Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,171 members, 7,815,098 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:15 AM

Facebook Discontinued For Blackberry - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Facebook Discontinued For Blackberry (1005 Views)

Evernote Pulls Out Its Support For Blackberry Devices And Windows Phones / Whatsapp Extends Support For Blackberry To End Of 2017 / Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Facebook Discontinued For Blackberry by donsheddy1(m): 8:48am On Mar 25, 2016
This is getting too much for this company to handle at the moment. Just a few weeks ago whatsapp was discontinued. Some blackberry users are still recovering from this and just a few days back, I received another push notification to update my app and boom;!! There goes my Facebook app. Like I always say, if you still want to use this app please it's advised you don't update.
Re: Facebook Discontinued For Blackberry by fashoo2010(m): 8:49am On Mar 25, 2016
Wow... They are pushing blackberry into extinction... Nothing last forever. .... No whatsapp, no facebook...what is now remaining
Re: Facebook Discontinued For Blackberry by Tallesty1(m): 8:55am On Mar 25, 2016
And I remember how girls were bleeped left and right because of this phone.

Some were caught trying to steal one and they were stripped unclad.

Some where used for ritual.

Others are living with deadly diseases.

But Today, The Phone Is Gradually Heading To Extinction.

It is sad.

1 Like

Re: Facebook Discontinued For Blackberry by Nobody: 9:18am On Mar 25, 2016
But I'm using my BlackBerry... I have both apps up...can someone explain this embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Facebook Discontinued For Blackberry by Femich18(m): 9:29am On Mar 25, 2016
The only constant tin is change. I can remember vividly some years ago when BlackBerry Users dey firm Miss world. Now the reverse is the case, slowly and slowly BlackBerry is being push into extinction. Windows and Techno phones have taken over.
Re: Facebook Discontinued For Blackberry by Baroba(m): 9:47am On Mar 25, 2016
Femich18:
The only constant tin is change. I can remember vividly some years ago when BlackBerry Users dey firm Miss world. Now the reverse is the case, slowly and slowly BlackBerry is being push into extinction. Windows and Techno phones have taken over.

Windows and Techno phones taking over, okay continue..
Re: Facebook Discontinued For Blackberry by eyeview: 9:50am On Mar 25, 2016
donsheddy1:
This is getting too much for this company to handle at the moment. Just a few weeks ago whatsapp was discontinued. Some blackberry users are still recovering from this and just a few days back, I received another push notification to update my app and boom;!! There goes my Facebook app. Like I always say, if you still want to use this app please it's advised you don't update.

I receive the prompt to update my FB too and when I did,waalaaaah!,my interactive FB page was gone. Now,if I click on my fb page,it will start opening as a web page.
Oh,is that what happened? These days,I stay away from every notification to update anything
Re: Facebook Discontinued For Blackberry by donsheddy1(m): 1:05pm On Mar 25, 2016
eyeview:

I receive the prompt to update my FB too and when I did,waalaaaah!,my interactive FB page was gone. Now,if I click on my fb page,it will start opening as a web page.
Oh,is that what happened? These days,I stay away from every notification to update anything
Lol that's exactly what happened
Re: Facebook Discontinued For Blackberry by iamdeejayscar(f): 1:28pm On Mar 25, 2016
Thus is sooooo confusing cos I'm using a blackberry phone and both apps works fine undecided.....where are u guys seeing dis ridiculous news
Re: Facebook Discontinued For Blackberry by donsheddy1(m): 5:26pm On Mar 25, 2016
iamdeejayscar:
Thus is sooooo confusing cos I'm using a blackberry phone and both apps works fine undecided.....where are u guys seeing dis ridiculous news
People like this might be using 200 naira data and expecting to know when an update is available. Keep seeking and ye shall find.
Re: Facebook Discontinued For Blackberry by donsheddy1(m): 5:30pm On Mar 25, 2016
chimkaire:
But I'm using my BlackBerry... I have both apps up...can someone explain this embarassed
My dear, just wait for the push notification. You can try going to bb world to see if there's an update.
Re: Facebook Discontinued For Blackberry by Nobody: 3:43pm On Apr 04, 2016
If you have mistakenly updated your facebook app and you now have the web version which quite frankly is just bollocks to use on a mobile phone, you can go back to the previous app by checking out www.theiexplorers.com/ota to download it. I did just that today and I have my old facebook app back on my blackberry

1 Like

Re: Facebook Discontinued For Blackberry by Youngpo413: 5:55pm On Apr 04, 2016
Rubbish hardware and an outdated software, this is good riddance to bad rubbish.

(1) (Reply)

Betwren Boom J8 And Canon C9 / Meet Ime Archibong; The Nigerian Who Runs Things @facebook / Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro Has Officially Been Launched In China! See Specs.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.