Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,999 members, 7,817,950 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

What Could Be The Problem? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Could Be The Problem? (983 Views)

The Problem Of The HRs / Whats The Problem With NRC Recruitment / The Problem With Nigerian Banks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Could Be The Problem? by sagacious2016: 11:43am On Mar 24, 2016
w

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Could Be The Problem? by kilisi(m): 11:49am On Mar 24, 2016
I guess it's your course of study lipsrsealed
Re: What Could Be The Problem? by kilisi(m): 11:54am On Mar 24, 2016
kilisi:
I guess it's your course of study lipsrsealed

And the graphics design you are learning should help.
Re: What Could Be The Problem? by checkolatunji: 12:04pm On Mar 24, 2016
I think that your course doesn't sell in th country or may be you should ask your formal course mate how they got job thru that same course.

My advice is, change direction by going into another line, like Business Mgt. Or Computer Professional courses , Safety Courses (start with HSE) and Marketing Courses.

I think with that you may be lucky to get a job quick cos those a the areas you you can get quick jobs nowadays. The salary may be small but you will get job.
Re: What Could Be The Problem? by sagacious2016: 12:09pm On Mar 24, 2016
checkolatunji:
I think that your course doesn't sell in th country or may be you should ask your formal course mate how they got job thru that same course.

My advice is, change direction by going into another line, like Business Mgt. Or Computer Professional courses , Safety Courses (start with HSE) and Marketing Courses.

I think with that you may be lucky to get a job quick cos those a the areas you you can get quick jobs nowadays. The salary may be small but you will get job.

Thanks but do you mean getting professional qualification in any of the areas you highlighted?
Re: What Could Be The Problem? by checkolatunji: 12:58pm On Mar 24, 2016
sagacious2016:

Thanks but do you mean getting professional qualification in any of the areas you highlighted?

Yea. For Business MGT. You can try Lagos Business School or any other cheap Business School around.

You can find IT School everywhere but firstly you have to consult some professionals for advise on trend to follow.

For Safety Courses, you can start with HSE

1 Like

Re: What Could Be The Problem? by sagacious2016: 1:59pm On Mar 24, 2016
checkolatunji:

Yea. For Business MGT. You can try Lagos Business School or any other cheap Business School around.

You can find IT School everywhere but firstly you have to consult some professionals for advise on trend to follow.

For Safety Courses, you can start with HSE

Alright. Thanks for your advice.

I'll appreciate others' opinion on this.
Re: What Could Be The Problem? by ambassadorgozie(m): 2:19pm On Mar 24, 2016
Go nd lecture

1 Like

Re: What Could Be The Problem? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Mar 24, 2016
Get ur phd nd start lecturing or you coul start a campaign for planting of trees to suppress the conseqof ozone depletion, sth like an ngo, with ur grade and presentation, u should get support and followers and u'l have sth to contribute to the society.

2 Likes

Re: What Could Be The Problem? by vaca1: 3:40pm On Mar 24, 2016
sagacious2016:
A problem shared is a problem half solved sad

Caveat: Only mature advice needed as this has to do with my career.

I am graduate of Forestry from one of the 'top' universities in Nigeria. I graduated with First Class Honors in 2012. I got a scholarship from the department to come back for my M.Sc. (Silviculture and Forest Biology) which I did immediately after my Service and completed in November/December 2015 again with distinction. I have been applying for jobs since but not a single invitation for test or interview. Note that I have been applying for jobs immediately after my Youth Service in 2014. After a while, sometime around last year June, I gave out my CV for assessment and modification by one of the popular professional CV writers, with the belief that the problem was with my CV. There were further modifications and then I sent it to another professional CV writing firm for assessment and I scored 97%.
This was when i realized that the problem is not with the CV per say.

Now my questions are:
1. Considering the fact that I am now 29 years of age and with little work experience, could this be a factor? lipsrsealed
2. No professional qualification (caused by bad advice from friends during my service year couple with the fact that I'm the only one with higher education in my family, so no one to give advise based on experience. I'm now thinking about taking ICAN but no money). cry
3. Or is it about my course of study? embarassed

NB: I am currently taking a course in graphics design to improve my chances in the labour market. cool

I will really appreciate your mature response smiley
my dear trust me it is your course of study. same thing happened to me , I started taking professional courses. I have CCNA AND OCP. still same issue continued. right now am a fashion designer and blogger. maybe you try taking professional courses and entrepreneurship.
Re: What Could Be The Problem? by sagacious2016: 5:29pm On Mar 24, 2016
maiahsaiah:
Get ur phd nd start lecturing or you coul start a campaign for planting of trees to suppress the conseqof ozone depletion, sth like an ngo, with ur grade and presentation, u should get support and followers and u'l have sth to contribute to the society.

I think I will go with your advice.

Thanks.
Re: What Could Be The Problem? by sagacious2016: 5:35pm On Mar 24, 2016
vaca1:

my dear trust me it is your course of study. same thing happened to me , I started taking professional courses. I have CCNA AND OCP. still same issue continued. right now am a fashion designer and blogger. maybe you try taking professional courses and entrepreneurship.

Wow!

Thanks anyway.
Re: What Could Be The Problem? by Eddodoh(m): 8:49pm On Mar 24, 2016
I can relate wit d OP!

Studied Cooperative Economics and Management but I am confused on what to do despite having my CV written and critic by both local & international CV writers
Re: What Could Be The Problem? by sagacious2016: 6:59pm On Mar 25, 2016
Eddodoh:
I can relate wit d OP!

Studied Cooperative Economics and Management but I am confused on what to do despite having my CV written and critic by both local & international CV writers

Eyah! My sympathy.
I am just as confused right now because it's frustrating to see all my efforts in the university coming to nothing right in my very eyes.
So sad.

1 Like

Re: What Could Be The Problem? by sagacious2016: 7:05pm On Mar 25, 2016
ambassadorgozie:
Go nd lecture

That was on my mind before starting my M.Sc. but I now know that getting lecturing job in the government universities is not child's play. Very few private universities offer forestry and that is my dilemma.

(1) (Reply)

New Entry Level Positions In Nigeria / Recruitment At Ikeja Electricity Distribution Plc (ikeja Electric) / Vacancy- Deola Sagoe Limited (human Resources Officers)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.