Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,533 members, 7,823,318 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

How Advancement In MS Word Versions Might Hinder Chance Of Landing Interview - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Advancement In MS Word Versions Might Hinder Chance Of Landing Interview (828 Views)

5 Months After Landing My Dream Job In An Int'l NGO, The Admin Shocked Me Today / 4 Attitudes That Can Increase Your Chances Of Landing The Job / 5 Tips To Negotiating A Better Salary And Landing A Great Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Advancement In MS Word Versions Might Hinder Chance Of Landing Interview by tunisbaba(m): 7:47pm On Mar 24, 2016
I am not an HR officer but I would love to share what I discovered might be one of the reasons some of us are not landing interviews, especially when applying by sending a soft copy of our CVs.
We are all advised to submit a convincing and well formated CV when applying for job but what I discovered is that, the different versions of MS Word (MS Office 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016) we used in arranging and formating our CVs may be different from what the HR officer uses, this occasionally leads to a scattered CV arrangement when opened by the HR personel. I remembered somtimes ago when I formated my CV using MS Office 2013, only to take it a business center for printing and found out that the MS Office 2010 version used by the business center scattered the CV arrangement. This also happened when I saved using MS Word 2007 and tried to open it in MS Word 2010. Imagine this scenerio happened in an HR Officer system. I can bet my first salary (when I secure a job) that he/she wouldnt even read your CV atall.
FIX TO THE PROBLEM
Since you can't know the version of MS Office your prospective employer uses, then:
1) Make sure you save your CV in the 97-2003.doc format. The format and arrangement will not scatter when the file is opened is any version of MS Office Suite.
2) You can also save your CV in PDF format
Please take note of this and do not allow advancement in version of MS Office suite prevent an HR from giving your CV a chance.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Advancement In MS Word Versions Might Hinder Chance Of Landing Interview by sistar007(m): 8:45pm On Mar 24, 2016
OK oo
Re: How Advancement In MS Word Versions Might Hinder Chance Of Landing Interview by madream4life: 9:18pm On Mar 24, 2016
thanks a million for sharing this, God bless u

1 Like

Re: How Advancement In MS Word Versions Might Hinder Chance Of Landing Interview by izutex007(m): 11:36pm On Mar 24, 2016
Great tip bro. More grace to ur elbows.

****Front page material.

1 Like

Re: How Advancement In MS Word Versions Might Hinder Chance Of Landing Interview by tgmservice: 12:54am On Mar 25, 2016
Good one bro
Another advice - some peeps like applying certain arrangement styles when formatting their text. Do make use of the horizontal rule above the document to space or indent your text. This may break if someone who receives it opens it. Just keep it simple

1 Like

Re: How Advancement In MS Word Versions Might Hinder Chance Of Landing Interview by tunisbaba(m): 7:52pm On Mar 25, 2016
tgmservice:
Good one bro
Another advice - some peeps like applying certain arrangement styles when formatting their text. Do make use of the horizontal rule above the document to space or indent your text. This may break if someone who receives it opens it. Just keep it simple
Well said bro

(1) (Reply)

Ict/computer Teacher Required / United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) Latest Recruitment (12 Positions) / Urgent Vacancy In Akure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.