Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,828 members, 7,820,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt (23104 Views)

Russia Vs Egypt: World Cup 2018 (3 - 1) On 19th June 2018 / Nigeria Vs Cameroon: Player Rating / Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by Godson32(m): 9:48am On Mar 26, 2016
Buhari & NFA 1/10.

1 Like

Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by lexyman(m): 10:05am On Mar 26, 2016
xtervaganza:
thus is why the players misbehave all the time

Iwobi who's still a rookie without 20 pro appearances to his name is being compared to Jay Jay by you?

Na wa ooo

Read that line very well , I am not comparing him to jay jay but I said the pass he made look one of jay jay passes ....don't forget he's jay jay's Nephew , he must have learnt a lot from the big bro .and I know for sure he has been under studying jay jay for a very long time .
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by Nobody: 10:32am On Mar 26, 2016
Rajosh:
5/10? you didn't do justice to Moses Simon at all. your opinion though. iwobi played well but didn't play enough to get a 6/10 rating. my opinion though.
my guy iwobis touches were classical. the FEW touches hê had showed flashes of jay jay and kanu nwankwo. Look at the pass hê gave Moses, Hê should start the next match, the guy is better of than etebo, Simon, and All the Moses '
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by xtervaganza(m): 10:48am On Mar 26, 2016
lexyman:

Read that line very well , I am not comparing him to jay jay but I said the pass he made look one of jay jay passes ....don't forget he's jay jay's Nephew , he must have learnt a lot from the big bro .and I know for sure he has been under studying jay jay for a very long time .
alaye, you compared him to Jay Jay and went ahead to say an unknown rookie who hasn't proven himself anywhere is the number 10 we are looking for

And who lied to you you can study natural talent? You can model your style of play if you have the talent naturally

But if you don t have it you can never have it even if Maradona and Pele mix sp€rm born you
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by dozai: 10:57am On Mar 26, 2016
Simply put. Egypt cheated to get d goal. where was the fair play Fifa always preach. A player was down, ball was kicked into touch. u simply passed between urselves and scored. I hope our players remembers. I was gutted. And I guess that's why d ref stopped the match abruptly.
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by Faru1(m): 11:33am On Mar 26, 2016
....hmmm less you forget, what will be the rating of that lady on beads uniform?
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by Ezerbullet(m): 11:46am On Mar 26, 2016
Jarus:
6, ETEBO - The number 4 man showed some class, but he still needs to play more with Mikel to show some sync. He was daring and his goal, though a tap-in, wasn't as easy as people may think. He used one leg to bock the on-rushing Egyptian defender and used the other to tap in. Decent game. 6/10

7, MIKEL - Played his traditional role of being the stabilizer. Showed good leadership. But he appeared to be at a loss
with his fellow midfielders sometimes. His long supplies to the attackers weren't as productive, but his short balls were helpful in maintaining possession. 7/10

8, MUSA - An off day yet again for the CSKA man. His last good game for Nigeria was against Argentina. As someone that plays UCL every season, one would have expected more from this man especially in finesse. His final balls were poor. Yes, he had one or two shots at goals, but the highlight of his game was the ones he didn't play well. His crosses were far from what you expect from a number 7. Needs to be more consistent. 4/10

9, S. MOSES - No doubt a good dribbler, but needs to play to the gallery less. A decent game. 5/10

10, IHENACHO: - Used as supporting striker/attacking midfielder. Was largely quiet for the first half, but later came out blazing. His shot that hit the bar set the tone for our only goal. Didnt get much balls, but looked deadly the few times he had ball. Not a bad game, although we expected more. 6/10

12, IGHALO: The jury is still out on whether he will be a club-only player. There appears to be no sync between him and the midfielders, and even his fellow forwards. I think coaches need to derive a model for him at trainings to get more of him. He doesn't appear to be at striker that can play lonely upfront. Maybe Siasia should find an Ideye for his Emenike. Yet, he showed some flashes the very few times he had ball. 5/10

This is the most stupid rating I've ever seen. kiss
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by Jarus(m): 12:26pm On Mar 26, 2016
Ezerbullet:

This is the most stupid rating I've ever seen. kiss

You can actually disagree with my rating without calling it silly. There is something called being cultured.

4 Likes

Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by P0intBlank(m): 12:34pm On Mar 26, 2016
omusiliyu:
Even wit 3 Moses'
1. Moses Simon
2. Victor Moses
3. Ahmed Musa (Moses)

they cudn't conquer d Egyptians. A job that just 1 Moses performd b4" nawa oooo

Moses was needed to get them out of Egypt. So hopefully,come 29th March, Moses(es) will get us out of Egypt unscathed cheesy
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by mrikay: 12:34pm On Mar 26, 2016
Jarus:

You can actually disagree with my rating without calling it silly. There is something called being cultured.

1 like

1 Like

Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by lexyman(m): 1:03pm On Mar 26, 2016
xtervaganza:
alaye, you compared him to Jay Jay and went ahead to say an unknown rookie who hasn't proven himself anywhere is the number 10 we are looking for

And who lied to you you can study natural talent? You can model your style of play if you have the talent naturally

But if you don t have it you can never have it even if Maradona and Pele mix sp€rm born you

Can you mention exceptionally gifted footballers you know that did'nt understudy some of their predecessors . Just few .
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by Nobody: 2:11pm On Mar 26, 2016
akatekpe:
Onazi? Which match are you referring to bro? Abi I go somewhere when he enter the pitch?

Onazi is also fond of making those forward runs leaving the back four exposed..

Smiles
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by sontoly: 2:12pm On Mar 26, 2016
OP your rating was bias. how you manage
rate iwobi higher than Simon mosses, that is sentimental.
you must be an arsenalfan.
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by abbiboy: 3:06pm On Mar 26, 2016
i tink dey hard a bad game yesterday,mayb der re nt used to demelves yet
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by baum1: 4:37pm On Mar 26, 2016
Icon4s:
Jarus i totally disagree with ur rating for most of d starting 11.

Carl Ikeme deserves more than ur rating.I rate him 7/10
Ambrose did better than what u rated him. I give him 6/10.
Obaobona though was nt much involved bt he hardly did anything wrong. a 5/10 would have done for him.
Simon Moses was really d best player on d pitch today u gave him 5/10?. I rate him 7.5/10

Icon, I agree. Jarus, nice analysis...Ikeme deserves more, though..I pointed this same view to a guy here on Nairaland who said Ikeme cost us the game.
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by baum1: 4:39pm On Mar 26, 2016
sontoly:
OP your rating was bias. how you manage
rate iwobi higher than Simon mosses, that is sentimental.
you must be an arsenalfan.

Yes, Moses Simon, that guy is good...Iwobi was good for the few minutes he played..I think Jarus's rating ranks players that played for more time separately from the ones that came in as substitutes..
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by Getikebusy(m): 6:20pm On Mar 26, 2016
I need to see Iwobi play 10 position in Alexandria as early as possible and Echiejele to add some sense to that a senseless back line. That's the only we may win
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by babajay69: 8:20pm On Mar 26, 2016
Jarus:
SUBS

12, UMAR - The number 12 added some bite to the attack when he came on board. He also did some decent two-on-one. He had a daring shot at goal. I think he justified his inclusion. 6/10

13, V. MOSES - Gave reasons why he should have started ahead of Musa. Added more bite to our attack with daring runs. Proved a handful to the Egyptian defenders. He should have hit the ball harder to score what would have been SE's second goal, but he couldnt ahve known teh defender would still have been able to clear the ball - or maybe he had run too much to hit the ball better. Whatever be the case, he had a decent game. 6.5/10

14, IWOBI - The youngster completed the allowable substitution number. He also showed some flashes for the few minutes he played and contributed to the trio of Moses and Umar running ring around the Egyptian defence in the final minutes in search of a second goal that never came. A decent show. 6/10

SIASIA: - Good line-up and good substitution, but he should have known better to tell his players to defend the only goal in the dying minutes. He appeared confident his boys were going away with victory. 6/10

Overall, I don't think this team is bad. They just need to play more and know when to jealously guard an advantage as Ghanaian players do (You hardly come from behind against Ghana. They will rather die on the field). This generational tendency for SE to lose concentration when it mattered most is still very much around.

lalasticlala - 10/10

I think that Mikel is the problem of this team because he seems not to know his role in the team weather as a defensive midfielder or a central attacking midfielder or even a deep lying midfielder. Most times he drops too deep forgetting that he should be closer to the attack and he also very slow to recover when we lose the ball. He seems to be caught in two minds when playing and it effects the team. He needs to play a bit more like Yaya toure with a lot of force and power not the way he plays now.
I will score him a 4.
Also I think we need to look for more intelligent defenders. Ambrose is woeful he very sloppy and slow in possession. He always looks as if he's about to lose the ball anytime he gets it. He also just aimlessly kicks the out without any direction. A waste if you ask me. Oboboana
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by Badmus20(m): 8:53pm On Mar 26, 2016
team#NIGERIA#CHELSEA#MIKEL
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by Oghumu1(m): 10:08pm On Mar 26, 2016
Classiqharry:
Thanks for that observations, I thought I was alone on that. The constant hoffing and puffing of the ball into the sky by our players was painful to watch, the 2nd half was better though, but for the calibre of players in super eagles, it shouldn't be happening. I lost count of wasted opportunities due to constant balloon of ball to our attackers quote author=Oghumu1 post=44119904]Musa deserve a 2/10 . let someone introduce foreign football to SIASIA so he can change this dry pattern of football Musa and co love playing. We don't have any tall striker, so why crossing the ball any slight opportunity?? Can't they hold possession of the ball like MIKEL?? And play a calm football then knock into their box create a goal opportunity then score. Greedy players, they just dy dribble anyhow, lack communication.
I wish someone would take these suggestions to SIASIA. I'll be very happy, we need to change our pattern
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by ghuzy01: 11:01pm On Mar 26, 2016
saintmark88:
I don't like that Moses Simon of a guy, I didn't watch d game but I watched him play in the ucl second round.. Gent vs wolfsburg, the guy was a shadow of him self, forming pace, dribbling n trickery Tht didn't work not even once, until he was sub bfre his club was able to score..... The guy is no good, u can't win a game with Moses Simon in ur attack.... Play iwobi n Moses on d flank, thts better, cos even musa does not have sense. I dnt tink he plays from d flank at cska. am nt so sure.....

Ighalo

Ideye

Iwobi. V. Moses

onazi mikel

Emerson. omeruo. Balogun. Shehu

Ikeme
My Nigerian eleven
This team is sure to hold their own against any team
Guy pls keep quiet,we 're talking about the game,he played very well so stfu if u didn't watch d game.
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by saintmark88(m): 1:40am On Mar 27, 2016
ghuzy01:

Guy pls keep quiet,we 're talking about the game,he played very well so stfu if u didn't watch d game.

I dont need to watch d game to know who is not good enough to wear our national team Jersey, I didn't realize Moses Simon is ur brother, buh if it pains u tht much go n hug transformer, d guy is a terrible footballer, if he played so well as u say, y did we not win d game...rubbish!!!!
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by Ezerbullet(m): 9:07pm On Mar 27, 2016
Jarus:

I'm sorry, ii shouldn't have made such a comment.

1 Like

Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by Jarus(m): 9:26pm On Mar 27, 2016
Ezerbullet:

I'm sorry, ii shouldn't have made such a comment.

No wahala. Thx.

1 Like

Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt by baum1: 1:15pm On Mar 28, 2016
saintmark88:

I dont need to watch d game to know who is not good enough to wear our national team Jersey, I didn't realize Moses Simon is ur brother, buh if it pains u tht much go n hug transformer, d guy is a terrible footballer, if he played so well as u say, y did we not win d game...rubbish!!!!

Moses Simon played excellent football in the match against Egypt in Kaduna..He, alongside Iheanacho and Iwobi, is the future of SE..Rewatch the match.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

AFCON: Nigeria's Victory Over Egypt Break The Pharaoh's 16-Game Unbeaten Record / Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse / Siasia And Super Eagles Training At Abuja Stadium (PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.