:25am On Mar 25, 2016
I think this year's exam should be taken again... The board should be scrapped afterwards....

This country is really a zoo sad sad

2 Likes

Re: “JAMB Used Wrong Software For 2016” by falcon2020(m): 10:25am On Mar 25, 2016
Its better u copy Kenya
Re: “JAMB Used Wrong Software For 2016” by Deen77: 10:25am On Mar 25, 2016
Why Nigerian, asking for another #5,000 from parents again. Human rights lawyers please help.
Re: “JAMB Used Wrong Software For 2016” by Laveda(f): 10:25am On Mar 25, 2016
Scrapping jamb away is the best sad
Re: “JAMB Used Wrong Software For 2016” by orlarbissy(f): 10:27am On Mar 25, 2016
Nigeria organizations with excuses sha
Re: “JAMB Used Wrong Software For 2016” by Nobody: 10:28am On Mar 25, 2016
jamb is simply a disorganised body.. typical of most Nigeria bodies.

1 Like

Re: “JAMB Used Wrong Software For 2016” by akatekpe(m): 10:28am On Mar 25, 2016
Miracle centers association ain't happy cos their customers didn't pass as expected grin
Re: “JAMB Used Wrong Software For 2016” by Generalkorex(m): 10:29am On Mar 25, 2016
Remark JAMB 2016
Re: “JAMB Used Wrong Software For 2016” by pabon(m): 10:29am On Mar 25, 2016
Very appalling!
Re: “JAMB Used Wrong Software For 2016” by Sasuwa(f): 10:30am On Mar 25, 2016
Pmb , u see when we ask u to send away any DG who serve in pdp govt. And put your people u refuse , see now they turning ur govt. Into an object of mockery meanwhile check my signature
Re: “JAMB Used Wrong Software For 2016” by Zellie: 10:31am On Mar 25, 2016
akatekpe:
Miracle centers association ain't happy cos their customers didn't pass as expected grin
Miracle centres in CBT?

Get a life dummie

1 Like

Re: “JAMB Used Wrong Software For 2016” by ClassCaptain(m): 10:31am On Mar 25, 2016
G
Re: “JAMB Used Wrong Software For 2016” by lilprinze: 10:31am On Mar 25, 2016
this year's jamb was a scam

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Have You Been Able To Recoup All Your School Fees Since You Graduated? / Fire Outbreak At Nile University’s Medical Building In Abuja / UTME: 62,140 Candidates Set To Re-write JAMB On 1st Of July

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.