Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,113 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

8 Study Strategies For Effective Learning (MUST READ) - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 8 Study Strategies For Effective Learning (MUST READ) (762 Views)

4 Bullets For Effective Monetization Of Your Talent Career / 5 Simple Strategies To Boost Your Career / 5 Survival Strategies For Unemployed Nigerian Youths, Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

8 Study Strategies For Effective Learning (MUST READ) by klashe(m): 2:20am On Mar 25, 2016
Strategy: A plan of action intended to accomplish a specific goal.

Study strategies/skills are approaches applied to learning. They are generally critical to success, considered essential for acquiring good grades, useful for acquiring thoughts of one’s life.

Are you a student who wish to be successful in academics? do you find it difficult coping with your studies? If yes, then have no worries and just follow the tips below;

Create A Study Timetable

A study time table is a structured schedule of study within a specific time. Study timetable helps you to get prepared and have an effective learning. The best time to develop a study timetable is when your school term/semester begins and your course schedule/outline is set.
It is recommended that timetables should be pasted on the wall where you study, especially in front of your study chair where you will see it every day.

Have A Study Location

One of the keys to effective studying is finding a good environment. Choose a place where no one can have access to disturb you. It must be a place when you will be able to concentrate and not get distracted from friends, phone-calls, or noise. I will also add this, you don’t have to stick to a specific place incase the place becomes inconvenient. Should have atleast two and atmost three.

Revisions

Sleeping with your books under your pillow won’t fix anything in your brain. There are so much you can gain from revising, had it been you knew this you wouldn’t have taken it so lightly. You can make reviews of your notes daily, twice in a week or weekly, if you revise weekly, you must re-schedule whenever you have upcoming exams.
Revising is remembering. Assuming you have a test tomorrow and you’ve spent the whole of today with books in your front, but you were unable to write anything when its test time, you have not done any revision but just ‘reading’. Revision is fixing information into your brain.

Prioritize Your Assignments

If you want to have the energy to answer difficult subject/courses at your best, then you must create the habit of solving tough subjects first in any given assignment. If you want to take down more courses, then try to be flexible: for example, introduce reaction time when you can get more knowledge on them before they are due.

Do Not Allow Unnecessary Distractions Unless You Are Done

Never leave your school work for unexpected activities that looks appealing. This is the problem of most students which leads them to having poor performance in school, yet, they are unable to figure it out. Henceforth, postpone anything that can lure you away from school work and always learn to say "later".
Discover what distracts you now and never allow it again.

Seek For Help

Whenever you find it hard to understand one thing or the other, seek for help. There are so many ways you can get help with your academics. The fastest and cheapest is through the internet (information is free), you can simply search keywords that you need help with and you will get solution without wasting time. Other sources of help is by going to the library, tutors, expert friends or groups.

Explore And Review Notes Before Going To Class

I will never forget this in my life, it helped me when I wanted to write my jamb exam. I woke up around 4am, having nothing much to do, I took up my maths note and revised on the topic "POLYGON". Believe me, 11 good questions came out from polygon.
Aside exams, by revising notes before class, you might just coma across a question you still don’t understand to ask in class. Even this will delight your teacher that you are interested and have prepared for the class.

Review Notes After Class

Doing this will help you remember the points which your teacher has emphasized on and even how he/she has demonstrated when explaining.

Conclusion: I hope that you have found this post helpful? Follow the steps above and success is awaiting you in your academics.

Check out more at [url]nigerzine.com.ng[/url]

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

This Week's Tech Event / Recent Job In Abuja 2016 / LSETF - Good News For Entrepreneurs And Job Seekers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.