Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,423 members, 7,812,243 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:35 AM

Between Maradona, Zidane And Ronaldinho, Who Is Best Playmaker Ever? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Between Maradona, Zidane And Ronaldinho, Who Is Best Playmaker Ever? (15896 Views)

Has Lionel Messi Surpassed The Status Of Pele, Maradona Or Zidane? / Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? / Who Is More Skillfull Between Zidane And Ronaldihno? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Maradona, Zidane And Ronaldinho, Who Is Best Playmaker Ever? by annyplenty(m): 1:50am On Jun 13, 2009
I saw a website where they are doing online voting to select best players ever. For the the playmaker category, they have Maradonna, Zidane and Ronaldinho.

Lets do our own voting too. who do you consider the best ever?.
Re: Between Maradona, Zidane And Ronaldinho, Who Is Best Playmaker Ever? by annyplenty(m): 1:52am On Jun 13, 2009
As for me, it is the only professor of football, Zidane.

ALLEZ ZIZOU. ALLEZ, ALLEZ, ALLEZ.

GO ZIZOU, GO, GO, GO.
Re: Between Maradona, Zidane And Ronaldinho, Who Is Best Playmaker Ever? by sheriffman(m): 5:21pm On Jun 15, 2009
well for me the answer will always be Zidane,at least amongst the 3 mentioned.Zidane was excellent for both club and country
Re: Between Maradona, Zidane And Ronaldinho, Who Is Best Playmaker Ever? by biina: 7:32pm On Jun 15, 2009
for playmaking, Zidane is the obvious choice.
Re: Between Maradona, Zidane And Ronaldinho, Who Is Best Playmaker Ever? by akintun: 7:45pm On Jun 15, 2009
By far Ronaldino. Zizo is a great player because of the competitiveness of the Euro championship which maradona and Ronaldino cannot attend.
Re: Between Maradona, Zidane And Ronaldinho, Who Is Best Playmaker Ever? by Krayola(m): 7:48pm On Jun 15, 2009
Ronaldinho, but for only 2 seasons . . so I guess Zidane can take it. Those party crazed Brazilians just can't help prematurely ending their careers cry
Re: Between Maradona, Zidane And Ronaldinho, Who Is Best Playmaker Ever? by sheriffman(m): 7:50pm On Jun 15, 2009
Broda tanx 4 dis topic looks hot.
once again it's d great Zinedine Zidane
Re: Between Maradona, Zidane And Ronaldinho, Who Is Best Playmaker Ever? by tkb417(m): 8:36pm On Jun 15, 2009
maradona, zizzou and dinho in that order for me
Re: Between Maradona, Zidane And Ronaldinho, Who Is Best Playmaker Ever? by dapsycool(m): 9:08pm On Jun 15, 2009
Pope John ZIDANE The best footballer from the beginning of football till the end cool cool cool
Re: Between Maradona, Zidane And Ronaldinho, Who Is Best Playmaker Ever? by opetope: 11:35am On Jun 16, 2009
From the contributions so far it seems those people here have not started watching soccer in the days of Diego Armando Maradona the great. King of Soccer. Remove Bad belle
Re: Between Maradona, Zidane And Ronaldinho, Who Is Best Playmaker Ever? by bgees(m): 1:08pm On Jun 16, 2009
Maradona is my choice.
And he is the greatest footballer ever.
Re: Between Maradona, Zidane And Ronaldinho, Who Is Best Playmaker Ever? by vikiviko(m): 1:24pm On Jun 16, 2009
Undoubtedly Maradona is the best Play maker in Football history.

He single handedly wins matches at the highest level, he dribbles with ease can play with both legs.

Scored the best in goal in World cup history against England then the famous "hand of God" goal.

Zizzou yes great galactico, won the World Cup, La Liga, World's best Champions League and more.He is good but his influence in matches is no where near what Maradona did .

Dinho is good , great skill and scoring abilities.

Maradona is the greatest Footballer in Eternity.
Re: Between Maradona, Zidane And Ronaldinho, Who Is Best Playmaker Ever? by Krayola(m): 5:42pm On Jun 16, 2009
To be honest I was too young to have watched a lot of Mardaona. I only ever watched him at the world cup, and Barcelona games here and there. I know Maradona mostly for dribbling and one- two type passing. . but I think Zidane's great vision and passing puts him a class above, plus the fact that he didn't destroy his career prematurely.

1 Like

Re: Between Maradona, Zidane And Ronaldinho, Who Is Best Playmaker Ever? by biina: 6:33pm On Jun 16, 2009
Seems some people don't know what it means to be a playmaker

Playmaker: A player in a sport with goals, such as a guard in basketball, who initiates offensive plays.

The playmaker conducts the orchestra of his team's attack. A key part of being a good playmaker is ball distribution. Running at defenses is not play making.
Playmakers play in the middle of the field, and not as supporting/shadow strikers. Their main weapon is their passing, and not their dribbling skills.
For example, in the current Barcelona team, Xavi is the playmaker and not messi.
Maradona was a great player, but was far from being a great playmaker
Re: Between Maradona, Zidane And Ronaldinho, Who Is Best Playmaker Ever? by annyplenty(m): 6:43pm On Jun 16, 2009
vikiviko:

He single handedly wins matches at the highest level, he dribbles with ease can play with both legs.

Scored the best in goal in World cup history against England then the famous "hand of God" goal.

Zizzou yes great galactico, won the World Cup, La Liga, World's best Champions League and more.He is good but his influence in matches is no where near what Maradona did .

Zizzou also decided many matches at the highest levels. Zidane also almost single-handely won the world cup for the french in 1998 against the almighty brazil. he gave france two early leads.

Zizzou single-handedly neutralised the midfield of brazil that paraded Ronaldinho, Kaka, Robinho, Ze-Roberto and Ronaldo da Lima in the quarter final of Germany 2006 world cup. He humbled the brazillians on two occasions at the world level.

Zizzou played like he created football.

Re: Between Maradona, Zidane And Ronaldinho, Who Is Best Playmaker Ever? by annyplenty(m): 6:49pm On Jun 16, 2009
vikiviko:

Zizzou also decided many matches at the highest levels. Zidane also almost single-handely won the world cup for the french in 1998 against the almighty brazil. he gave france two early leads.

Zizzou single-handedly neutralised the midfield of brazil that paraded Ronaldinho, Kaka, Robinho, Ze-Roberto and Ronaldo da Lima in the quarter final of Germany 2006 world cup. He humbled the brazillians on two occasions at the world level.

Zizzou played like he created football. he also played with both legs and very good at hair. he could control the whole field from a spot and carried the whole weight of his team on his shoulder.

the last instruction any coach of a team Zizzou plays for gives, is: "pass the all to Zizzou if you dont know what to do"
Re: Between Maradona, Zidane And Ronaldinho, Who Is Best Playmaker Ever? by Krayola(m): 12:37am On Jun 17, 2009
biina:

Seems some people don't know what it means to be a playmaker

Playmaker: A player in a sport with goals, such as a guard in basketball, who initiates offensive plays.

The playmaker conducts the orchestra of his team's attack. A key part of being a good playmaker is ball distribution. Running at defenses is not play making.
Playmakers play in the middle of the field, and not as supporting/shadow strikers. Their main weapon is their passing, and not their dribbling skills.
For example, in the current Barcelona team, Xavi is the playmaker and not messi.
Maradona was a great player, but was far from being a great playmaker

Haha. . thats exactly what i was thinking. I was wondering why Maradona was on the list . . . Ronaldinho is a play maker though.
Re: Between Maradona, Zidane And Ronaldinho, Who Is Best Playmaker Ever? by tkb417(m): 8:39am On Jun 17, 2009
Maradona not a playmaker?
and what was he?
any ideas?

u guys shld stop saying what you dont know. How many clips of Maradona did u see?
if u havent seen, try and buy DVDs and see

check his exploits at the world cup, napoli and co and get back to me

Zidane a great player but Maradona is a notch better
Re: Between Maradona, Zidane And Ronaldinho, Who Is Best Playmaker Ever? by biola44: 10:18am On Jun 17, 2009
zizou cheesy
Re: Between Maradona, Zidane And Ronaldinho, Who Is Best Playmaker Ever? by jalether(m): 1:00pm On Jun 17, 2009
there is only one playmaker of all playmakers, Maradona the Don, like i have always said

until Zidane and ronaldinho single handedly win the world cup, all comparisons should be suspended
Re: Between Maradona, Zidane And Ronaldinho, Who Is Best Playmaker Ever? by dayokanu(m): 1:44pm On Jun 17, 2009
Zidane won the world cup in 1998.

Maradona had support casts too at Argentina
Re: Between Maradona, Zidane And Ronaldinho, Who Is Best Playmaker Ever? by biina: 2:34pm On Jun 17, 2009
tkb417:

Maradona not a playmaker?
and what was he?
any ideas?

u guys shld stop saying what you dont know. How many clips of Maradona did u see?
if u havent seen, try and buy DVDs and see

check his exploits at the world cup, napoli and co and get back to me

Zidane a great player but Maradona is a notch better
lets start with his most memorable performance. In the 1986 world cup, what was maradona's position? undecided
Re: Between Maradona, Zidane And Ronaldinho, Who Is Best Playmaker Ever? by biina: 2:36pm On Jun 17, 2009
jalether:

there is only one playmaker of all playmakers, Maradona the Don, like i have always said

until Zidane and ronaldinho single handedly win the world cup, all comparisons should be suspended
Nobody has ever (and will ever) single handedly won the world cup. It is not possible to single handedly win a team sport.
Re: Between Maradona, Zidane And Ronaldinho, Who Is Best Playmaker Ever? by Ibime(m): 3:42pm On Jun 17, 2009
Zidane ke?

Abegi Maradona is in a class of his own.

If Ronaldo had maintained fitness throughout his career, Zidane would not be the greatest player of his generation, talkless of challenging Maradona.
Re: Between Maradona, Zidane And Ronaldinho, Who Is Best Playmaker Ever? by biina: 3:55pm On Jun 17, 2009
Ibime:

Zidane ke?

Abegi Maradona is in a class of his own.

If Ronaldo had maintained fitness throughout his career, Zidane would not be the greatest player of his generation, talkless of challenging Maradona.
The debate is on the greatest playmaker of the trio, and not the greatest player.
Re: Between Maradona, Zidane And Ronaldinho, Who Is Best Playmaker Ever? by tkb417(m): 4:23pm On Jun 17, 2009
Nobody has ever (and will ever) single handedly won the world cup. It is not possible to single handedly win a team sport.
then you didnt see Argentina vs England in 1986 world cup

lets start with his most memorable performance. In the 1986 world cup, what was maradona's position?
what you do not know, its good to ask so i give you thumbs up for asking
Diego Amando maradona was a playmaker in 1986 world cup. he played as a central midfielder

Argentina had 3 strikers at the 86 mundial namely
~ Sergio Almiron
~Jorge Valdano
~Pedro Pasculli

Maradona was in the midfield with others like

~Claudio Borghi
~Jorge Burruchaga
~Richardo Giusti

so how is Maradona not a playmaker?
can u enlighten us?
Re: Between Maradona, Zidane And Ronaldinho, Who Is Best Playmaker Ever? by Sauron1: 4:46pm On Jun 17, 2009
Maradona is undoubtedly the best playmaker in the world.

Zidane is 500 notches below El Diego.
He proved it time and time again dragging Argentina to two world cup finals.
How can anyone forget this move by Maradona to disgrace Brazil @ Italia 90.

[flash=425,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Is1CxzEAxoI&hl=en&fs=1&"[/flash]

How did Maradona find Caniggia in the midst of 4 Brazilian defenders? I can never get tired of watching of this goal.
One telepathic pass turned 4 defenders into a muddle.
Top drawer!!!! cool cool cool cool
Re: Between Maradona, Zidane And Ronaldinho, Who Is Best Playmaker Ever? by tkb417(m): 4:51pm On Jun 17, 2009
Maradona is undoubtedly the best playmaker in the world.
nobody comes close

so many didnt see Maradona so i guess we can pardon them
Zizou is one of the greatest but maradona is the CEO of the playmakers grin grin
Re: Between Maradona, Zidane And Ronaldinho, Who Is Best Playmaker Ever? by Sauron1: 4:57pm On Jun 17, 2009
tkb417:

nobody comes close

He was born to play football!!!
Re: Between Maradona, Zidane And Ronaldinho, Who Is Best Playmaker Ever? by FBS: 5:00pm On Jun 17, 2009
shait . . .He is good.
The best till date.
Re: Between Maradona, Zidane And Ronaldinho, Who Is Best Playmaker Ever? by codedguy1(m): 5:07pm On Jun 17, 2009
Maradona defined what football is today. he was playing light years ahead of what other players were doing.

Check out his exploits at Napoli, i just start laughing whenever he is on the ball cos i know magic is whats gonna happen.

Maradona is a football god. cool
Re: Between Maradona, Zidane And Ronaldinho, Who Is Best Playmaker Ever? by biina: 5:14pm On Jun 17, 2009
tkb417:

then you didnt see Argentina vs England in 1986 world cup
and everybody else on his team did nothing? undecided
Maradona scored two goals against England and that equates to single handedly winning the world cup. Even if it was just scoring of goals, how many did he score in the finals?

what you do not know, its good to ask so i give you thumbs up for asking
Diego Amando maradona was a playmaker in 1986 world cup. he played as a central midfielder

Argentina had 3 strikers at the 86 mundial namely
~ Sergio Almiron
~Jorge Valdano
~Pedro Pasculli

Maradona was in the midfield with others like

~Claudio Borghi
~Jorge Burruchaga
~Richardo Giusti

so how is Maradona not a playmaker?
can u enlighten us?
At the 1986 world cup, maradona played as a supporting striker to Valdano for most games, and was used occasionally as a trequartista ( in the two matches Pasculli played) against teams that were likely to adopt defensive tactics - korea and uruguay. Maradona being the highest goal scorer in his team in 1986 is further evidence that he was primarily scoring goals, and not creating chances for others.
Same applied at Napoli, maradona was primarily an SS for Giordano, and became a trequartista after the arrival of careca, in a bid to accommodate all three.
As maradona grew older, be played deeper.

To give you an example, a modern day trequartista is Kaka, yet pirlo is the playmaker in AC milan.

At the 2002 world cup, Ronaldinho was the playmaker, but at Barcelona, Xavi is the playmaker.

Like I said earlier, the problem seems to be a misunderstanding of who is a playmaker. People shouldn't equate being a great player to being a great playmaker.
Maradona was a better player than Zidane, but Zidane was a better playmaker.
Valderrama was a much better playmaker than both zidane and maradona, and yet he is not even close to them as a player.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Partizan Belgrade Vs Manchester United : Europa League 0 -1 On 24th October 2019 / Chelsea Vs Newcastle United (2 - 0) On 15th February 2021 / UCL Semi: Barcelona Vs Inter [1 - 0; 2 - 3 Agg]On Wednesday 28th April

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.