Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,732 members, 7,955,783 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:01 PM

Accelotti Makes Mikel New Chelsea Playmaker! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Accelotti Makes Mikel New Chelsea Playmaker! (1100 Views)

Manchester United Abandon Sneijder Pursuit For New Playmaker Transfer / Terry Scare Delays Mikel's New Deal At Chelsea / Between Maradona, Zidane And Ronaldinho, Who Is Best Playmaker Ever? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Accelotti Makes Mikel New Chelsea Playmaker! by BlackRevo: 6:02pm On Jul 24, 2009
http://www.tribalfootball.com/chelsea-boss-ancelotti-ready-hand-midfield-strings-obi-mikel-259038

Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti is ready to play his football through Nigerian midfielder John Obi Mikel.

The Nigerian is a lightening rod for debate from fans around the world, but Ancelotti insists he can build his new midfield around the ex-Lyn Oslo player.

The Italian said: "I have a lot of trust in Mikel, I think he can be the playmaker of this team. He is a young player, but has great quality, both technical and tactical.

"For the present and for the future he is a very important player for us. We are very happy he has signed a new contract and I hope that he stays at Chelsea for a lot of years. I would like that he puts in his great quality for the team."

Such praise can only be good for a player's confidence and for Mikel, it has made him aspire to become more of a dominant force in the Premier League and in Europe. And as far as he is concerned, he couldn't wish for a better coach to help him achieve his goals.

Mikel told the London Evening Standard: "He was a great player himself and it is a great honour that he sees something in me.

"He says I am a player with great qualities, but thinks I can be even better. It is going to take a bit of time, but I am going to work very close with him to make it happen.

"He likes the fact I am strong and can play with the ball, but says that I still need to add more things to my game - if I do that then he thinks I'm going to be fantastic. Hopefully things are going to go well and he will bring out the best in me.

"I have worked with him for two weeks and we are trying to get to know the formation he wants to play.

"Before the season starts we are all going to be mentally focused and we're going to get the system right. The team wants to win titles and this is why he is here."

Thank God At Last
Re: Accelotti Makes Mikel New Chelsea Playmaker! by deb(m): 5:06am On Jul 25, 2009
We shall see lipsrsealed
Re: Accelotti Makes Mikel New Chelsea Playmaker! by iniguy(m): 11:57am On Jul 25, 2009
Yes lets wait and see!
Re: Accelotti Makes Mikel New Chelsea Playmaker! by chidichris(m): 9:25am On Jul 26, 2009
did anyone watch mikel against milan? the guy is growing from strenght to strenght.
Re: Accelotti Makes Mikel New Chelsea Playmaker! by Cristalz(f): 1:52pm On Jul 26, 2009

(1)

UCL: Tottenham Hotspurs Vs Real Madrid [0 - 1] On 12th April 2011 / As SAF Statue Was Unveiled, Rainbow Appeared Over Manchester / M

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.