Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,188 members, 7,953,679 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:44 PM

Nigerian Coach Denied Anthony Joshua's Request To Represent Nigeria at Olympics - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerian Coach Denied Anthony Joshua's Request To Represent Nigeria at Olympics (21181 Views)

Super Eagles Coach, Rohr Names Four Strikers To Represent Nigeria In Egypt / Nigerian Coach And Two Athletes Disappear At Commonwealth Games / Ola Aina Cleared By FIFA To Represent Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Coach Denied Anthony Joshua's Request To Represent Nigeria at Olympics by CEOJAMIENAIJA(m): 11:39am On Apr 27, 2017
Sports writer and broadcaster for BBC Sport, Oluwashina Okeleji, shared these surprising new revelations miniutes ago. British boxing champion of Nigerian ancestry, Anthony Joshua, wanted to represent Nigeria at the 2012 Olympics, but a coach in Abuja told him there was no chance.

Joshua reportedly asked to join the Nigerian trials but was told that if he was good enough he'd represent England instead of coming back to Nigeria.

SOURCE: http://www.jamienaija.com/2017/04/do-you-know-nigerian-coach-denied.html

Re: Nigerian Coach Denied Anthony Joshua's Request To Represent Nigeria at Olympics by Tolexander: 11:42am On Apr 27, 2017
The coach could be justified if Joshua King was not good enough to represent Nigeria for the event.

Where Nigerian Boxing Federation isn't justified or got things wrong is not keeping tab on the guy concerning his development

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Coach Denied Anthony Joshua's Request To Represent Nigeria at Olympics by Tyagyan: 1:01pm On Apr 27, 2017
Ok
Re: Nigerian Coach Denied Anthony Joshua's Request To Represent Nigeria at Olympics by jiinxed: 1:02pm On Apr 27, 2017
Lol. Nigeria is worse than a zoo. Tufiakwa.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Coach Denied Anthony Joshua's Request To Represent Nigeria at Olympics by Blessinzy(f): 1:02pm On Apr 27, 2017
cool
Re: Nigerian Coach Denied Anthony Joshua's Request To Represent Nigeria at Olympics by mokaflex(m): 1:02pm On Apr 27, 2017
WHY DO WE CLAIMING 9jerians that don't remember us for any reason, perhaps if he was in 9ja he wouldn't havt eaten good food that would make him that big, how about sport facilities? if him like make him represent sudan.. i have Buhari and he's representing me from za other room..
i don't care Dele Ali, Ola Aina and the rest can fly to the moon
.... the guy below me sha, na Glo you dey use?

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Coach Denied Anthony Joshua's Request To Represent Nigeria at Olympics by RockHard: 1:02pm On Apr 27, 2017
Nigeria's loss. England's gain. undecided

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Coach Denied Anthony Joshua's Request To Represent Nigeria at Olympics by adeniyi3971(m): 1:03pm On Apr 27, 2017
e no easy

please like my poem to keep me in the competition I beg you with whatever you serve..

https://m.facebook.com/masterpenbooks/photos/a.637225919704027.1073741827.636958906397395/1264641013629178/?type=3&_rdr#1325804317512847
Re: Nigerian Coach Denied Anthony Joshua's Request To Represent Nigeria at Olympics by Bantino(m): 1:03pm On Apr 27, 2017
Really?
Re: Nigerian Coach Denied Anthony Joshua's Request To Represent Nigeria at Olympics by abbeyty(m): 1:03pm On Apr 27, 2017
Thank God he was denied, they must have killed his career by now

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Coach Denied Anthony Joshua's Request To Represent Nigeria at Olympics by engrobidigbo: 1:03pm On Apr 27, 2017
Well i'm not surprised angry

Nigeria and it's useless "IM" (ima mmadu) system....

Truly, Nigeria's Loss, England's gain cry

16 Likes

Re: Nigerian Coach Denied Anthony Joshua's Request To Represent Nigeria at Olympics by samx4real(m): 1:03pm On Apr 27, 2017
Who is Anthony Joshua?

If u don't get me right? I met who him elp? and why should we be crying for a spilled milk?
Re: Nigerian Coach Denied Anthony Joshua's Request To Represent Nigeria at Olympics by Aregs(m): 1:03pm On Apr 27, 2017
Blessing in disguise

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Coach Denied Anthony Joshua's Request To Represent Nigeria at Olympics by Homeboiy: 1:04pm On Apr 27, 2017
Dissapointment later turned to blessing

12 Likes

Re: Nigerian Coach Denied Anthony Joshua's Request To Represent Nigeria at Olympics by Guyman02: 1:05pm On Apr 27, 2017
That coach probably based on sentiments felt that the name Anthony Joshua sounded like 'inyamiri' (Igbo) name and therefore he should not be allowed to represent Nigeria and get paid with FG money. I had a personal experience like that when I wanted to join the Nigerian Army as an officer, perhaps if I had known I would sought to join the British or US Army.

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Coach Denied Anthony Joshua's Request To Represent Nigeria at Olympics by AshiwajuFoward: 1:06pm On Apr 27, 2017
Sometimes in life, rejection can be a blessing in disguise or stepping stone toward greatness.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Coach Denied Anthony Joshua's Request To Represent Nigeria at Olympics by verygudbadguy(m): 1:06pm On Apr 27, 2017
softwerk:
Nairaland is like a toilet built by Seun, where different people (members) come to poo. The moderators are poo caretakers and the guests, flies. Unfortunately, many members fight on top poo angry

Food for thought! Thanks to my FTC brother up there. I have changed my reasoning today!

Guess you are one of the pooers...

Remember to wipe ya bumbum after pooing. cheesy

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Coach Denied Anthony Joshua's Request To Represent Nigeria at Olympics by mykelmeezy: 1:06pm On Apr 27, 2017
hehehe

Nigerian official

killing potential since 1802

but wetyn.consan me

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Coach Denied Anthony Joshua's Request To Represent Nigeria at Olympics by goldfish80(m): 1:07pm On Apr 27, 2017
I believe the coach was Obisia Nwankpa

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Coach Denied Anthony Joshua's Request To Represent Nigeria at Olympics by Awoo88: 1:07pm On Apr 27, 2017
Nigeria coaches do that all the time. They use quota system. It was done to Adeboye, alaba etc. Okocha's nephew got to play after he was shining for Arsenal.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Coach Denied Anthony Joshua's Request To Represent Nigeria at Olympics by gulfer: 1:08pm On Apr 27, 2017
Who was the Olympic coach at that time, or is he a ghost

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Coach Denied Anthony Joshua's Request To Represent Nigeria at Olympics by segebase(m): 1:08pm On Apr 27, 2017
bb
Re: Nigerian Coach Denied Anthony Joshua's Request To Represent Nigeria at Olympics by dunkem21(m): 1:09pm On Apr 27, 2017
softwerk:
Nairaland is like a toilet built by Seun, where different people (members) come to poo. The moderators are poo caretakers and the guests, flies. Unfortunately, many members fight on top poo angry

Food for thought! Thanks to my FTC brother up there. I have changed my reasoning today!

Seun suppose dey pay some of us for commenting.. If dem shit for twitter finish, we go come dey pack am here.

Unban Tallesty1 moniker!
Re: Nigerian Coach Denied Anthony Joshua's Request To Represent Nigeria at Olympics by Alphyno: 1:09pm On Apr 27, 2017
How Does It Concern Me wink

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Coach Denied Anthony Joshua's Request To Represent Nigeria at Olympics by dunkem21(m): 1:11pm On Apr 27, 2017
Guyman02:
The Hausa coach felt that the name Anthony Joshua sounded like 'inyamiri' (Igbo) name and therefore he should not be allowed to represent Nigeria. I had a personal experience like that when I wanted to join the Nigerian Army as an officer, perhaps if I had known I would sought to join the British or US Army.

If I tell you my own, you go fear.. By now, dem for don get one gallant officer with sound experience to eliminate BH.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Coach Denied Anthony Joshua's Request To Represent Nigeria at Olympics by winkmart: 1:11pm On Apr 27, 2017
He wouldn't be a champion if he had represented NIGERIA

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Coach Denied Anthony Joshua's Request To Represent Nigeria at Olympics by GavelSlam: 1:12pm On Apr 27, 2017
mokaflex:
WHY DO WE CLAIMING 9jerians that don't remember us for any reason, perhaps if he was in 9ja he wouldn't havt eaten good food that would make him that big, how about sport facilities? if him like make him represent sudan.. i have Buhari and he's representing me from za other room..
i don't care Dele Ali, Ola Aina and the rest can fly to the moon
.... the guy below me sha, na Glo you dey use?

Joshua's slightly different.

He loves to acknowledge his naija roots he even has a map of Africa on his shoulder with Nigeria well located on it.

For the fella saying perhaps he wasn't good enough..
He won Olympic gold.

15 Likes

Re: Nigerian Coach Denied Anthony Joshua's Request To Represent Nigeria at Olympics by emmabest2000(m): 1:12pm On Apr 27, 2017
softwerk:

Shiiiiiiii .......

@topic , Nigeria don't have what it take to make that guy a champion ..

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Coach Denied Anthony Joshua's Request To Represent Nigeria at Olympics by ONserious(m): 1:12pm On Apr 27, 2017
That's how God works...who Nigeria epp...e for just end him career like bash ali

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Coach Denied Anthony Joshua's Request To Represent Nigeria at Olympics by robosky02(m): 1:13pm On Apr 27, 2017
imagine the nonsense... angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Zidane May QUIT Real Madrid Over Pogba Signing Failure / I Heard That Bet9ja Pays You When Your Game Cut One. / Hamraoui: Aminata Diallo Re-arrested By French Police Over Attack On Teammate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.