Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,808 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Barack Obama's Daughters Request To Meet Lionel Messi - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Barack Obama's Daughters Request To Meet Lionel Messi (884 Views)

FIFA Rejects Ghana’s Request To Replay 2018 World Cup Qualifier Against Uganda / Yakubu Aiyegbeni And His Daughters, Kay And Katty Pictured / Nigerian Coach Denied Anthony Joshua's Request To Represent Nigeria at Olympics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Barack Obama's Daughters Request To Meet Lionel Messi by Emmafe(m): 6:56pm On Mar 24, 2016
Not everyone can meet Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi -- not even the daughters of the President of the United States, Barack Obama.

Obama was speaking at the Young Leaders of the Americas Initiative Town Hall in Buenos Aires, Argentina, and revealed that his daughters Sasha and Malia had asked him if they could meet the Argentine No. 10.

But even the POTUS could not make it happen.

"I also wanted to bring my daughters here, so they could see the beauty and the vibrancy of this city," he told the crowd. "They've already met one famous Argentinean -- His Holiness Pope Francis. Now they want to meet [Lionel] Messi, but I could not arrange that."

Good to know that even some of the most famous people on the planet can't get everything they want, but it is surely only a matter of time before a signed Messi shirt arrives on the steps of the White House.

Re: Barack Obama's Daughters Request To Meet Lionel Messi by Emmafe(m): 6:58pm On Mar 24, 2016
Powered_By

Re: Barack Obama's Daughters Request To Meet Lionel Messi by Nobody: 7:46pm On Mar 24, 2016
it will inspire them I guess.

(1) (Reply)

Champions League Equations / The Second Father-son Duo To Win Premier League Title / Odion Ighalo And Brown Ideye Attended The Same School In Ajegunle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.