Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,688 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

Nigerians: Very Stupid People! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians: Very Stupid People! (5200 Views)

3 Tribe With Highest Number Of Touts And Stupid People. / Nigerians:very Stupid People! / Nigerians: Very Stupid People! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians: Very Stupid People! by inspiredm(m): 1:17am On Jul 25, 2009
[b]To the myopic mind, this article might be disgusting. However the fact is that Nigerians are stupid people who deserve what they’ve got. Yes, Nigerians deserve the misery, enslavement and degradation a clique of politicians have inflicted on them. How you may ask, are Nigerians stupid?

Majority of Nigerians and are not prepared to emancipate themselves and their children from tyranny and oppression. When I say Nigerians I do not refer to the few set of people who have gallantly stood up against injustice and oppression. When I say Nigerians, I am referring to a great number of us, who are scared to stand up for our rights. My aim is to reach out not to political activists, but to the grumbling masses. Yes, the grumbling masses are very stupid indeed! Anyone who cannot stand up for his right is stupid and deserves the situation he finds himself in. Collectively, Nigerians are stupid for allowing a clique of politicians to steal what belongs to them. Yes, collectively we deserve what we’ve got and we will continue to get more deprivation until we stand up for what is right.

My past articles have brought me nothing but trouble. I receive deaths threats daily and my dear mother told me to quit expressing my views. I took time out to analyze why I do what I do and I now understand why we as Nigerians have been psychologically shackled for so long. I told my mother that I must die someday and so will she. I told her if it means for me to die, I would die for expressing how I feel. My mother told me I must be mad to say that. I then told my mother that she is wrong, has been wrong and will remain wrong in that aspect. Yes, my mother like your father and mother, like our political fathers and mothers have gotten it all wrong! They were and are still too scared to die for their rights. The average Nigerian sees someone who is killed protesting against injustice and oppression as a fool. The average Nigerian thinks he or she is wise to have kept quiet when others were killed protesting for their rights.

The average Nigerian is a fool who deserves all the misery and deprivation he experiences. Why should some politicians hold millions of Nigerians to ransom for over 40 years if the people are not stupid? We deserve what we’ve got because we collectively shied away from fighting for what is right.

I have always wondered what we as Nigerians would have done if we were in the shoes of the blacks in South Africa during the regime of apartheid. With the current mindset of Nigerians, I believe the regime of apartheid would still have been in place. Collectively as one people the blacks in South Africa fought and died for justice. Young and old protested to their deaths until justice was served. Ask yourself this question ‘can I die for what I know is right?’ ‘Will I be a fool if I die protesting against injustice and oppression?’

For over 40 years, the military and political class has used intimidation and brutality to crush dissent. They know that Nigerians are stupid and scared. They know that if they shoot at you and kill you, others will flee. They know that if you are thrown into jail others will never fight for justice. Who is then the fool? Collectively we are fools who deserve what we’ve have gotten. Until we change this attitude prosperity will never come. Change is in our hands, we must fight for it even if it means protesting till we die. Was Malcolm X a fool? Was Martin Luther King a fool? No! They were not fools to die for what they believed in. These are Black Men like you and I who were willing to die for justice.

How long will Nigerians continue to be afraid of death? We must die someday whether we like it or not. We must die someday whether we are poor or rich. Just as I will never allow anyone rape my wife and go unpunished, so I will never allow anyone to rape my rights and go unpunished!

I believe in a Nigeria where everyone created in the image of God is free and equal.

I believe in a Nigeria were the rights of the weak and poor are respected.

I believe in a Nigeria where the people elect those who should govern them.

I believe in a Nigeria where the resources in my land are used to develop my people.

I believe in a Nigeria where the rulers do not steal what belongs to everyone.

I believe in a Nigeria where a Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa, Ijaw etc agree how they should to live together.

Anything short of that is a crime against my conscience and against my God given freedom!

Anything short of that gives me the right to self determination!

I have decided to die for what I believe in. How about you?
[/b]

Dr. Howard Lawson Jaja

New York

USA

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians: Very Stupid People! by samparian(m): 4:03am On Jul 25, 2009
inspired_m:

I have decided to die for what I believe in. How about you?

And you're in New York, "ready to die" and calling those in Nigeria stupid.
when was the last time you joined us under the sun and voted?

Professor Wole Soyinka and others are in Nigeria trying to make a difference.

i'll answer your question when we meet in Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians: Very Stupid People! by Nobody: 9:37am On Jul 25, 2009
"my dear mother told me to quit expressing my views"
I advise you listen to your mother or you fight like a patriot by coming back home and join the rest of the patriots like Wole Soyinka and Adams Oshiomole and then, you will realise that Nigerians are a great people.
Pls don't call GREAT NIGERIANS stupid or are you as a Nigerian stupid?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians: Very Stupid People! by Thor(m): 9:43am On Jul 25, 2009
The reality is that Nigerians are a stupid race of people, but seeing how the coutry is so fragmented under tribal lines, is there really such an animal as a Nigerian?
Re: Nigerians: Very Stupid People! by inspiredm(m): 9:48am On Jul 25, 2009
samparian:

And you're in New York, "ready to die" and calling those in Nigeria stupid.
when was the last time you joined us under the sun and voted?

Professor Wole Soyinka and others are in Nigeria trying to make a difference.

i'll answer your question when we meet in Nigeria.

Dr. Jaja is in New York because , Citizens like you would not join him on the streets of Abuja to Protest the Enslavement of Nigerians . He will be picked up

by Okiro/Onovo , Aandokar and Dike , and you'll be cheering on those Idiots to teach him a lesson ! , What a STUPID Nation !
Re: Nigerians: Very Stupid People! by samparian(m): 12:20pm On Jul 25, 2009
Thor:

The reality is that Nigerians are a stupid race of people, but seeing how the coutry is so fragmented under tribal lines, is there really such an animal as a Nigerian?

Be careful when you talk about my people and country. Every country has its flaws. How old is United kingdom? have you bothered to study the history of the country you live in to see how they struggled, faltered, misbehaved and later rose to its present status.
You're there shouting, "for Queen and country" "God save the queen"
how about "God save everyone else?"
where were you when England legalised the trading of opuim in the oreint and went to war with china because the chinese were against opuim trading in the orient?

where were you when England and Europe stole from Africa to rebuild their economies after the world war?

where were you when the Aba women refused to pay taxes to the British empire and 56 of them were shot dead in cold blood?

where were you when King Jaja of Opobo withstood the British and was abducted under a pretence of peace treaty?

where were you when the coal miners of Enugu were murdered by British?

Our country Nigeria is young and democracy is a whole new thing to us. we are experimenting and by God's grace we will progress.

Dont ever insult my country.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians: Very Stupid People! by samparian(m): 12:27pm On Jul 25, 2009
@ inspired_mumu
its fools like you and Dr jaja that flee to foreign countries when no one is chasing you.

you stay there reaping the benefits of another man's struggle and insulting your country and parents.
your parents are Nigerians and so are you. Stupid people

keep belittling your selves over there and kill whatever self respect you have left, that is, if you ever had any
Re: Nigerians: Very Stupid People! by Thor(m): 2:19pm On Jul 25, 2009
samparian:

Our country Nigeria is young and democracy is a whole new thing to us. we are experimenting and by God's grace we will progress.
Dont ever insult my country.

LMAO  grin grin grin

There is no democracy in Nigeria, ever since the British left things have gone down hill. Nigeria has been led since Independence by corrupt military and more recently civil leaders who have destroyed the country. They call themselves Nigerians! Tell me what there is to be proud about being a Nigerian or a citizen of Frauderia?

Nigeria = Failure and Criminality

Nigeria is not young, Nigeria is a failed criminal state and with all the will in the world will never amount to anything in it's current state. Nothing to do with God's grace. There is no God in this Universe that could save something so sick and bleeped up  grin grin grin

Nigeria needs to be broken up and divided along tribal lines, that is the only way forward.

The name Nigeria should be buried and forgotten as soon as possible. Time for a change for the good for the people  lipsrsealed

Don't forget that Nigeria was a British Invention so before you shoot off your Nigerian mouth learn your history  grin grin grin

The name Nigeria was created from a portmanteau of the words Niger and Area, taken from the River Niger running through Nigeria. This name was coined by Flora Shaw, the future wife of Baron Lugard, a British colonial administrator, in the late 19th century.

The cancerous name that is 'Nigeria' has to go and we should replace it with a name from the beginnings of our history. A time when these lands ruled the world in terms of civilization.

Re: Nigerians: Very Stupid People! by samparian(m): 2:42pm On Jul 25, 2009
i know my history.
That you want the country to be divided doesnt give you reason to call us stupid!
If we are to judge you by your statements, it means that all tribes including the NOK are STUPID, right?
Re: Nigerians: Very Stupid People! by Thor(m): 3:42pm On Jul 25, 2009
Attacking the name Nigeria is not attacking the people as the name Nigeria is made up and does not reflect the inhabitants.
Re: Nigerians: Very Stupid People! by AjanleKoko: 4:17pm On Jul 25, 2009
Nigerians aint stupid.
Doesn't matter what a rabble-rouser in New York, or a bunch of idiots writing total nonsense on a web forum think.
Nigerians are brave. For living on, despite the odds, despite all the idiots the world over sneering at them. Including the Nigerians-in-denial enjoying temporary refugee status wherever.
Like most people all over the world, we don't choose where we are born, maybe not where we die. But we have to choose how we live.
Re: Nigerians: Very Stupid People! by asha80(m): 4:54pm On Jul 25, 2009
AjanleKoko:

Nigerians aint stupid.
Doesn't matter what a rabble-rouser in New York, or a bunch of idiots writing total nonsense on a web forum think.
Nigerians are brave. For living on, despite the odds, despite all the idiots the world over sneering at them. Including the Nigerians-in-denial enjoying temporary refugee status wherever.
Like most people all over the world, we don't choose where we are born, maybe not where we die. But we have to choose how we live.

I no fit shout grin.

Nigeria is messed up because the people that make up nigeria simply do not believe in nigeria.
Re: Nigerians: Very Stupid People! by samparian(m): 5:05pm On Jul 25, 2009
Thor:

Attacking the name Nigeria is not attacking the people as the name Nigeria is made up and does not reflect the inhabitants.

you're contradicting yourself. your topic says, "Nigerians: very stupid people!" now, you say you're not insulting your own people, your ancestors, parents, friends and relations
Re: Nigerians: Very Stupid People! by samparian(m): 5:06pm On Jul 25, 2009
asha 80:

Nigeria is messed up because the people that make up nigeria simply do not believe in nigeria.

yourself included, right?
Re: Nigerians: Very Stupid People! by asha80(m): 5:08pm On Jul 25, 2009
samparian:

yourself included, right?

Why not?Actions speak louder than words.
Re: Nigerians: Very Stupid People! by Afam4eva(m): 5:14pm On Jul 25, 2009
AjanleKoko:

Nigerians aint stupid.

You truly represent the foolishness of nigerians that the poster was talking about. So it's now brave to do nothing when you are pushed to a tight corner.
Re: Nigerians: Very Stupid People! by samparian(m): 5:25pm On Jul 25, 2009
asha 80:

Why not?Actions speak louder than words.

ok. i rest my case for your side.

afam4eva:

You truly represent the foolishness of nigerians that the poster was talking about. So it's now brave to do nothing when you are pushed to a tight corner.

your advice is that we should all take up arms and join MEND or arm MASSOB, or maybe form a new militia?? that will make us brave and "un stupid" abi?
Re: Nigerians: Very Stupid People! by cap28: 7:46pm On Aug 08, 2009
i totally agree with the above statement, despite being a nigerian myself.

fela said it in sorrow, tears and blood -

but its not just our failure to stand up to oppression its our inability to see that there is something extremely immoral about standing by and watching our fellow citizens being raped, beaten and murdered by the nigerian military - this pathetic reliance on religon without wanting to take your own destiny in your own hands like citizens of other great nations have done before - look at venezuela (an oil producing country like nigeria) - when america tried to overthrow chavez - ordinary people came out en masse and revolted - the army were sent in to fire on their own people but when they saw the overwhelming numbers of people who came out to revolt they laid down their weapons - can that happen in nigeria - i think not because the average nigerian will not want to take that first step to challenging the system and therefore the cycle of tyranny continues.

ive just finished arguing with some numbskull who refused to condemn the current genocide that is currently being perpetrated by our nigerian military against the people of the niger delta region, his argument was that these militants are a bunch of thugs and criminals instead of condemniing the rape and murder thats being carried out by the nigerian military he chose to bleat on about how formidable our military is - what a joke!

every oppressed group in the history of man has risen up or at least attempted to rise up to throw off the shackles of oppression but not us - no we cower away and think of increasing ways to brutalise each other instead of focusing on our real enemy.

i dread to imagine how nigeria will end up if africom succeeds in locating a military base there.
Re: Nigerians: Very Stupid People! by back2back(f): 10:49pm On Aug 08, 2009
Don't forget that Nigeria was a British Invention so before you shoot off your Nigerian mouth learn your history

Indeed.

I guess we should stick the Queen to born-fire for millions of innocent people's life destroyed when her errand boy, Lugard created this contraption!
Re: Nigerians: Very Stupid People! by Thor(m): 10:53pm On Aug 08, 2009
Nigeria as a country is fine. It is the people that spoil it embarassed
Re: Nigerians: Very Stupid People! by Kobojunkie: 11:34pm On Aug 08, 2009
samparian:

ok. i rest my case for your side.

your advice is that we should all take up arms and join MEND or arm MASSOB, or maybe form a new militia?? that will make us brave and "un stupid" abi?

He never said that though so why are you trying to connect A to OMEGA in that fashion?
Re: Nigerians: Very Stupid People! by presido1: 11:47pm On Aug 08, 2009
Disunity is our greatest undoing, We are not one thatz why we cannot fight our enemy. Who will lead the fight? Who will call for the fight? who will command the troop?that we cannot call names and accuse him of fighting for his selfish interest. Ijaws formed MEND to fight the injustice against them because they see themselves as one while they are on it some non ijaws call them criminals and terrorists without minding the injustice they have suffered for the past 40yrs. If what is happening in Nigeria today happens in Odua, Biafra or Arewa republic they will fight against it.  Just like cap28 pointed out in Venezuela, the military cannot shot cuz they see themselves as one, if itz in Nigeria an Hausa commander of that troop will tell his boys to open fire cuz its happening in Lagos and he believes the casualties will be mostly southerners, the same will happen if the riot is in kaduna or Sokoto and the commander is from the south.

Nigerians are not stupid rather Nigerians don't believe in Nigeria, Nigerians are not ONE.
Re: Nigerians: Very Stupid People! by back2back(f): 12:31am On Aug 09, 2009
Nigeria as a country is fine. It is the people that spoil it

I never knew that!

As if a country can make itself without the people!

A country is what the people that belong to it is!

You cant have a fine country and bad people.!

You cant have good people and a bad country!
Re: Nigerians: Very Stupid People! by ak21(m): 12:50am On Aug 09, 2009
@backtoback, you are always on line, are you on free browsing?, send me mail now on austinusuzimdus@yahoo.com, or c sadall me now on 0803 7793 661.
Re: Nigerians: Very Stupid People! by whiteroses(f): 12:58am On Aug 09, 2009
originaly Nigeria was helpless and uncivilized thats just how God or the universe made it but people worked hard and made it what it is today, like national anthem says the labour of our heroes past should not be in vain, i come from background of politicians and historians they said a lot of people have laboured and people died in the past till we got where we are today but there are problems because nigeria is a poor country and over populated so cant manage it properly, remember people like obafemi awolowo and others who were taught law by europeans and they even used that law against the europeans in the end and we got a lot back , i think you are not a Dr like you claim you sound lame and idiotic but please listen to your mum cos if you commit suicide in the end you just die for yourself not anybody else
Re: Nigerians: Very Stupid People! by Kobojunkie: 2:13am On Aug 09, 2009
whiteroses:

originaly Nigeria was helpless and uncivilized thats just how God or the universe made it but people worked hard and made it what it is today, like national anthem says the labour of our heroes past should not be in vain, i come from background of politicians and historians they said a lot of people have laboured and people died in the past till we got where we are today but there are problems because nigeria is a poor country and over populated so cant manage it properly, remember people like obafemi awolowo and others who were taught law by europeans and they even used that law against the europeans in the end and we got a lot back , i think you are not a Dr like you claim you sound lame and idiotic but please listen to your mum cos if you commit suicide in the end you just die for yourself not anybody else
huh?
Re: Nigerians: Very Stupid People! by sjeezy8: 8:57am On Aug 09, 2009
There are specific ways you go about things i think its time for the south to unite because besides tribes their platforms are the same and they can definately dominate the north. The disunity is caused by selfish leaders all across the south, atleast the north are smart enough to use religion to dominate because HAUSAS FULANI only comprimise about 30% of the population but gather the other minorties based on religion. The south cant even gather for a better way of living in Nigeria.
Any and all leaders under the PDP in the senate or house are fake no matter what tribe or religion, people should vote the opposite of pdp.

THE FULANI-HAUSA  can easily be out numbered if the south puts away its differences.

Things like this have to be done in a precise political manor, not by bearing arms or strikes, those dont help.

GOING CRAZY IS DUMB YOU MIGHT AS WELL GO AND DRINK THE TEA OBASANJO OFFERS YOU.
Re: Nigerians: Very Stupid People! by Tsiya(m): 9:19am On Aug 09, 2009
sjeezy8:

There are specific ways you go about things i think its time for the south to unite because besides tribes their platforms are the same and they can definately dominate the north. The disunity is caused by selfish leaders all across the south, atleast the north are smart enough to use religion to dominate because HAUSAS FULANI only comprimise about 30% of the population but gather the other minorties based on religion. The south cant even gather for a better way of living in Nigeria.
Any and all leaders under the PDP in the senate or house are fake no matter what tribe or religion, people should vote the opposite of pdp.

THE FULANI-HAUSA  can easily be out numbered if the south puts away its differences.

Things like this have to be done in a precise political manor, not by bearing arms or strikes, those dont help.

GOING CRAZY IS DUMB YOU MIGHT AS WELL GO AND DRINK THE TEA OBASANJO OFFERS YOU.

Why do u people think Hausa and Fulani people are the problem of this country. Havent you guys taken a look at yourself. Is it because of Umaru that u guys think we are the problem? What about Obasanjo? At a time when Obasanjo was the President, he persecuted his No2 (Hausa man), threw him out of office and he couldnt do anything. The senate president was from south, the head of police, army, NNPC, CBN are all from south. Does their hold on to power change anything in Nigeria?

Is it a Hausa Fulani that is a governor in Oyo, Ogun, Imo or Enugu? You guys should look in ward. Look at yourself. If your mouth is oozing bad smell why should you blame your neighbour for it.
Re: Nigerians: Very Stupid People! by Thor(m): 9:21am On Aug 09, 2009
Let's look at this scientifically and use some real data. Lets look at it from the point of view of worldwide literacy levels:

On a world wide basis Nigerians are extremely stupid and uneducated and at position 138 out of 177 countries  lipsrsealed

If you look at it on an African basis, Nigerians are not the stupidest, but somewhere in the middle with Kenya, Tanzania, Algeria, Egypt, Botswana, South Africa, Gabon and the Congo all being far more educated than Nigerians.  undecided undecided

The cleverest people and most literate in Africa are Zimbabweans at position 92 in the list  grin grin grin

If you look at the countries in the list you will see that West Africa breeds the stupidest and most illiterate people  shocked shocked shocked

Re: Nigerians: Very Stupid People! by sjeezy8: 9:44am On Aug 09, 2009
you guys are pretty damn poor for clever people lmfao!!!
Re: Nigerians: Very Stupid People! by beystwin: 10:16am On Aug 09, 2009
I have noticed that a lot of people on this board take a real pleasure in insulting Nigeria and calling it stupid. You must come from a family of morons, probably your father and mother are stupid and your siblings are imbeciles. How can you insult a whole nation? Why not offer constructive criticism for once? Stop using these sensation-seeking terms to draw attention to yourself.
I think a lot of you are not even Nigerian. Just because you can write in Pidgin does not make you a Nigerian. Please don’t think you are fooling anyone. What kind of a slowpoke are you to keep insulting your country? Does that help your country in any way? Does it make things better?
If you have no solutions to offer, your posts are redundant and a waste of time. Moreover, when you insult Nigeria, this will not make people want to listen to what you have to say. Be constructive.
Re: Nigerians: Very Stupid People! by Thor(m): 10:23am On Aug 09, 2009
beystwin:

Moreover, when you insult Nigeria, this will not make people want to listen to what you have to say. Be constructive.

LMAO grin grin

Seems you are at least one person that has listened and you would have not replied.

Nobody is trying to say that Nigerians are stupid full stop. There are of course many extremely well educated Nigerians, but as a % related to the whole population, the number is small.

Maybe we should change the name of this thread to : Nigerians: 45% are Illiterate and the rest have a low standard of education

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Would The South Be Peaceful If Jonathan Was Rigged Out / Governor Suntai’s Aides Flown To Germany / This Is Our Lagos: The Third Mainland Bridge.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.